my last relaxer was in september 03...

sylviaetc

do i dare wait any longer? right now i have about 4in new growth, but i really don't want to relax my hair so close to the summer monthes because i hate wearing that plastered hair look during the hotter weather. i usually do the braidout thing (which i'm doing right now)
my question is, can i hold off till september; and what can i do to protect my hair from breakage if i do decide to wait?
thanx ladies...

J

JenniferMD

I think you can hold out until September. Just be very careful with your two textures, be gentle at all times and don't comb your hair too much. You may want to stick with buns or updos. I find it pretty hair to wear my hair out and it look good all day. And make sure you keep your ends moisturized.

Lindy

If I were you, I'd relax now. Summer is the best time to have a fresh relaxer because of the heat & humidity.
In the summertime, your new growth might seem twice as unmanageable as it seems in the colder months (I know mine does!!
) And if you do it now, by June you won't have the "plastered hair" look any more!!