ORS Deep Conditioner

beawo

I just did a deep condition treatment with ORS on my hair last night, I left it overnight with a plastic bag over my hair. This morning it has made my hair so soft and nice smelling and tangle-free. I just wanted to share.

Peachtree

Hi Beawo
Did you use the ORS Hair Mayo? I'm not familiar with ORS products, but I have heard many good things about the Hair Mayo.

G

Hair Mayo is "da bomb"!!! I love it. I just used the last of mine yesterday /images/graemlins/confused.gif, the sad part is I've put myself on a major budget and I can't afford to buy anymore until next pay in 2 weeks.... it's gonna be hard w/o it.

beawo

I know, I didn't even buy it. I got it as a sample as I bought shea butter from them. Its the best isn't it. My hair is still soft from using it and it hardly has any tangles.

LondonDiva

ORS Hair Mayo is EXCELLENT. Put it this way its one of the things I'd take with me if I had to live on a desert island. I too have run out and am feeling the effects of not using it. It gives me the same feel as the Motions CPR without all the protein and bits.

Integrity

all ORS users,

i am very curious after the raves on the ORS deep conditioner. please kindly out the lust of ingredients up? thanx!!!

LondonDiva

The ORS is the ONLY product line that I'm not fussed about paying for, because I think their products are very very good.

Pandora I don't have the ingredients at hand and have thrown away the tub cause it's finished, but the ingredients are very very good, no minerals oils or any sorts of crap in it at all. Hopefully someone can post them for you later.

Integrity

londondiva, thanks for your response /images/graemlins/smile.gif
is it also a protein treatment or another cholesterol, i.e can it be substituted for motions CPR or monthly aphogee treatment?

LondonDiva

Pandora

It says on the tub that it's protein enriched. I use it after EVERY hair wash. It makes my new growth so manageable. I slept by accident with it in overnight once and though my hair was gonna be hard or something in the morning as it said protein enriched. It was so soft I couldnt' stop touching it. I was my hair every 2 -3 days and use it EVERY time with a shower cap on under the dryer for 20 mins then wash out. It minimizes breakage for me and makes the comb outs very easy and detangles well. I can't say enough about this product, this is my fave conditioner ever. I still used a protein (CPR) every month or 6 weeks as usual and follow up with the ORS if need be, but it's not really necessary. The breakage that occurs for me at this point is more due to me needing a touch up, or the 2 textures of hair being weaker than anything.

You can add and egg to it and leave on (DONT use heat you hair wil lbe scrambled literally) for a deep monthly conditioning or use it weekly as normal. Your choice. I've never used it with the egg yet.

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
beawo, wasn#t the conditioner dried up in your hair when u woke up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pandora

Beawo used a plastic bag which has an insulating effect. Kind of like a steam/sauna effect on the hair. The heat released from your heat will create the warming effect making the conditoner work better on the hair and also keep it moist. I used my CPR with a shower cap, no heat, yesterday and within a hour there was water underneath the cap and water droplets every where (not sweat) but a condensation type effect. It's an alternative for Deep conditioning if you don't have a hooded dryer. To maximise the effect I have before used 4 caps at one time or wrapped my head with cling film, I think in the states they call is saran wrap or something.

Integrity

ooohhh, i see! that was excellent feedback. i think i'll try the overnight deep conditioner on a friday nite. i was getting quite worried about using my hooded dryer twice a week cos electricity is sure the highest here in germany. (not that i am being stingy) /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daviine

Where in Germany are you from? I used to live in Wildflecken and my sister was born in Wurzburg. Not that its important but I just wanted to shout you out! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Integrity

hi daviine! /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif
i am living and working in munich. i moved from london in the summer.i think i am about 5hours away from würzburg.

G

I didn't like it, it made my hair a little on the brittle side, but then again, this process is only to be done once a month, and it is for protein. I won't be doing it again. It also "messed up" the consistency of the hair mayo and made it sloppy to apply.

Integrity

Caramela said:
It also "messed up" the consistency of the hair mayo and made it sloppy to apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what i imagined would happen. thanks caramela, i will use it as it is then. i am past week 8 so i am planning to sleep with the ORS in my hair to soften and detangle and strenghten over friday night.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
daviine said:
Where in Germany are you from? I used to live in Wildflecken and my sister was born in Wurzburg. Not that its important but I just wanted to shout you out! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I went to high school in Wurzburg and lived in Schweinfurt. We also lived in Baumholder (sp?) when I was about 2 until 4 or 5. My brother was born there. I played softball in wildflicken, as well as other places. Small world!