Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

bronzephoenix

Hey, great thread, very fun read! I had my first wearable wng since my hair was like an inch, it's really growing out in an ugly shape. Hopefully it was not a fluke and I can replicate it, if I can I may wng through the winter (and post a pic) :grin: edit: it wasn't a fluke, I like it! :grin:

Your coils are everything!!

ckisland

I am so happy with my past wash n'gos :bdance: !! V05 and Ecostyler is the best combo since the creation of the wide tooth comb :lachen:. I can get 3rd day hair, and I'm so happy :yay:

krissyhair

Is anyone getting afraid or frustrated to wear a wng now that the air is dry and the snow flurries are more frequent?

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
krissyhair I live in Georgia and it's not really that cold yet. I'm still doing wash n goes with no issues. I also don't use sulfates. I mainly cowash. I go to salon once a month and they do use shampoo but it's sulfate free as well.

Joigirl

Is anyone getting afraid or frustrated to wear a wng now that the air is dry and the snow flurries are more frequent?

I did them all last year with no problems. I plan to add a few well moisturized twistouts and updos to my regimen as well this year now that my hair is longer and the ends more prone to damage.

Sholapie

I've completely given up on trying to stretch my wng to achieve more length, it never lasts overnight so I might as well get used to my current length.
pushed back puff wng
09543ffb-3ee5-4cd9-9988-5adc4953e366_zpsf0cfab80.jpg
today's wng
4049a95f-9cdb-46e2-845f-7c283ea963f4_zps6682bc1e.jpg
the back mullet bit...it's not a great pic because my arms aren't long enough but the back does hang lower kinda like a mullet (but I aint cutting it! :lol:)
4d91cbf1-c782-4c0d-847c-7a217326c9fa_zps33af89b4.jpg

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
hey ladies, it's been awhile! I've been very busy, but I would still get on and lurk through this thread in my down time lol. So much pretty hair!

some wng:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Products used:

Shea moisture Purification Masque as a Co-Wash

Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk used as a leave in

Redken Extreme Anti Snap Leave-In Treatment used as a heat protectant

Kinky Curly Curling Custard to style

I then diffused before bed

I did another wash and go.

I think I may take a break though. Detangling my hair was no joke, but then it never is.

you are soo pretty, I love your wash and go DoDo

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I visiting my sis for thanksgiving is SC. I'm coming home today. Haven't had any great hair days the three days I was here. I like my hair today though. Go figure the last day I'm here my hair decides to act right.

image-2648182919.jpg

My grey is showing

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
My hair today. I detangled with a vented brush today, and I loved how it removed all of my shed hair, made my hair smooth, and cut down some of my volume (my hair is naturally incredibly poofy, and has the propensity to become planet sized if I let it). Plus it glided through my hair and made detangling very quick and painless. My scalp is a little sore from blow drying the other day, and the brush was very gentle. I also lost a lot less hair! Go figure.

The only thing I don't care for is the extra shrinkage:

Sholapie

I think i've finally cracked the multiple day wng on my awkward stage twa :yay:
Over the past couple weeks I have tried about 6 different products and countless night time routines to get my hair to look decent the next day.
What I think is finally working is banding my roots only, and by band I mean loosely put an elastic around it, I almost gave up the idea of banding because it would stretch and distort and coil pattern but banding the roots is perfect because the roots are hidden.
Also as much as I love eco styler for definition, my hair always get squished to my head when I sleep on it. I tried using water to revive it but my hair doesn't absorb water easily like I could spray and spray until I empty the spray bottle but it doesn't change anything, the water just drips off without absorbing.
So finally I just tried cantu curl activator and I got soft hair that bounces back to shape and it doesn't take days to dry.
Sorry for the really long post i'm just really excited
wng2.jpg

Last edited:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
So I did some two strand twist yesterday with the intention of wearing them out today. Fast forward to this morning my twists on the right side were sticking straight up in all directions no no no. I guess I should have tied them down or put rollers on the ends I just through my bonnet oblast night. I got up later than normal because I felt I was not going to have to do my hair this morning ugh it took forever on take them out detangling was a nightmare I lost a lot of hair this morning because I was rushing. I think I'm going to definitely stick to wash n goes for now on. Whenever I try other things it doesn't seem to work out. I'm plan on getting straight for the first time since my BC on this coming Saturday. To tell you the truth I'm a little paranoid about it. Here is my wash n go today

Attachments

• image-3211334883.jpg
    image-3211334883.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 65

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I co-rinsed with Yes to Coconut conditioner, and then deep conditioned with Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Masque (smells so good :drool:). I applied my gel today using the "prayer hands" method (if that's what it's called). I like how fluffy my roots are today. I used Argan Oil gel mixed with Worlds of Curls.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
So I did some two strand twist yesterday with the intention of wearing them out today. Fast forward to this morning my twists on the right side were sticking straight up in all directions no no no. I guess I should have tied them down or put rollers on the ends I just through my bonnet oblast night. I got up later than normal because I felt I was not going to have to do my hair this morning ugh it took forever on take them out detangling was a nightmare I lost a lot of hair this morning because I was rushing. I think I'm going to definitely stick to wash n goes for now on. Whenever I try other things it doesn't seem to work out. I'm plan on getting straight for the first time since my BC on this coming Saturday. To tell you the truth I'm a little paranoid about it. Here is my wash n go today
I have exactly the opposite problem...detangling is a nightmare after back-to-back WNGs. I took my flatiron and straightened a section of my hair on day-old hair so that I could see the length. I used a heat protector of course but I almost had a heart attack because I took a minute to curl back up when I co-washed. I only used it on 300. The good news is I have about 6 inches. First time since I BC-ed in May. Need pics of that swangin hair on Saturday!

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I cant wait until Saturday. I will be back on my Washngos after an extensive deep conditioning session!

I plan on trying Soultanicals new gel/custard out.

krissyhair

[USER=41623]shawnyblazes[/USER];20843415 said:
I cant wait until Saturday. I will be back on my Washngos after an extensive deep conditioning session!

I plan on trying Soultanicals new gel/custard out.

I will be deep conditioning with you.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Pretty wng guys! I will be back to wash n going once i take this weave out. I got heat damage in my leave out though :( i will never let anyone flat iron my hair again!

I dont get how i can flat iron my hair frequently and have it bounce back but have a person do it one time and *** up my hair.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Pretty wng guys! I will be back to wash n going once i take this weave out. I got heat damage in my leave out though :( i will never let anyone flat iron my hair again! I dont get how i can flat iron my hair frequently and have it bounce back but have a person do it one time and *** up my hair.
oh no that's terrible. I have plans to get mine straightened on Saturday. Your making me even more paranoid.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
If it helps the girl i went to didn't finish getting her license:look: She flat ironed my hair with spritz!:nono:
um that's a no no. Sorry that happened. The salon I go to is a natural salon so that should help some what.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Decided to revisit curls unleashed this morning. I used their leave in and their set it off jelly. I also brushed my sides back. I also like to do my rockstar head shake once I've shingled my products it seems to help with clumping and separating my curls.

Attachments

• image-1796653663.jpg
    image-1796653663.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1756322980.jpg
    image-1756322980.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2597338200.jpg
    image-2597338200.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 73