• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

Curly, when I first opened my jar I was in love with that beautiful deep green. Its so pretty.

GV: spirulina and chlorella are not the same thing. The spirulina is a different blue-green algae that give some of the same benefits as chlorella. It has been reccomended in some of the literature that LD posted to take both spirulina and chlorella as they compliment each other.

Me personally I will not be reordering the spirulina but I plan to take the chlorella FOREVER.

HTH
I'm only taking chlorella. Some of my green drink mix has a little spirulina in it, but I'm not seeking out extra. I have the chlorella in powder form and plan to take it every day.

CurlyMoo

Can you find this Nettle Tea at a regular grocery store? Yall are gonna break me! This thread is ruining the entire board I barely check the rest of the threads anymore lol! I'm slowly getting back into posting stuff again because this seems to be the only thread I check on a daily basis. lol.

They sell them at health food stores.

Tybi

who here was able to buy their chlorella powder in a store versus going on line? I live in Tampa, a decent sized city, and I went to health food stores including Whole Foods and none had the powder available. I had to break down and buy Vitamin World's brand. I was in a hurry and did not notice that the bottle said nothing about CGF or cracked cell wall:sad:.

anyway the Earthrise Yaeyama brand was good. I did not expereince any detox symptoms, but did not expect to since I never took over 3g. The pills are small, and I actually chewed mine, they were not too bad-no fishy taste just a "grassy" taste. My nails are white and I feel like my energy is up. I went out Superbowl Sunday, had a few drinks, and was up for work at 4 am the next day. I had so much energy that I did not feel the least bit tired and was even in a good mood! This is unheard of for me, being the resident grump, I know its the chlorella. I expect to see more results after upping my dose to 6g, and I will let you ladies know how the Vitamin World brand holds up.

Whimsy

who here was able to buy their chlorella powder in a store versus going on line? I live in Tampa, a decent sized city, and I went to health food stores including Whole Foods and none had the powder available. I had to break down and buy Vitamin World's brand. I was in a hurry and did not notice that the bottle said nothing about CGF or cracked cell wall:sad:.

anyway the Earthrise Yaeyama brand was good. I did not expereince any detox symptoms, but did not expect to since I never took over 3g. The pills are small, and I actually chewed mine, they were not too bad-no fishy taste just a "grassy" taste. My nails are white and I feel like my energy is up. I went out Superbowl Sunday, had a few drinks, and was up for work at 4 am the next day. I had so much energy that I did not feel the least bit tired and was even in a good mood! This is unheard of for me, being the resident grump, I know its the chlorella. I expect to see more results after upping my dose to 6g, and I will let you ladies know how the Vitamin World brand holds up.

That's the brand I have. I'm not mad at it

TdotGirl

Right now I have an empty stomach and I am really hungry do you still recommend I take the mix first?

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier. What did you end up doing? For me, I would take the mix first.

Disregard my previous question. You seem like you know what works for you.

I'm nearly 3 weeks deep into this! :grin:

I'm feeling better. I had to take some pepto bismol earlier to ease my stomach.

CurliDiva

Wow, I can't believe I'm just finding this thread!

Ok...I'm starting to read all 100+ pages, but would anyone like to give me the condensed version about what I need to know, do, and brands to buy!

Right now, I think my vitamin mix is just that a MIX of things I “think” may help, but I have no way of knowing if they are working. :rolleyes:

TIA, Curli

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

2 weeks now and I was having headaches at first but I'm fine now.. I was thinking baout adding a 3rd pill tomorrow
If you're only at 600 mg, you're not even at one gram yet. 3 pills at 300 mg a piece you're almost at a gram. If you're fine, go ahead and take two more (or one if you're nervous:grin:) That will at least put you at 1200 mgrams which is only a little above 1 gram. 1000 mg =1 gram. You definitely want to start going up if you're not having any problems. Headache is just a part of detoxing and that's gone now, so go ahead and move on up.

gn1g

I've been taking spirulina off and on since 2001. It helps me to loose weight and increase energy. taking S & C I can jog for miles and still have plenty of energy! Take both and your workouts will ROCK!

CurlyMoo

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier. What did you end up doing? For me, I would take the mix first.

I'm nearly 3 weeks deep into this! :grin:

I'm feeling better. I had to take some pepto bismol earlier to ease my stomach.

I took the mix before I ate and a few hours after. Thank you for your help.

Kimbosheart

I've been taking spirulina off and on since 2001. It helps me to loose weight and increase energy. taking S & C I can jog for miles and still have plenty of energy! Take both and your workouts will ROCK!

You ain't never lie. I feel like doing my workout again. That's rare, Im usually too lazy to do more than the minimum 30 minutes

spinspinshuga

I've been taking 3 teaspoons (9 grams) for the past two days, and so far, no real detox symptoms! I had a slight headache yesterday, but that quickly dissipated, and since I get regular headaches I don't know if it was the chlorella or just me. I always have one or two BMs a day (sorry for the TMI,) and that hasn't changed either. Should I increase the dosage, or am I just not going to have detox symptoms?

Today I just took it with a large glass of water rather than the apple sauce. I think that's best for me, since the taste doesn't bother me. (I tried putting it in my mouth dry, put too much in there, and ended up choking, thus spraying chlorella all over my kitchen...I'll stick with the water!)

My energy is higher than usual, and I was somewhat less hungry today. I tend to be ravenous, but even after an hour of cardio I wasn't starving!

luckiestdestiny

I've been taking 3 teaspoons (9 grams) for the past two days, and so far, no real detox symptoms! I had a slight headache yesterday, but that quickly dissipated, and since I get regular headaches I don't know if it was the chlorella or just me. I always have one or two BMs a day (sorry for the TMI,) and that hasn't changed either. Should I increase the dosage, or am I just not going to have detox symptoms?

Today I just took it with a large glass of water rather than the apple sauce. I think that's best for me, since the taste doesn't bother me. (I tried putting it in my mouth dry, put too much in there, and ended up choking, thus spraying chlorella all over my kitchen...I'll stick with the water!)

My energy is higher than usual, and I was somewhat less hungry today. I tend to be ravenous, but even after an hour of cardio I wasn't starving!

Glad you're not having any detox symptoms but I'd stay where you are for at least a week just to make sure as you're starting on the higher end.

IndianAngel22

are you takeing it for more than hair growth? 9 grams is a lot lol

mariofmagdal

Is anyone else's apetite totally gone? I have no cravings whatsoever and almost forget to eat... is this normal? I don't want to lose any weight.

I noticed this as well. I could not complete my last meal, I felt full very quickly. I think I want to eat but I am not hungry......:rolleyes:

I do want to lose a few pounds, but I was thinking more of toning.

yodie

This stuff really kills my appetite. No complaints over here.

I drank my shake this morning around 7am and then I ate around 1 pm. I know my body needs food, but chlorella makes me consistently feel full.

My mom just got into town tonight and she brought a suitcase load of my favorite goodies from home (pizza, shrimp, chinese). Man, yall I had no appetite. I bit off of some and just put the plate away. Normally I'd eat it all just because its there. I love chlorella for this benefit alone.

Took 7-8 g's today.

luckiestdestiny

I noticed this as well. I could not complete my last meal, I felt full very quickly. I think I want to eat but I am not hungry......:rolleyes:

I do want to lose a few pounds, but I was thinking more of toning.
:drunk: Me too! I like that my cravings are gone bye bye. I didn't expect this. First I had tinier cravings, then this week they're all but gone. So I eat because it's time to eat, not because I'm hungry.

I guess the article is right that it gives you so many nutrients. The reason we're hungry is that our body doesn't necessarily need more food, it needs more nutrients. So when we eat bad foods with little nutritional value, or not enough of foods w/ nutritional value, we still crave more. This food is so complete that it takes away the cravings. Yes of course I'll eat! I'll just eat because it's time, but at least I'm not hungry anymore. I was running around yesterday and only ate once. I didn't realize it until today and I still wasn't hungry, but I made sure I ate each meal because I don't want to skip meals, I just want to eat small portions of nutritious meals and not crave sweets and breads.

luckiestdestiny

This stuff really kills my appetite. No complaints over here.

I drank my shake this morning around 7am and then I ate around 1 pm. I know my body needs food, but chlorella makes me consistently feel full.

My mom just got into town tonight and she brought a suitcase load of my favorite goodies from home (pizza, shrimp, chinese). Man, yall I had no appetite. I bit off of some and just put the plate away. Normally I'd eat it all just because its there. I love chlorella for this benefit alone.

Took 7-8 g's today.

I know I already commented on this but I am so psyched about it! Who knew that I'd have something regulate my appetite. Like you said I take bites and just put it away. It's INCREDIBLE. I KNOW chlorella will be a staple of mine for too many reasons.

luckiestdestiny

Is it just me or is the taste growing on you all as well? It's been 3 weeks. At first the first week it wasn't great. Then it was okay, now (week 3) it's actually pleasant to taste. I can just down it with water. ...Maybe I'm crazy? It's not that I love it. It's just that I can tolerate it really well. It's just like eating a salad w/o dressing. It's just there.

Last edited:

CurlyMoo

Is it just me or is the taste growing on you all as well? It's been 3 weeks. At first the first week it wasn't great. Then it was okay, now (week 3) it's actually pleasant to taste. I can just down it with water. ...Maybe I'm crazy? It's not that I love it. It's just that I can tolerate it really well. It's just like eating a salad w/o dressing. It's just there.

The taste doesn't bother me at all. The smell right before I drink it is kind of funky but I will have not problems with it. I just want to get past the side effects already. Earlier when I first took it I felt a slightly sharp warmth in my left side along the front then it travel down to my abdomen. I guess my colon is trying to make sense of what's traveling through it.

Jaxhair

You wouldn't believe it!

I was in town running some errands yesterday and well, as usual, when I'm in town and not working, I go into this organic store, Planet Organic for a treat. Was actually looking for a hair conditioner as I can't find AO anywhere - even online, sigh. Anyway, they had chlorella tabs reduced and shine a light, my impulsiveness got the better of me - I bought a jar! I'm juice and water fasting at the moment, so I treated myself to a shot of wheatgrass too - soooo good! And these chlorella tabs - I love them! I had 2 tabs - eating them like sweets, thanks to fellow fasters - what a treat, lol. I bought the Life Stream brand.

Now, I'm only taking a tablet here and there, not the recommended dose, as i'm also taking other stuff to detox and I don't want to overdo anything. These tabs tide me over when I get a craving for something to eat - I love the slightly fishy/nutty flavour of them. I sat there last night and ate them and felt sooo good! I think I'll only ever get the tablets in future - I like them, lol!

Hope all are well and keeping healthy - bright blessings peeps!

Man, this fasting stuff does make one spiritual! i feel so at peace with the worls and feel so much love for all creatures. It's such a wonderful feeling, lol!

GinnyP

I don't know but my stress spot in my neck started hurting like I injured it. I would have thought it was an injury but I haven't worked out with weights upper body in 2 weeks...its going away now but goodness. I wonder if that some healing going on up there. That thing was killing me.. It feels much better today.

It flairs up when I get stressed out, I haven't been really that stressed lately :scratchch

ETA: I have been totally cleaned out (not in a bad or painful way) I mean but woo wee! I lost 2 lbs just from that alone. No kidding!!!
Atlanta JJ which chlorella are you taking and how much? thanks J