THE STUIPDEST THING YOU'VE DONE TO YOUR HAIR?

lisatamika

Re: THE STUIPDEST THING YOU\'VE DONE TO YOUR HAIR?

[ QUOTE ]
dannie_19 said:
O.k I know something thats stuipd that other people do. Comb out their broken hairline, slap some prostyle on it, and have the nerve to call it "baby hair". I hate seeing 35 year olds with "baby hair". Once you hit 18, ain't nothing babyish about you.

[/ QUOTE ]

chocolate01

thought conditioner was pointless
went two weeks or more without washing my hair (nasty i know i have no idea what i was thinking)

greAtness333

When I was in h.s. (before I truly knew how to take care of my hair) I washed my hair and hot curled it every day- in the winter at that! What was I thinking?! My stylist yelled at me and reminded me I wasn't white
. I ended up having to cut my hair to even the breakage in the middle.

webby

Think Slim

[ QUOTE ]
dannie_19 said:
O.k I know something thats stuipd that other people do. Comb out their broken hairline, slap some prostyle on it, and have the nerve to call it "baby hair". I hate seeing 35 year olds with "baby hair". Once you hit 18, ain't nothing babyish about you.

[/ QUOTE ]

And let's tell the truth...baby hair doesn't require two tons of lard to keep down.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong

<font color="purple">This is gonna sound funny to a lot of people. I was learning how to put individual braids on both sides by my ears. After I've braided them, I was going to seal the ends. So I've ended up burning the ends on the stove. Both my brother and my mom smelled something weird, like melting plastic. Then all of a sudden, my extension was like, burning real fast. I screamed throughout the house that night to put it out. Luckily, I managed to put the fire out after my mom freaked out. If you think Micheal Jackson's hair was caught on fire, I wouldn't want to re-enact that same incident again. </font>

aameera83

when i was practicing braiding extensions and then for some reason forgot my hair was in the braid and cut it like 1 inch from my head to get the braid out.And also cutting myself some 1 inch bangs to be like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys. It never occured to me she was white and would'nt have to straighten it and roll it.

thatscuteright

Letting a braider yank about 3-4 inches off my head in order to braid my hair.

queenofmean68

1. Getting crochet braids. '99

2. Putting blondish streaks in my hair. '03

I have a tie, because both times I had to cut MAJOR amounts of hair due to all of the damage.

aameera83

oh yeah and please don't let me forget putting the african pride highlight kit in my hair

inthepink

*letting a stylist cut my into a style that i didn't want
*going to a stylist that didn't have enough of a reputation to do my relaxer
*brushing my hair when it was bone dry.

flyjump00

Relaxed it and chopped it off and colored it 1st year of college 10 years ago. It use to be so natural and beautiful and long. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

(Trying to be like my friends)

spanishteardrops

Always follow your heart

[ QUOTE ]
patticake said:
flatironing my damp hair. hot curling my hair everyday. and using the revo styler.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to do the same exact thing
That revo went straight into the trash

Lorraine

1.When I moved to DC and didn't know where to go I let a stylist named Cookie at Landover Mall of all places color my hair jet black.It turned out jet BLUE and she left color all over my WHITE shirt and forehead then told me she had NO color remover!

2. In college, I colored my hair every two weeks with a semi-permanent

3. Wearing glued-in tracks for two years and in a hurry pulling them out as well as my own hair

4.Crimping my hair EVERYDAY because I thought I was cute!

imrosie

i got this weave where the lady interlocked thread to my hair and the sewed the hair into the thread well guess what when it grew out my hair snapped right along the thread about 3/4 inch from my scalp...i thought it would be a good style to help me transition

DigitalRain

1. Sleeping in those huge coil spring rollers EVERY night when I was in high school. Resulted in serious breakage.

2. Letting unqualified people relax my hair. Resulted in serious breakage.

3. Daily and excessive use of a curling iron. Resulted in serious breakage.

Isis

Using a straightening comb on my relaxed hair several times a week! I had a curling iron but thank goodness it shorted out!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

The stupidest thing I have done to my hair was cutting it to mid-neck length
With shoulder length hair about 1/2 year ago, I wished for longer hair and tried to find ways to make it even longer. Then I decided to cut it (like that was gonna solve the problem). I was so
at myself. But now that I found this forum to help me out (i joined this month Apr 2004), I can grow my hair back and even longer.

dannie

Too many un-needed trims. I could have definatly had bra strap hair by now. My logic was I'd rather have think healthy ends than scraggly long hair. But now I realize if my ends aren't split or thin... I dont need to cut them.
Hello!!

Truth

I did my stupidest deed when I was little.. I took the task into my own hands and decided I wanted short hair.. and well mah has neva been right since.. but hey I was only 4..

when I got older.. I decided to curl my hair everday with a curling Iron..yeah can we say hair breakage..

Netta1

The stupidest thing I ever did was get a perm.

sylviaetc

[ QUOTE ]
Netta1 said:
The stupidest thing I ever did was get a perm.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto!!! i had the thickest, longest hair in my family and every day i would beg my mom to let me get a relaxer; but she would always say that my hair came out straight with just a quick blow dry. true. but alas i never listened and finally she gave in and took me to a salon where they relaxed it and cut it from 30ins. to 5ins on top and 10ins. on the bottom; sort of like a black girls "mullet" (yeah, it was that bad)...
life has never been the same

bimbabe

1. Putting straight up bleach on my hair to get that " I have been at the beach all summer" look.

2. When the bleach damaged my 2 inch below shoulders hair I listened to Gia at Chaos salon say "oh my God you hair is so split and damaged I HAAAAAAVE TO TRIM immediately - and walking out with a chinese style bob -bangs and all!"

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

[ QUOTE ]
In response to

Poster: dannie_19
Subject: Re: THE STUIPDEST THING YOU'VE DONE TO YOUR HAIR?

Too many un-needed trims. I could have definatly had bra strap hair by now. My logic was I'd rather have think healthy ends than scraggly long hair. But now I realize if my ends aren't split or thin... I dont need to cut them.
Hello!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, trimming just makes hair shorter. My ends have always been fine and people would always say u need to trim so you wont get split ends or to make your hair grow longer. not true. When hair grows out of your scalp, its dead anyway, why not try to achieve length and then trim your hair just to make it even or the way u want it

Irresistible

sorry ladies that are relaxed....

but the stupidest thing I ever did was relax my hair, lye, no lye, both jacked my hair up for years.

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

The stupidest thing I've ever done to my hair is wash it after taking my braids down without detangling or combing out the dead hair...twice

HoneyDew

this is a good one. i liked reading some of these.

:)

Well, mine was in Nov. 2004. I got a weave for the 1st time and I left it in for 5 months!! :eek:

Yeah, call me crazy.

Well, my hair got matted up and tangled do bad. I was crying. I had to cut it out. I had only 1 -2 inches of hair in some parts and the cut was not an even one so I had rough ends, as a result.

I am finally getting my hair back to its healthy state - almost a year later!