THE STUIPDEST THING YOU'VE DONE TO YOUR HAIR?

dannie

THE STUIPDEST THING YOU\'VE DONE TO YOUR HAIR?

Ok ladies, be honest, whats the stuipdest thing you've done to your hair?

Mine had to be the time I was in a hurry and didn't blow dry my hair good enough. Some parts were still damp and I ended up burning out a big plug of hair with the pressing comb. My hair popped and sizzled , I pulled the comb out and next thing I know hair was flying everywhere and stuck to the walls!

alliyah4eva203

Re: THE STUIPDEST THING YOU\'VE DONE TO YOUR HAIR?

i washed my hair the day before a retouch and got major scalp burns. my scalp was soar after wards.

Tami

Miss Bubblegum

running a pressing comb through my relaxed hsir!!

Patrice

I went to the hair dresser when my hair was damaged and let her cut my hair almost bald thinking it was gonna grow back faster and healthier big mistake

4a/b grazing shoulder length

camere

leaving a relaxer in for more forty mins and not deep conditioning my hair ooooh also putting peroxide on my entire hair.

patticake

using suave clairfying shampoo 24/7. not knowing the meaning of a leave-in conditioner. flatironing my damp hair. hot curling my hair everyday. and using the revo styler.

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
patticake said:
flatironing my damp hair

[/ QUOTE ]

camere

ooh also using a no lye relxer that broke my hair off so badly

dannie

[ QUOTE ]
patticake said:
using suave clairfying shampoo 24/7. not knowing the meaning of a leave-in conditioner. flatironing my damp hair. hot curling my hair everyday. and using the revo styler.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF was I thinking buying a revo!! Letting a brush, rotate thru your hair and rip it off and tear apart your cuticle is a great idea! Thanks Revo Styler!

lillian743

Puting real bleach on my hair.. (dont ask)
And Dyeing my hair 5-6 times in one day, then I used a relaxer in the same week.
Puting lemon on my hair and hot combing it when it was still wet..

divacurl2004

color my hair 3 times with semi permant color in a time spand of 5 day...

divacurl2004

also using a pressing comb on my hair without making sure it wasn't too hot... i burned off a tiny bit of my hair thank god it wasn't noticable...

pookeylou

I never did this!!!!

But I went to school with a girl...who we will call "Lena". Her hair was only 2 or 3 inches long. She would get her hair relaxed. Then the following days she would hot comb it. Her hair broke off horribly. But the saddest thing about her hair...it was melted stiff. She would put Ultra Sheen grease on it in order to try and smooth it around a roller...and her hair wouldn't even bend around the roller.

No matter what we would tell her...she could not understand she was melting her hair. Her hair constantly smelled like it was burned.

dannie

OMG. Her hair was melted stiff! All I can say is lets pray she finds LHCF!

pookeylou

I hope she finds SOME hair forum...and that she still has hair.

CheerBear

Using the curling irons on my hair while it was still damp the same day I relaxed AND colored...AT HOME!

webby

Think Slim

1. Let a white woman in Pittsburgh convince me that she knew how to do a roller set.

2. Let a woman put a relaxer in my hair, thinking that because she was Dominican, she was the bomb. WRONG!

dannie

I think a stuipd thing that we are all guilty of, or have been at one point is this.....

Letting stylist jack up our hair while we say nothing!
How many times have you thought "I know she isn't gonna use THAT comb.... Please don't put that in my hair.......If you don't put them scissors DOWN ALREADY!"

Carlie

This is embarrassing
...but when I was in highschool, I was running late and rushing to get out the house one day...and I accidentally grabbed a can a lysol, thinking it was the hairspray and sprayed it all over my head. Needless to say, I didn't make it to class that morning.

webby

Think Slim

[ QUOTE ]
dannie_19 said:
Letting stylist jack up our hair while we say nothing!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL...After my two experiences, you better believe my mouth is open quickly and loudly

Carlie

My scalp started burning really bad and I ended up having to wash my hair that morning in order to get it all out. At first, I tried just running water through my hair to get it out, but it still smelled strong with lysol...had to use some shampoo to get it all out. But I learned my lesson about rushing! Now I take my time...
I may be late, but at least, I'll look good?

webby

Think Slim

With the white woman, I asked her about a roller set, informed her that I would need to be under the dryer for at least 4 hours (My hair was about 30 back then). She talked about me like a dog while I was under the dryer, so I just abruplty stopped it and told her to take the rollers out. I was threw. She didn't pull the clips out of one of the rollers and my hair was still pretty damp...when she pulled, my hair was still attached and all I heard was snap, crackle, pop. She left me with 30 inches of length and an alphalpha sprout on my crown. So, I started cutting the hair to get it even.

I moved from Pittsburgh to central PA and found a Dominican salon. The owner actually lives very close to me. I let her put in a relaxer that I suspected was too strong. I have a lot of hair, but it's fine. When she was rinsing out the nuetralizer, I had a really bad feeling that my hair was damaged. This lady was pulling the comb through my hair like she was digging for gold. Then after the pulled out my rollers she wrapped my hair round-and-round a filthy brush. She finished the snapping process that the white woman started.

I never had fly aways until that *****. I ended up cutting all of my hair off and I'm proud to say that I left both salons without incident, but that's it for me. I speak up now...no, I do my own hair now
Only go to NYC to get my touch ups.

dannie

See, what I mean? The wrong stylist can really F%&* you up!
I once had bangs that were literally 1 inch long. My mom wanted to kick the ladies "behind" because I was 12. I've been scared to get bangs ever since.

webby

Think Slim

Yes. One mistake and we're scared for life!

Casarela

I did that and it was one of the best thing I ever did for my hair, because hair always grow and it was a good way to start growing healthy hair.

[ QUOTE ]
Patrice said:
I went to the hair dresser when my hair was damaged and let her cut my hair almost bald thinking it was gonna grow back faster and healthier big mistake

4a/b grazing shoulder length

[/ QUOTE ]

dannie

The worst product ever: 3 words... PINK..MOISTURIZING...LOTION! Ewwww!!!

NYCchild

I used to color my hair twice a month, relax every 4 weeks(put on color as soon as i rinsed out tha relaxer
when i realized how damaged it was i put in a weave to cover it up and ignored my hair.

When i joined this board i took out the weave and started to look after my hair - now i only have 3 inches of the 16 inches of orange and red crap i started out with - thanks LHCF

lillian743

My old stylist used to keep me under the dryer for 2 hours, and after that my head would be so hot that I swear I could fry an egg on my scalp.. I hated getting my hair washed there because she would "message" my head so hard that the back of my shirt and my pants would be very wet. After she was done my whole body would be red and sore.. All that pain just to have to same hair style everytime.

dannie

O.k I know something thats stuipd that other people do. Comb out their broken hairline, slap some prostyle on it, and have the nerve to call it "baby hair". I hate seeing 35 year olds with "baby hair". Once you hit 18, ain't nothing babyish about you.