what conditioner works best for conditioner washes

I've only been a member for a short time, but I have tried he conditioner wash a couple of times and had good results with Suave Professionals Humectant, which is a knock-off of Nexxus Humectress. It seems to me hat a clarifying conditioner might defeat the purpose of avoiding 'poo and moisturizing the hair.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I tried clarfying conditioner (VO5) about 1 1/2 years ago when I found out about the curly girl routine, but it left my hair dry, so I use ACV to clarify.

I use some of the VO5 conditioners (Apple, peach, tangerine, strawberry, freesia,and several of the Natural Oasis), White Rain Pearberry and Passion Flower and Suave Chamomile, Aloe or Milk & honey.

I don't care for the VO5 Hydrators or the Suave Humectant or Suave Coconut.

I never use shampoo unless I am neutralizing after a texturizer retouch.

Ayeshia

Well if I want major curl definition I use Pantene R&N

But for the best I would say a split between the VO5 conditioners (strawberry or peach) and Garnier Fructis 3 min Masque (Im in awe with the smell
)

kytrona

Has anyone used the Dove conditioner for a CW? What were the results? I love the shampoo, but I'm not sure how the conditioner would work. I'm trying to use up products before buying new ones, so when my Suave Humectant is finished, I'll try the dove, and I'll let you know how it goes. Oh btw, the suave humectant made my hair kinda hard.

sylviaetc

thanx ladies... it never occured to me to use garnier 3min. for cw's.
i'm going to start doing them next week. i was wondering, what do you all do about build up? another site reccomended dr. brandt's castile soap. has anyone tried this?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
kytrona said:
Has anyone used the Dove conditioner for a CW? What were the results? I love the shampoo, but I'm not sure how the conditioner would work. I'm trying to use up products before buying new ones, so when my Suave Humectant is finished, I'll try the dove, and I'll let you know how it goes. Oh btw, the suave humectant made my hair kinda hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love to use the Dove intense moisturizing co for my co washes. It leaves my hair so so very soft and moisturized.

joyous

I use VO5 Blueberries & Cream, Strawberries & Cream, Pina Colada. I've tried the VO5 clarifying conditioner, Lime n Kiwi, I didn't find it drying at all.

Pookie25

I use about 4 differant kinds of suave conditioners. I use to have VO5 conditioners but I discovered it makes my scalp itch for some reason so I stopped.

Donda

Re: what conditioner works best for conditioner wa

Try Cream of Nature shampoo(yep shampoo), it will actually give a conditioner wash result if you use cool to luke warm water to rinse it out
After using it I normally don't need to use a conditioner, although I do from time to time.

kytrona

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I love to use the Dove intense moisturizing co for my co washes. It leaves my hair so so very soft and moisturized

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for letting me know

Beloved

My scalp hates conditioner, but it did perfectly fine with Lustrasilk's Tea Tree Cholesterol conditioner. Also, it has no mineral oil. It did nothing to actually "condition" my hair, just clean.

Mikeygurl810

I like...
-V05 Strawberries n' Cream
-Suave Milk n' Honey
-some type of Thermasilk conditioner that's been sitting under the sink forever that I finally used
-Pantene R&N conditioner

UmSumayyah

I just finished a bottle of Dove that I used for conditioner washes. VERY pleased with the results. I will be trying Suave next.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
[ QUOTE ]
Mikeygurl810 said:
I like...
-V05 Strawberries n' Cream
-Suave Milk n' Honey
-some type of Thermasilk conditioner that's been sitting under the sink forever that I finally used
-Pantene R&N conditioner

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Me also. I love the way the Suave Milk and Honey conditioner smells. I've used it a week ago, and the fragrance stays in my hair when I was walking downtown. It goes with ya, doesn't it?

Suave Milk and Honey
Tropical Coconut
Ocean Breeze
VO5 Cucumber and Melon
Strawberries and Cream
Lime and Kiwi (doesn't dry out my hair)
Creamy Fresh Peach
Aussie 3 Min. Miracle
Pantene S&amp;S for my conditioner wash </font>

nmfsc

I like products that state they can be used daily, they are usually not heavy and leave the hair soft and moisturized. I have had excellent results with the Herbal Essence line, particularly the Fruit Fusions hydration and Intensive Blends for dry hair. I like the Intense Balm as well, but don't use it daily. Neutrogena's Triple Moisture is good for daily condit wash as well as the Clean Replenishing condit (pink one).

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
[ QUOTE ]
nmfsc said:
I like products that state they can be used daily, they are usually not heavy and leave the hair soft and moisturized. I have had excellent results with the Herbal Essence line, particularly the Fruit Fusions hydration and Intensive Blends for dry hair. I like the Intense Balm as well, but don't use it daily. Neutrogena's Triple Moisture is good for daily condit wash as well as the Clean Replenishing condit (pink one).

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">I agree with you. I love Herbal Essences' Intensive Blends Conditioning Balm as a deep conditioner on a weekly basis. The Fruit Fusions formula for dry/damaged hair is ok, but I don't use it that often anymore. Next time, it's going to be the conditioner for Permed/Color Treated Hair. I love the way the HE line smells after using. Toodles </font>