Ateevya from youtube.

Kinky4Agirl

Has anyone heard of Ateevya from youtube? She has lots of videos on how to care for your hair. She is pretty good but I am new so I could be wrong. I was wondering if any of you ever heard of her and if you think she is someone I should be listening to. Also, is she using good products for the hair? She uses Aphogee and Infusium 23.

-PYT

Any links? Not sure if you are spelling it wrong, but there's a pretty popular / infamous youtuber by the name of Ateeyaa...

LaToya28

Ithink you mean Ateeyaa...or however you spell it lol. The Aphogee regimen is good for getting damaged hair on track. The things she forgets are deep conditioning, moisturizing and sealing, and protective styling. Incorporate those things along with the Aphogee and you will be well on your way to healthy hair.

Barbie83

I used to love Ateyaaa for her half-wig reviews. i always thought she was sweet n genuine....then she started getting too popular and being paid to endorse certain brands n products. her channel became one big commercial and I havent been back in a while. i wish her the best and glad she's seeing success, but i need real, objective reviews.

MsLauren

Barbie83 said:
I used to love Ateyaaa for her half-wig reviews. i always thought she was sweet n genuine....then she started getting too popular and being paid to endorse certain brands n products. her channel became one big commercial and I havent been back in a while. i wish her the best and glad she's seeing success, but i need real, objective reviews.

I agree with this whole statement! :yep: :yep:

Kinky4Agirl

Ok but the Aphogee is still ok to use right? I mean, didn't she start out using the aphogee before she got famous?

toistory

aphogee is great but her techniques are garbage. When I started transitioning and looking for half wig styles and so on i found her youtube page, but i got so much breakage after the first month and went on protein overload. Unless I'm mistaken she doesnt have much length so if you're looking for petroleum overloaded neck length hair do ya thang girl. but she's def not someone i would recommend for healthy hair practices.

Kinky4Agirl

Thanks ladies... I think I will wait for more responses before I comment any further due to being a newbie and all... I know when to listen.

Kinky4Agirl

aphogee is great but her techniques are garbage. When I started transitioning and looking for half wig styles and so on i found her youtube page, but i got so much breakage after the first month and went on protein overload. Unless I'm mistaken she doesnt have much length so if you're looking for petroleum overloaded neck length hair do ya thang girl. but she's def not someone i would recommend for healthy hair practices.

Wow... who knew. I am totally shocked! She sounds so authentic.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

............I've decided I do not want to be part of the madness:grin:...............

She seems nice, though. :look:

Last edited:

isawstars

When I was texlaxed I used aphogee on a regular basis because of Ateeya... I think it was back in 2009/2010 when I did this. I used aphogee shampoo, 2 min reconstructor (not the hard protein), DCed with Silk Elements, then used Aphogee's leave in conditioner. Then I air dried... and bunned on a regular. I retained a lot of length and used Aphogee for over a year... maybe longer than I needed to use it. But my hair likes protein so I never had an issue.

I would never use her styling tips though. Too much heat and manipulation

Seamonster

I wash her every now and again, her grazing shoulder length hair is cute to me.

The youtube established guru's are really resistant to providing honest reviews because of their sponsors. Several of them blocked me because I tell and encourage the truth about sponsorship. They say my revealings are part of the problem for them on youtube. I really think they are driving viewers away from you tube and all us honest vloggers suffer from their short sightedness.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun

loveafterwar

I'll never forget that wig over a sew-in video. I live in Houston too and she knows good and well she wasn't wearing all that out here in this heat and humidity.

Your Cheeziness

When I was texlaxed I used aphogee on a regular basis because of Ateeya... I think it was back in 2009/2010 when I did this. I used aphogee shampoo, 2 min reconstructor (not the hard protein), DCed with Silk Elements, then used Aphogee's leave in conditioner. Then I air dried... and bunned on a regular. I retained a lot of length and used Aphogee for over a year... maybe longer than I needed to use it. But my hair likes protein so I never had an issue.

I would never use her styling tips though. Too much heat and manipulation

Ditto. Her regimen got me started to recovering my hair from relaxer over-processing and heat damage. Her regimen is a decent starting point, but your hair will tell you what you're missing from that point on. Your regimen will depend on your hair, diet, and lifestyle. Her regimen works for her and you just get to have fun and figure out what works for you. Welcome.

sylver2

Ditto. Her regimen got me started to recovering my hair from relaxer over-processing and heat damage. Her regimen is a decent starting point, but your hair will tell you what you're missing from that point on. Your regimen will depend on your hair, diet, and lifestyle. Her regimen works for her and you just get to have fun and figure out what works for you. Welcome.

this. i think so too. especially when your coming from no sort of regimen and damaged short hair.

Aireen

For all the people who are saying she's the same length for however long, for the billionth time, she's said she cuts her hair because she likes the volume and body she gets from her short cuts. NOT EVERYONE WANTS LONG HAIR, GET OVER IT. I swear, I mean, hair is big deal to me but it's not the be all and end all and I would never not take advice from someone if it sounds solid just because of the length of their hair - as long as it looks good, I'm all for tips. I wouldn't follow everything she does, my hair can't handle the triple heat she does (blowdry, flat iron, curling iron) but she DID give me good, sound advice. She's the one that introduced me and a lot of others to Aphogee and protein balance within hair. Gosh, y'all act like if someone has butt length hair they can preach the gospel.

Mz.MoMo5235

She's a hood starting guru to watch. I mean watching her is how I eventually found here when I heat damaged my hair forever and a day ago. If it weren't for her I wouldn't have known about aphogee or what ever it's spelled (I use their gets core protein when ever I do something dumb)

As others have stated her complete reggie isn't the best but you can't really follow any one 100% cause what works for one doesn't work for all.

Get what you need from her then move on to the next and so on

HairNinja

Aateyaa's regimen got me on track with the Aphogee regimen and flat ironing (i didn't curl). I was over processed and damaged. One would still have to moisturize as needed though. But some of her wig videos are wack.

bunnie82

For all the people who are saying she's the same length for however long, for the billionth time, she's said she cuts her hair because she likes the volume and body she gets from her short cuts. NOT EVERYONE WANTS LONG HAIR, GET OVER IT. I swear, I mean, hair is big deal to me but it's not the be all and end all and I would never not take advice from someone if it sounds solid just because of the length of their hair - as long as it looks good, I'm all for tips. I wouldn't follow everything she does, my hair can't handle the triple heat she does (blowdry, flat iron, curling iron) but she DID give me good, sound advice. She's the one that introduced me and a lot of others to Aphogee and protein balance within hair. Gosh, y'all act like if someone has butt length hair they can preach the gospel.

for the record, She trims....not cuts.... I've never seen her with a "haircut" vid with a before and after shot....jussayin....

Angelinhell

This sums up the majority of youtube.

Aireen

for the record, She trims....not cuts.... I've never seen her with a "haircut" vid with a before and after shot....jussayin....
Really? We're gonna get technical? Lol... trims, cuts... yeah either way she uses scissors. I was an avid watcher, I've seen her take hair that looked to be on its way to APL (if she let it grow out some) and cut it. What's your point? :look:

Last edited: