what to soak in/How to soak synthetic hair for braids

PassionFruit

I saw a thread a while back & now cant find it that talked about synthetic hair and its drying ways and how to curb that by soaking the hair first

help?

morehairplease

I saw a thread a while back & now cant find it that talked about synthetic hair and its drying ways and how to curb that by soaking the hair first

help?

I would like to know this, as well. It is taking my computer a while to load the page for www.growingafrohairlong.com

I got this from the site:
REMOVING THE ALKALINE BASE[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
You have an option to take the alkaline base off the Kanekalon hair by soaking the extended hair in vinegar and water. A sink full of water, 1 cup of regular vinegar. Soak 15 minutes, rinse, air dry. Spray braid spray on this hair piece by piece when apply to your hair. The alkaline base irritate the scalp in some.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]hths[/FONT]

PassionFruit

I would like to know this, as well. It is taking my computer a while to load the page for www.growingafrohairlong.com

I got this from the site:
REMOVING THE ALKALINE BASE[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
You have an option to take the alkaline base off the Kanekalon hair by soaking the extended hair in vinegar and water. A sink full of water, 1 cup of regular vinegar. Soak 15 minutes, rinse, air dry. Spray braid spray on this hair piece by piece when apply to your hair. The alkaline base irritate the scalp in some.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]hths[/FONT]

thanks so much!!

Lucky's Mom

This is what I do.............

Prepping hair before braiding

BRAIDING HAIR PREPARATION

A bit of Information:

Most of the Human Hair that we can find in the local BSS - has a silicone wash to keep it from tangling....

Remy hair may be the exception.......

So this is what I do..Apply Leave ins.

Most of the "silky, shiny," stuff - Conditioners, and shine products are just that... silicone based, so these will work well on BSS hair.....

I make sure that I spray my Extension/Braiding hair with any Silicone product ( cause they are pretty much all the same)

I tend not to use those products on my OWN hair( unless I flat iron my hair)... but on the extention hair only....

Most commercial conditioners have a slip-type silicone in them... NOT all.... but many of them...
So - since the hair is DEAD and won't last too long anyway.... add your own silicone! This will provide few tangles, and will soften your hair whilst braiding

HUMAN hair PREP:

1. Wash with Dr. Bronner's Castille soap - gentle... in warm water, in a kitchen tub.. I add a squirt of condish ( African Pride leave in, or clear leave in, Creme of Nature Condish ) to the water...

This step also allows for any dyes on the hair to wash away, and not irritate your scalp.

2. Rinse with cold water. Squeeze out the excess.

3. While still wet, add a clear leave in(African Pride, 911, Africa's best, etc), pouring it directly on the hair and down the shaft. (DO NOT USE INFUSIUM, IMO - it is too strong....)

4. I use any silicone product ( except Biosilk - too much alcohol for me.... others include frizzease, sebatians, or any other glossing product) and By hand I rub it down the hair,
or:
spray a silicone product on the hair.
( Suggested: Frizz ease, Spray & Shine, Sebastian, etc same as above)

5. Hang to dry.

Softer, more manageable hair.............

WOW..... totally different hair ........ There are fewer tangles, and the hair issoft and more manageable.

SYNTHETIC HAIR PREP (Kanekalon, Toyokolon, Pro 10, etc.)

1. Add a small amount (1/4 cup) of vinegar & a Bit of Leave in ) to a large tub of Hot tap water(Not boiling). soak it for 10 minutes

2. Rinse with cold water. Squeeze out the excess.

3. While still wet, add a clear leave in, pouring it directly on the hair and down the shaft.

4. I use any silicone product ( exept Biosilk - too much alcohol for me) and By hand I rub it down the hair, or I spray a spray a silicone product on the hair. ( Suggested: Frizz ease, Spray & Shine, Sebastian, Ion, etc )

5. Hang to dry. The Hair should be dry within 12 to 24 hours.