Niece got in fight - hair advice

MsCarmenP

So my 15yo niece got in a fight a few days ago. She has box braids and during the fight the other girl snatched some of them out. Not only did the individual braids come out, her real hair did too. So now she has a patch of hair that's like half an inch long in the right front part of her head. I'm trying to get her some things to help it grow back (of course she's embarassed but she's able to arrange the braids to where that area is covered). I read about JBCO. Is there a specific brand I should get? Any other advice on what we can do to help that area grow back and what to do in the meantime?

bklynbornNbred

I'm in NY so I don't pay attention to brand name I just open bottle to make sure it smells legit. Really sorry to hear what happened. The only thing that will help is time ( and a better right upper cut). Don't let these bum chick pull your hair without breaking their jaw!

nrock

Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor oil in extra dark. I've been using it for two weeks and my thin areas are already filling in. I put it on when I come in for the evening and a little when I get up in the morning.

Amarilles

It sounds like her hair broke and wasn't pulled off at the root? The latter would be a lot more serious, and if so I would have a doc/derm look at area just to be safe.

If the hair broke, only time will help it grow back. JCBO won't do any harm, the Tropic Isle brand is authentic.

nlamr2013

:look: maybe I'm mean but her punishment for fighting would be for me to leave it until it grows back naturally lol tell her stop fighting out here we too cute for that. ;)

Naveah2050

You have no idea why she was fighting. She couldve been defending herself or standing up to a bully.
There is no excuse for a young lady to engage in a physical fight - none. There are non physical ways to defend yourself or stand up to bullies

Incidentally you also have no idea why she was fighting

CodeRed

Well... there's going to be a fight in this thread :lol:

Anyway, if her hair broke off then I would suggest just getting a new hairstyle where she could slick the front back with some aloe vera gel or gelly mixed with a bit of castor oil. She could get the nutrients and moisturizing/thickening/strengthening benefits of both to help her hair catch up a little bit faster... maybe she could get creative with some headbands too and help baby the area while it grows back.

MsCarmenP

Thanks for the advice. Yeah she shouldn't have been fighting. But the other girl came over to her (actually near her house) and hit her. So she had to defend herself. Amarilles Yes, it looks like the hair broke off, not ripped off from the roots.

Babygrowth

Scalp massages and inversion might also help. Just also make sure she's getting her nutrients and iron like with meals or a multivitamin. I like Sunny isle JBCO with lavendar. Or JBCO with coconut oil.

natural2008

There is no excuse for a young lady to engage in a physical fight - none. There are non physical ways to defend yourself or stand up to bullies Incidentally you also have no idea why she was fighting

Whatever if someone comes up to you and and swing the right to defend self is to swing back. I guess if someone came and hit you, you would just stand there and take it. You're a good one. Good luck with that.

MsCarmenP

Whatever if someone comes up to you and and swing the right to defend self is to swing back. I guess if someone came and hit you, you would just stand there and take it. You're a good one. Good luck with that.

Exactly. I wish she would tell me somebody started hitting her and she stood there and did nothing.

GoldenRule

My daughter was in a fight some years back and they pulled her braids from the root. There was a smooth bald spot. It grew back very quickly though just by rubbing it with castor oil.

She was set upon. She didn't start or want a fight, had never had one before either. She beat the breaks off of that girl. What was she supposed to do?? Someone swings on you, ladylike as you may be, you need to shut that **** down. The time to "talk it over" has passed.

SuchaLady

You sound like my mama :lol: She always said she wish I might let someone beat me up and I do nothing. Being girly aside Imma put this weave in a pony, hope I dont chip my nail polish and beat your *** We can talk about it later.

Exactly. I wish she would tell me somebody started hitting her and she stood there and did nothing.

almond eyes

Fight or no fight, a few years ago, three braids on the side of my hair were snatched by the fridge and ripped out from the roots with the entire extension braids. I remember being devastated. But it grew back within six months. I just massaged it gently every evening with some peppermint oil and sulfer oil. Now, all is back to normal since that time. But be careful with these oils some can be too strong and also lead to headaches.

If within a month she sees no difference perhaps go to a derm and get some shots to stimulate the area.

Best,
Almond Eyes

PJaye

Once, I had large, shiny bald spots from a bad outbreak of psoriasis (e.g., they were on both sides of my head and spanned at least 4" in diameter; it looked like an extreme mohawk). What helped most was plain castor oil and I OD'ed on it - added it to my DCs and leave-ins, used it as a sealant, and massaged it into my bawl spots. In a few months, my hair had grown in nice and thick; and I'm a slow-grower. You can also add some stimulants to the castor oil, like rosemary or peppermint, if you prefer. If not, an inexpensive, highly effective pre-made hair oil can be found at the following site: http://www.bobeamnaturalproducts.com/.

FWIW, the girl came into her territory and drew first blood, so a beatdown was definitely in order.

meka72

Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor oil in extra dark. I've been using it for two weeks and my thin areas are already filling in. I put it on when I come in for the evening and a little when I get up in the morning.

OP, you might be able to get the JBCO mentioned at CurlMart now with free shipping using code FREE.