Do sew-ins make your hair grow or fall out?

Do sew-ins make your hair grow or fall out?

• Makes my hair grow

Votes: 101 74.3%
  • Makes my hair fall out or break off

Votes: 35 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blueberryd

just make sure you wait a few weeks after u get a relaxer to get a sew in...(if ur a relaxed head, that is)

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I'm not a long time weave wearer, but i haven't experienced anything negative from my sew-ins. As long as its not braided too tight and its sewn in properly; there should be no stress on your scalp, and everything will be fine. I retain all my growth in sew ins.

ditto^^^^

i used weaves to transition to texlaxed hair and to grow out relaxer damage. i have had no retention issues.

i deep condition and moisturize weekly and just leave my hair alone. that seems to work wonders for me.

i wear weaves 6 months out of the year.

caramelty

With sew ins I notice that my hair thrives no damage no breakage. I'm in a install now I put it in on the 23 of April and. Leave it in till June 8 so that's 8 weeks. Then I will bun for a week and put my weave back in. I have brazilian weave in and only the perimeter of my hair out. I wet my hair every other day with elastic wo h20 and my hair seems to be doing just fine.

Like other ladies said everything is not for everyone. I have thick strong strands of hair.