Help, front grows faster than back!

Nessa

See the problem is that my hair in the front grows real fast but the back of my head does not. It is the shortest part. If my hair was as long as my front head of hair I would of have had shoulder lenght. Does any one have any suggestions to contribute to my situation. Please help. Thank you all and god Bless.

Sincerely,
Nessa(Sistagirl)

Kamilla16

My hair grows the exact opposite
I dunno, but I usually try not to relax my hair until I see a lot of new growth in the parts that grow slow. This way I know when I have a touch-up It will have gained length. Maybe you should try braids

Nessa

Thank yoiu for replyin. BUt I have tried braids a whole lot. I won't tell you how many times I have done it. BUt it helps a little bit. But I wear weave/braids like more than 6 times a year.

G

Nessa, this is happening to me. In my case though, it was cut shorter in the back and longer on the sides so now I have this real long hair in the front and the is NOTICEABLY shorter, by like 3 inches or so, I don't want to cut the front my stylist says it will never catch up and be the same, so I'm trying to wait tile the back gets a little longer then I'll even it.

marabou1

Nessa:

Hon, hang in there. I have the exact same problem but I really believe there is nothing I can do about it because it's genetics. Thank God with the help of vitamins, the back of my hair is growing faster.

The front of my hair grows so much faster than the back that I have to cut the front sometimes so that it won't look funny. If the back of my hair grew as fast as the front, my hair would be waist length. No lie!

S

Stylepink

My hair is the same way. It grows slower in the back than in the front. I have also noticed that my hair in the back is drier than the hair in the front, so I try to pay extra attention to the back when I'm moisturizing my hair. Also, I take a multi vitamin every day.

beana3

my hair grows sooo slow in the back. Its more prone to damage as well, is there anthign we can do?

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I wish I had this problem. I'm just the opposite. The front just won't seem to budge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too!

leejure

Nessa,

Is the "back area" drier than the top area? The reason why I ask is becuase the top of my hair usta grow faster than the bottom (back). Meaning, if I were to part my hair from ear to ear, that section was always a good 5 inches shorter (give or take) than the rest of my hair. It wasn't until I started treating the short section like differently, rather I gave it extra attention. I started miosrizing it more (glycerin and water and vaseline) Now, that section is way healthier than its ever been and is about 3 inches from the top/longer section.

-lee

diamondlady

Nessa,

It could be just your growth pattern. My hair does the same thing, the back and also the right side grows slower than the front and the left side. I don't know if there is anything you can do about that, if you find out something, please let me know.

Nessa

Thanks everyone for replyin. Um my hair is kinda drier than the front. But my hair is chin lenght. So if if my hair was to grow as fast as my front hair would of been to shoulder length. BUt I just gotta see. I can't take vitamins cause myparents said I couldn't. I eat all the foods that contain the nutrients and vitamins I need. Well I gott ago

G

I always thought my front hair were growning slow.. (i had always brushed my hair back,, like a pony tail) ever since i started parting my hair down the middle the front hairs have grown tremedously and are now almost as long as the back

It may be genetics.. or it could also be the way you comb your hair

Jenai

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
diamondlady said:
Nessa,

It could be just your growth pattern. My hair does the same thing, the back and also the right side grows slower than the front and the left side. I don't know if there is anything you can do about that, if you find out something, please let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I am not the only one with this problem. Anymore suggestions?

kking7777

Re: Please Help

I strongly suggest scalp massages. Oh and I read a book and it suggested sitting under the dryer and putting conditoner on the areas that are breaking or not in the best of health, every 10 mins and then getting back under the dryer. Well I did this for a little over a month and man! all the areas that were growing slow, almost caught up to the rest of my hair.