Elasta QP Mango Butter - What's going on!?!?

Laginappe

Elasta QP Mango Butter - What\'s going on!?!?

Ok! Somethings up. I've been to no less than FIVE BSS's over the past week looking for Mango Butter and EVERYONE is out. I'm scared...they can't be discontinuing my beloved Mango Butter can they? Please someone tell me this isn't so!!!

DahomeyAmazon

Re: Elasta QP Mango Butter - What\'s going on!?!?

I just bought some in Inglewood on market past manchester closer to the post office. The beauty supply store is in between a snack shop and a salon, they had about 10 containers easter weekend. Sorry, I can't remeber the name of the store.

soulchild

The only BSS that I've seen Elasta products seemed to have every product except the Mango Butter.

Irresistible

lawd i hope they arent discontinuing it...how can you find out if they are....now im thinkin go stock up? dang i hope they arent

model_chick717

I've seen a lot in just regular grocery stores or drug stores, i.e. Walgreens, CVS....

Laginappe

*Sniff* Ok. I'll keep checking around. I was just kind of freaking out there for a sec. I checked Elasta's site and the mango butter is still listed there. In the meantime I have some other options, but I've been out of mango butter for almost two weeks now!

peacelove

Wow, I just put some in my hair and it feels wonderful! I would try walgreens and CVS. Good luck!

epicura

Walmart is the only place I can find it, but it has to be one in a predominatly black community at that!
You can always stock up and order it online, maybe get some other stuff so you can take full advantage of shipping charges!
Good luck! I know I feel lost when I don't have any!

sengschick

The Bun Master

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
The only BSS that I've seen Elasta products seemed to have every product except the Mango Butter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed that too!!! I have to make a seperate trip to Walgreen's for it! Not that I mind that much, it's only a few streets away
and way closer than the BSS!

Lecaste

Oh no!
Course that's just my luck! Everytime I find a product that I like...

I bought a case (yeah I said it!
) of Mango Butter last year and I'm down to my last five jars. I was just thinking that I needed to go stock up again. Now I know that I'd better get cracking.

Lecaste

OMG! I just checked and I'm down to 2 plus the one that's already open. I think I have to make a BSS run!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

Hey everyone!
Ive heard a lot of people use this product (Elasta QP Mango Butter ) What is so good about it? What does it do to your hair? How do you use it on your hair? I would like to know because I'm thinking about getting this product...

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!

It's under $5 I think... and ladies, I have to admit I can't find it either these days. I went to 3 Sally's and 2 Wal-marts. Nada! I'm going to have to visit some of the smaller BSS around the way. Good luck finding it!

mermaid

I went to an Asian BSS about 2 weeks ago and they were stocking it while I was standing there.
I bet it's all the LHCF ladies grabbing it all up!

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
Lecaste said:
Oh no!

) of Mango Butter last year and I'm down to my last five jars. I was just thinking that I needed to go stock up again. Now I know that I'd better get cracking.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much did the case cost you?

Lindy

I think this stuff has always been hard to find (in my area, at least...
) I ordered mine from some website, then I think I found it at a store somewhere, but now I can't remember where!!

I'm not feenin for it anyway, though!!
I'm lovin my Profectiv Break-Free these days.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate

For me the Mango Butter has been a bit hard to get. The only place I found it at a reasonable price was Walgreens. One BSS sell it for about 7 dollars.

oglorious1

Mixologist

This place is becoming addictive for me, I think I better slow down, after reading various posts and threads on this, I went and bought some Mango Butter(like I really need it anyway
), I went to the BSS and they had like a "ton" of it and only paid $5.40 with the tax included, the stuff smells scrumptious. I guess I'll use it after I use my Motions CPR and Elasta Anti Breakage Serum. Am I in the beginning stages of becoming a hair product junkie or what?

Lecaste

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Lecaste said:
Oh no!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

About $100 for 24 jars but worth every penny. I got tired of searching for it, finally found some at Walgreens and loved it. Then I noticed that there was always only 3 jars every now and then when I went in (and, of course I always bought all three!). I asked why and was told that it was because they didn't sell much of it and didn't want to buy a lot only to have it sitting there forever. So I politely requested that they order me a case. It was there in a week and no shipping charges!

I bought it last May. My friends caught wind of my stash and hit me up for about four jars.
I whip some castor oil into the jar and use it on my ends every other day. I also use a small "glob" of it after every wash. And use it on my new growth when it's getting close to perm time (I go about 12 weeks between relaxers). Works great on my hair!

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
Lecaste said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Lecaste said:
Oh no!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

About $100 for 24 jars but worth every penny. I got tired of searching for it, finally found some at Walgreens and loved it. Then I noticed that there was always only 3 jars every now and then when I went in (and, of course I always bought all three!). I asked why and was told that it was because they didn't sell much of it and didn't want to buy a lot only to have it sitting there forever. So I politely requested that they order me a case. It was there in a week and no shipping charges!

I bought it last May. My friends caught wind of my stash and hit me up for about four jars.
I whip some castor oil into the jar and use it on my ends every other day. I also use a small "glob" of it after every wash. And use it on my new growth when it's getting close to perm time (I go about 12 weeks between relaxers). Works great on my hair!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a great price...youre saving about 60 bucks. I may consider this when I go back to school

lsubabiedee

i think maybe a lot of stores dont have it is b/c i heard that they shelf life isnt very long for the mango butter...

Lecaste

Shelf life's been great for me. I keep it in a hall closet (relatively cool, dark) and I haven't had any problems with any of the jars and they are now a year old!

inthepink

I just ordered a jar from walgreens.com. Hopefully, I won't hear that they are out of stock. I can never find this product in my area...never!