Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2014

brookse2

Hair Goals
Current Length: Chin length
2014 Goal Length: Full APL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
Hair type: 4 C
How you will achieve goal: Twist outs, box braids, deep conditioning 2x week, up for more suggestions

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 168
Goal Weight: 149
Current Dress Size: 12
Goal Size: 8
Fitness Goal: RUN (not walk) a 5K, lose the back fat/muffin top, shape legs
How you will achieve goal: Lose it app, limit sodium intake (hypertension). Zumba, 5K training, Pinterest quickie workouts

BGT

Measurements :sad:

Bust: 39.5
Waist: 33
Lower Belly: 41 :nono::nono::nono:
Hip: 45
Thigh; L: 26.5; R: 26
Arm, L: 13; R: 12.5

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
ajacks I have been having 30 day shred for over a year and I still havent done it :( I think im going to bellydance tonight for cardio and do some weights afterwards to tone my arms

surecutie

ajacks I have been having 30 day shred for over a year and I still havent done it :( I think im going to bellydance tonight for cardio and do some weights afterwards to tone my arms

Same here with 30 day shred :( I think I'm going to commit to doing that for the next 30 days and then tackle insanity after that...and after I get my tax refund to buy the whole program :)

ajacks

Same here with 30 day shred :( I think I'm going to commit to doing that for the next 30 days and then tackle insanity after that...and after I get my tax refund to buy the whole program :)

I have had it for awhile as well, but I've never completed it. Hopefully I do better this go round.

AmiJay

I hate how big I've gotten. Looking at this picture, at how big my back is? No bueno. So I'm going to make sure I check in 5 days a week with my exercise. I feel like my hair is coming along, but I need to focus on losing weight.

Attachments

• 20140104_133300.jpg
    20140104_133300.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 57

AmiJay

ajacks, Prettymetty, surecutie, I have 30 Day Shred as well. It was okay, but I love love FitnessBlender on youtube. They have different videos to choose from. I do low impact because I have a bad knee, with different times ranging from 15mins to an hour. No music, just the guy talking. Check them out.

EnExitStageLeft

Daily Check In for Yesterday....

I did pretty good yesterday. Until I went to sleep woke up and seen two granola bar wrappings on my dressor. I absolutely HATE being a sleep eater. I have got to get this under control.

MangaManiac

Hair Goals
Current Length: Just past SL
2014 Goal Length: Full APL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
Hair type: 3C & 4A
How you will achieve goal: Crown & Glory Method, Vitamins & H2O, Daily exercise, Sulfur/MN/Oil topical treatments, Co-washing 3-4 days/week, Hard protein every 12-16 weeks

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 165/170
Goal Weight: 120
Current Dress Size: UK size 14
Goal Size: UK size 8/10
Fitness Goal: Slim and tone everywhere, round and lift glutes, run a 10K
How you will achieve goal: Track calories with My Fitness Pal, 8-week HIIT programme, gym sessions 5-6 days/week, yoga 3 days/week, H2O, Thermogenic/Fat burner prior to gym session, SQUATS & GLUTE BRIDGES!!! :yep:

Since I have reunions this summer and then plan on going on vacation in August and again in September, I have clear goals to work towards. This past year I was able to lose about 40 pounds and know I will be able to do the same in order to get close to my ultimate goal.

It’s consistency and knowing now that I am not one of those people who can not exercise for the rest of my life and be healthy. Now that I know I need to have a certain active lifestyle, there’s no more wiggle room for me to be lazy!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Prettymetty

I was looking into Bellydance Fitness DVD's (because I refuse to go to a gym.....ain't nobody got time for that). What would you recommend?

Veena and neena are twin girls from the middle east. Their workouts combine cardio and strength. Ive been bellydancing to their videos sonxe 2001. Amazon has them in bundles so u can get like 3 videos for about $15

LovelyRo

Hair update: I've been taking my hair vitamins daily and I'm currently DCing my hair with Kenra MC, JBCO and Honey.

Weight loss update: my diet has been terrible these last couple of days but, I'm snowed in with a lot do healthy options so, I should do better the next couple of days! I'll be doing a fitness blender workout shortly! I'm currently waiting on DS to get off my laptop.

Last edited:

Kerryann

I know I shouldn't hacve gotten on the scale until my fast is over but I lost 4 pounds in the last 4 days

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Hair Goals

Current Length: APL
2014 Goal Length: BSL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: transitioning
How you will achieve goal: M&S ends daily, weekly rollersets, DCing 2x per month

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 181
Goal Weight: 135
Goal Size: 6
Fitness Goal: flat tummy, lose baby weight
How you will achieve goal: use My Fitness Pal to calculate my perfect caloric intake, portion control, eating cleaner, exercise.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This is my starting pic for hair and body. I will update in march. Hopefully I meet my mini goal of 1 inch growth and 10 lbs lost. I am 5' and I weigh 162 :( gotta change the number on the scale

Attachments

• 20140105_170431.jpg
    20140105_170431.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 57

SkySurfer

Re-doing my Start stats because my old scale was wrong:

Height: 5'4''
Start weight: 154.6 lb
Goal Weight: 125 lb

Meal Plan: 3 Idaho Plate Meals a day
Fitness: 5 days a week split between cardio and strength

faithVA

I haven't really done anything for my weight goal yet but fortunately I've lost 5 lbs. I'm down to 153.6 from 158.6. But I will start my exercise starting today. I plan to walk at lunch time and do yoga tonight. I also need to get my eating back in order, so I will be stopping by the grocery store today to pick up some soups and some ingredients to make some soups.

As far as my hair, my goal is to figure out my moisturizing regimen because that is what will help my retention. Yesterday was wash day. The first thing I learned is that I need to prepoo when I shampoo to keep my strands from drying out and tangling. I'm wigging it right now so I can cowash more often to try to increase the moisture in my hair. And I have quite a few products to try so I will be experimenting with different combinations to see what works.

cynd

Yesterday was a bad eating day but I'm back on track today. I desperately need motivation/a spark to make me exercise. I can't figure out why this is so hard for me. My goal is to walk daily and supplement that with either weights or with using the fluidity bar.

myfaithrising

Yesterday was a bad eating day but I'm back on track today. I desperately need motivation/a spark to make me exercise. I can't figure out why this is so hard for me. My goal is to walk daily and supplement that with either weights or with using the fluidity bar.

Unfortunately, I'm with you. I have a Monday mentality, and my husband doesn't help. I'm good today though so I'll focus on that and keep it one day at a time. ..

jennwantslonghurr

Monday update: so my first week had its ups and downs. I worked out everyday and was able to hit my water goal once I found a fruit infused water bottle. My first 4 cups was regular water and the last 4 cups were infused. But. I. was. still. snacking. Not good so I read this article that said the more vegetables and the less sugar you eat your cravings go away quicker. This week week I'll focus on 5 servings of raw vegetables a day and let you guys know if it helped.

faithVA

Eating soup for lunch. Picked up some Special K Multi Grain Crackers to go along with it. 24 crackers in 1 serving, 120 calories and 3 g of fiber. This will be a nice snack. I think I will pick up some almonds and grapes for some additional snacks.

GettingKinky

I want to join! I need motivation.

Hair Goals

Current Length: BSL
2014 Goal Length: BSL with no bonelaxed ends (I need to trim 3-4 inches this year)
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: transitioning to texlax
How you will achieve goal: Rollerset at least once a month. Braidout and bun the rest of the time

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 148
Goal Weight: 138
Current Dress Size: 8
Goal Size: 6
Fitness Goal: thinner thighs (I'm not sure if my genetics will allow it though.)
How you will achieve goal: brisk walking 40 minutes a day, portion control, eat real food 90% of the time, do beachbody programs.

GettingKinky

I finished T25 just after Xmas and today I started p90x3. I love beachbody programs and these 30 minute programs are perfect for doing before work.

I was good at lunch today and ate leftover chicken tagine from last night. It's full of veggies and is definitely real food.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Hey ladies! I finally worked out today. Did Superfast Body Blast on Demand, 30 min workout. Ordered a couple dvds from Amazon - Shaun T, not sure which one, and Jillian Michaels, again sorry can't remember the exact name, but I believe it's supposed to be an easier program.

I have 30 day shred, but I want to ease into it, since it kicks my butt! I just really have to push myself to stay consistent with working out.

Eating, not 100% but better. Being more conscience of what I am eating. I didn't eat any meals out today, that is huge for me!

I weighed myself this am. I was so dreading it, I kept putting it off. 181. NO GOOD!!! But I feel like this time I can do this, stick to it. I feel mentally ready now, whereas before I don't think I was.

I put my hair in mini-twists so I don't really have to think about it, moisturize, seal. That's it. Will try to leave in for 4 weeks. My hair does much better twisted/braided up and left alone!

Chrissy811

Is it too late for me to join?

Hair Goals
Current Length: NL
2014 Goal Length: SL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: relaxed
Hair type: Not sure
How you will achieve goal: stretches, protein, deep conditioning, henna castor oil and mtg

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight:too much
Goal Weight: 165
Goal Size: 6-8
Fitness Goal: lose about 20lbs firm arms and abs
How you will achieve goal: WW and P90x3, for the first 90 days of the year

LovelyRo

I took my hair vitamins today and completed a fitness blender workout (butt thighs and cardio). Great workout! I'm currently sipping on a green smoothie made with Romaine Lettuce, 1 apple and a kiwi. I think I need to stick with spinach as my base for my green smoothies.

BGT

Had an amazing lower body workout today (my trainer/friend was proud). Y'all, don't sleep on weighted glute and hip bridges: works the booty like whoa!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

brookse2

Checking in. Deep conditioned with Shea moisture anti breakage mask. Twisted yesterday with Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie/As I Am smoothing gel for a twist out. Twisted tonight with Miss Jessie's curly pudding. Logged all of my meals in the just lose it app and played Just dance 2014 for an hour. Some serious fun cardio. :)