Coconut Garlic Hair Loss/Shedding Remedy!

CaliDiamond

Since I can't afford Alter Ego at this time:perplexed I decided to take it to the kitchen and see what I could concoct. This recipie will stop shedding caused by birth control, stress, etc. in its tracks. I have used it for 2 weeks now and my shedding has come to a screeching halt. If you want a boost in hair growth or to stop shedding and breaking. Try the following recipie. IT WORKS!

In a small cup combine:

*1 chopped clove of garlic
*3 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil
*5-7 drops of a stimulating essential oil of your choice (I use rosemary)

Put this mixture in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.

Let sit for 5-10 minutes, use a spoon to squeeze the essential oil from the garlic, then apply to scalp. (If you are pre-pooing you may apply to entire head)

Co-Wash or shampoo as normal. Don't worry...The garlic smell does not last:grin:

Last edited:

CaliDiamond

I am sitting with it in my head right now.lol. If I am just doing a scalp massage, I let it sit for 10-15 min. If I am pre-pooing I will let it sit for up to 30 min with a cap/plastic bag on my head so it doesn't drip.

CaliDiamond

Thank you all. I do this once a week to every 2 weeks as needed. I just rinsed and co washed my hair and I actually did a little happy dance when I felt my scalp! Having a good hair day can really give you a boost. Off to two strand twist!

AllAboutMoi

Garlic definitely stopped my excessive shedding after one use. I put it in the blender with EVOO and honey. Next time I will try coconut oil.

MangaManiac

This sounds amazing! I usually do tea/coffee rinses to combat my shedding, but I think I'm going to try this...hmmmm...maybe I'll add this to my tea rinse???????

Krymsonkween

I am tryin it right now. I modified mine just a bit.
1 jar coconut oil
5 cloves of garlic
Mixture of EO

I put the whole jar of coconut oil in a bowl with the garlic and eo and put in the microwave until melted and let it sit for 5 min. mashed the cloves of garlic and placed 5 more in and let sit for another 5 min. I then poured everything in the jar and oiled my scalp and hair I also left the garliz cloves in the bottom of the jar. I put a plastic cap on and sat under the dryer for 10min low heat then wore the plastic cap for another 20min.

I am gonna try this for 2 weeks and post my results right now my hair is very soft and shiney. I shampooed with Dove Heat Care and used Doved Heat Care Condish. Spray with Infusium23 leave in and Dove heat protectant spray. Flat Ironed and I have so much bounce. My hair does not smell like garlic I added cinnimon and orange eo to my mixture.

I hated to just make a little.

Ms_Twana

I am tryin it right now. I modified mine just a bit.
1 jar coconut oil
5 cloves of garlic
Mixture of EO

I put the whole jar of coconut oil in a bowl with the garlic and eo and put in the microwave until melted and let it sit for 5 min. mashed the cloves of garlic and placed 5 more in and let sit for another 5 min. I then poured everything in the jar and oiled my scalp and hair I also left the garliz cloves in the bottom of the jar. I put a plastic cap on and sat under the dryer for 10min low heat then wore the plastic cap for another 20min.

I am gonna try this for 2 weeks and post my results right now my hair is very soft and shiney. I shampooed with Dove Heat Care and used Doved Heat Care Condish. Spray with Infusium23 leave in and Dove heat protectant spray. Flat Ironed and I have so much bounce. My hair does not smell like garlic I added cinnimon and orange eo to my mixture.

I hated to just make a little.

Thanks for the review. Were you having problems with shedding, or did you just want to try it?

Krymsonkween

I was having problems with shedding. I know I am suppose to shed but anything helps cause I felt like I was shedding like a cat but every1 reasurred me it was normal. I now I am dramatic!

Ms_Twana

I was having problems with shedding. I know I am suppose to shed but anything helps cause I felt like I was shedding like a cat but every1 reasurred me it was normal. I now I am dramatic!

Girl, I felt the same way. I started a thread and ladies had to baby me and tell me it was okay for me to get it. :lachen:

CoCoGirl821

This sounds good. I shed like a dog and it drives me crazy :wallbash:! Plus my hair genetically is prone to breakage, so I definitely will be trying this recipe this weekend. Where would I find coconut oil though?

Krymsonkween

Another update. I did another treatment 2day and my hair is not coming out like it was before. Before wen I would wash my hair and rub my condish on my hair I would have hair in my hands. After the first treament I had a little but not like I did. This is the second time. I had no hair in my hands. Durning the week my hair would be all over my clothes when I would comb my hair i would have hair all over the floor and sink and my back and shoulders.

Now I may have 10 shedded hairs and when I run my fingers through my hair I don't get hair all in my hands.

I left my jar in the cabinet with garlic in the botom of the jar and my hair does not smell like garlic. Op thank u so much. Here is wat I did:

Garlic cloves 5-10
Jar coconut oil place in microwave for 30 sec 2x or til melted
add eo (rosemary, peppermint, tea tree, orange, cinnimon and lavendar)
Let sit for 10min
part my hair with end of the brush u use to put a relaxer in and put the mixture in the parts with my fingers. put some in my hair and rub over my head. Let sit for 10min with plastic cap then sit under a dryer for 20min.
Wash and condish as usual and go. I am so in love. sorry so long!:lick:

Ms_Twana

Any updates ladies. Has anyone else tried this. I got my ingredients tonight. I want to wash my hair soooo bad. I think I may.

Ms_Twana

I tried this recipe tonight. I used 1 tsp of mince garlic, about 4 tsp of coconut oil, and 7 drops of peppermint EO. I melted in the microwave for 20 sec. I put it in my applicator bottle and applied to my scalp. I made several parts (as you would when you grease your scalp). I then applied the mixture to my hair. I put on a plastic cap and let it on for about 30 minutes.

I saw a SIGNIFICANT difference in the amount of hair in my comb. I used to have about a golf ball size amount of hair. Tonight, I had about a quarter sized amount of hair. :yep: Thanks OP!!!

I'm sitting under my heating cap now. I'll finish off with a ACV rinse (1st time doing that too), and we'll see how my hair comes out. :grin:

taytay86

Since I can't afford Alter Ego at this time:perplexed I decided to take it to the kitchen and see what I could concoct. This recipie will stop shedding in its tracks. I have used it for 2 weeks now and my shedding has come to a screeching halt. If you want a boost in hair growth or to stop shedding and breaking. Try the following recipie. IT WORKS!

In a small cup combine:

*1 chopped clove of garlic
*3 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil
*5-7 drops of a stimulating essential oil of your choice (I use rosemary)

Put this mixture in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.

Let sit for 5-10 minutes, use a spoon to squeeze the essential oil from the garlic, then apply to scalp. (If you are pre-pooing you may apply to entire head)

Co-Wash or shampoo as normal. Don't worry...The garlic smell does not last:grin:

How is this supposed to "stop shedding in its tracks" when shedding is a natural part of the hair cycle? Or are you referring to excessive shedding?

MRJ1972

Thanks for the recipe..I was suppose to visit a dominican salon for a garlic treatment but I now I can do this myself!!!