I am a witness, you pay tithes...God takes care of the rest

levette

You know, with the economy and all I will admit that my finances have been shaky. I have been tempted to avoid paying tithes all together and use that money for my bills. In fact, I have been struggling to have enough money to last to the next payday. I am working on trying to get a part-time job. I keep hearing the words from the bible: Prove me now says the Lord of Hosts....that I will pour out a blessing that there will not be enough room to receive it. Malachi 3:10.

So I decided to test it, and I am telling you....it's almost like the money has fallen from the sky each time I have paid my tithe/offerings faithfully.
For the past three months, God has provided me with extra money from unexpected sources just in the nick of time. I am just overwhelmed with His goodness despite my sinful self. I just had to testify to this as a personal testimony of using your faith.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
You know, with the economy and all I will admit that my finances have been shaky. I have been tempted to avoid paying tithes all together and use that money for my bills. In fact, I have been struggling to have enough money to last to the next payday. I am working on trying to get a part-time job. I keep hearing the words from the bible: Prove me now says the Lord of Hosts....that I will pour out a blessing that there will not be enough room to receive it. Malachi 3:10.

So I decided to test it, and I am telling you....it's almost like the money has fallen from the sky each time I have paid my tithe/offerings faithfully.
For the past three months, God has provided me with extra money from unexpected sources just in the nick of time. I am just overwhelmed with His goodness despite my sinful self. I just had to testify to this as a personal testimony of using your faith.

:amen: :happydance:

nathansgirl1908

Amen amen amen!

This is so true. That's why when people say so many bad things about people who are faithful tithers, I just shake my head.

On another note, this is the second time today that scripture about "Prove me now" has come to my attention.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Amen amen amen!

This is so true. That's why when people say so many bad things about people who are faithful tithers, I just shake my head.

On another note, this is the second time today that scripture about "Prove me now" has come to my attention.

I never understood why 'tithers' get such persecution.

levette

Yes, I have a close family member who think tithing is "brainwashed". He thinks that you should take of your needs first. But God has not let me down. I hope my faith will continue to grow.

LifeafterLHCF

I def believe this and have seen this happen recently..I paid and something extremely bad happened at work where I thought I was toast and nothing but God kept my job..I know tithing for me is so about trusting God..I have to keep pushing myself to do it all not part but all as I know it's what is right even though it feels very uncomfy..

brownsugarbaby

I just started tithing. I don't have a steady job but am sure to give what I can. I trust God with my life so I don't mind trusting him with my finances. I will be grateful when I receive my bountiful blessings but for me that is not the point.

My pastor explained it as a farmer reinvests his crops so should we with our faith. If a farmer receives his crops and uses them all the next go round he won't have anything to use. Though if he receives his crops and sets aside a portion of it to grow more he will repeatedly be taken care of.

LongTimeComing

I definitely agree. I was struggling with paying bills. I scraped the change out of the bottom of my purse for offering, because it was all I had. God has blessed me with an extra $2200 in the past 3 weeks.

levette

I definitely agree. I was struggling with paying bills. I scraped the change out of the bottom of my purse for offering, because it was all I had. God has blessed me with an extra $2200 in the past 3 weeks.

Hallelujuah!!!

Prudent1

I def believe this and have seen this happen recently..I paid and something extremely bad happened at work where I thought I was toast and nothing but God kept my job..I know tithing for me is so about trusting God..I have to keep pushing myself to do it all not part but all as I know it's what is right even though it feels very uncomfy..
And that is all there is to be said ladies:yep:. #TRUSTGOD

RS1976

I remember when I got laid off and I was getting unemployment I paid my tithes and I found a job 3 months later and I am still working at the same job 8 years later. I'm having a little bit of financial troubles right now and the other day a family member asked me if i still tithe and i said yes and they told me maybe I shouldn't tithe and put that money towards my bills. I said. "No way!!"

KappaChino

WildFlower
I can remember being out of work and on unemployment and still paying my tithes. I never missed a beat with a bill, obligation, nothing! And I cannot tell you exactly where the resources came from (except that it was the Lord) they were just there when I needed them.

In recent years I have slacked off and not tithed consistently, giving all kinds of excuses as to why I cannot pay the Lord what is due to Him. After all, He grants me the ability to get to a job to make the money. Who am I to rob Him? I made a promise that in 2012 I was going to trust God no matter what and I have been consistent with my tithing and I am struggling financially. But guess what? God is STILL Good!!! Giving is an act of worship, it is not just giving up money like you are paying a bill or obligation. I admit it's not easy and at times I am tempted to keep it to myself but what the Lord is about to bless me with is going to be so much more than the 10% I would keep for myself! I Bless God!!!

mrselle

My second to last semester in college I lived off of $200/month. I had to pay utilities, put gas in my car and eat off of that. I had NO extra money for anything. I can remember going to the grocery store with a calculator and spending $12 and some change for food for the week. In all of that I still paid my tithes. I didn't have money falling out of the sky, but I always had everything I needed.

smwrigh3

Skimped on paying my tithes last week and this is the worst week financially for me...I prayed on it and my job offered me extra hours out of the blue and my parents gave me $20 (That a miracle from my parents) I am so thankful and I wont be missing this week! At all!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I can remember being out of work and on unemployment and still paying my tithes. I never missed a beat with a bill, obligation, nothing! And I cannot tell you exactly where the resources came from (except that it was the Lord) they were just there when I needed them.

In recent years I have slacked off and not tithed consistently, giving all kinds of excuses as to why I cannot pay the Lord what is due to Him. After all, He grants me the ability to get to a job to make the money. Who am I to rob Him? I made a promise that in 2012 I was going to trust God no matter what and I have been consistent with my tithing and I am struggling financially. But guess what? God is STILL Good!!! Giving is an act of worship, it is not just giving up money like you are paying a bill or obligation. I admit it's not easy and at times I am tempted to keep it to myself but what the Lord is about to bless me with is going to be so much more than the 10% I would keep for myself! I Bless God!!!

My second to last semester in college I lived off of $200/month. I had to pay utilities, put gas in my car and eat off of that. I had NO extra money for anything. I can remember going to the grocery store with a calculator and spending $12 and some change for food for the week. In all of that I still paid my tithes. I didn't have money falling out of the sky, but I always had everything I needed.

I make sure to give my 10% and even more because of Bible Study. I am in my second to last semester in school, no job living off unemployment, car note is paid, full coverage insurance, food i my belly and lots more to be grateful for. I give my $100+ each month and dare to think twice about it because I trust that the Lord will take care of me.

DarkHair

The church which hubby and I attend has been a blessing. We see where.our money goes and am glad to tithe. We have been blessed immensely since going there. They make it convenient to tithe. They have online tithing at easytithe.com. So even if we cant make it to church, we can attend and give via the web.