Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
July 17, 2014

Devotional:

and after he brought them out, he said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” And they spoke the word of [fn]the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household. Acts 16:30-33 (NASB)

Faith in Jesus is the absolutely crucial response to God's grace and is such a life-transforming blessing. For the jailer, faith meant hearing the gospel of Jesus as Lord and responding by believing that message, being baptized immediately, demonstrating a life change, and sharing in fellowship with other believers (cf. Acts 2:42-47). Imagine going from being the jailer over men to washing their wounds in your own home! Think about being responsible for the painful incarceration of men, then have these men baptize you and your family that same night! Imagine locking in chains men who would later sit at your table sharing a meal! Isn't God incredible! Isn't his grace indescribable! No wonder we rejoice when those who are lost truly believe! Life is forever different.

Prayer:
Father, thank you for the surprises you have brought to me by your grace. Please bless me as I try to share your grace by presenting the Gospel of Jesus this week to those I love. In the name of the Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But desire [fn]fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
July 18, 2014

Devotional:

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NASB)

Want to know something you can do that will please God? Rejoice in his grace. Pray for others. Give thanks for your blessings. It's simply something that he wants us to do.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father and Almighty God, I am thrilled at the very thought of being your child. Abba Father, please hear my prayer of concern for several people who are on my heart today... Loving God, thank you so much for the blessings you pour into my life each day. In Jesus' holy name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may [fn]be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. Matthew 5:44-45 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
July 19, 2014

Devotional:

“The LORD your God is in your midst, A [fn]victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will [fn]be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy. Zephaniah 3:17 (NASB)

God is with us! That's the great message of the story of Jesus (Matt. 1:23). That's the message of hope Zephaniah gives the defeated people of God. God is among us. He is mighty to save. He loves us. He delights in us. He stills the storms of our hearts with his loving touch. He sings us lullabies of joy. God longs to be close to us and invites us to draw near. What will your response be?

Prayer:
Father, strengthen my resolve as I turn away from evil and seek to draw near to you. I don't want any imitation relationship with you. I don't want some artificial symbol of you. I want to know you. I want to experience your presence and to be used as your tool of grace in the lives of others. I need your presence to settle the disquietude of my soul. Thank you for being near. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
July 21, 2014

Devotional:

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen. 2 Peter 3:18 (NASB)

Where do you need to grow in your walk with the Lord? How about keeping the tandem targets of grace and knowledge together as your goal. So often we pursue one or the other. But something seems to come unhinged in our soul when either of those becomes more important than the other. Let's keep grace and knowledge together because we see them together in our Savior.

Prayer:
Holy God, I want to grow to be more like Jesus. I know I cannot do that without your Spirit's power and my hearts desire. In addition, dear Father, I want to grow in being a gracious person. I want to know and experience Jesus' presence in my life. Please bless me in this holy quest. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
O LORD of hosts, How blessed is the man who trusts in You! Psalm 84:12 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
July 22, 2014

Devotional:

So then [fn]we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another. Romans 14:19 (NASB)

"Make every effort!" That's quite a challenge. But notice where that exertion is to be focused: peace and mutual edification. Both sides of this exhortation are two way responsibilities. I must pursue and share peace if I am going to have it myself. I must edify, and be open to being edified, if mutual edification is going to happen. In other words, we live with other people in God's family. He wants us to be responsible for making relationships work in our spiritual family. He reminds us it will require strenuous effort. But, isn't that true in every family relationship? Love means sacrifice, effort, and concern for others. When we share our love willingly, however, we're much more likely to see it coming back to us!

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, forgive me for my impatience and selfishness. Defeat the bad attitude of competitiveness that I often display in arguments and disagreements with others in your family. Energize me by your Spirit to see areas where I can be a blessing and an encouragement to others. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Matthew 5:6 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
July 23, 2014

Devotional:

When my anxious thoughts [fn]multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul. Psalms 94:19 (NASB)

God is our comforter, sustainer, and Lord. Only his gracious presence and tender blessings can bring consolation and comfort to our restless and discouraged souls. So let's turn to him, honestly confessing both our sins and our sorrows. Let's ask him to take our anxiety away and restore to us the passion, the joy, and the confidence of our salvation.

Prayer:
Almighty Shepherd, in the noise and confusion of many thoughts burdened by many concerns, minister to me through your Holy Spirit. I need your comfort and peace. I ask for your presence and your grace. In Jesus' name I ask. Amen.

Wisdom:
Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
July 24, 2014

Devotional:

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations [fn]forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21 (NASB)

What grand "Kingdom dreams" do you have for God's glory? What incredible ideas can you imagine requesting that God would bring to fruition? What are you expectations of heaven with God? Now that you have stretched mind, challenged your imagination, and loaded up your expectations, are you ready for some down to earth truth straight from the Marvel of heaven? God is able to do far more than any of that. His power is at work in us to do his glorious will and accomplish his eternal purposes. So let's not set our sights too low and expect too little. Live for his glory and expect to see it at work in your life.

Prayer:
O LORD, God of heavens and earth, my Abba Father and loving Shepherd, please stir my thoughts by your Spirit to dream bigger dreams and have higher hopes than my earthbound and selfish brain can imagine. Give me a sense of wonder and expectation as I live for your glory. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
July 25, 2014

Devotional:

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. Amen. 2 Corinthians 7:1 (NASB)

God has blessed us with so many wonderful promises. He has secured them through the sending of his Son "to conquer death and bring life and immortality to life." He will "transform our lowly bodies to be like his glorious body." He will take us home to be with him eternally, but until that day, he will live inside us and reveal himself to us. He will make us more than conquerors and will not allow anything to separate us from his love. So what should our response be? Yes, sure we should offer him praise. But, we must not limit our praise to words. God wants our lives to be pure, staying away from what is evil, vile, putrid, and corrupt. He wants us to do this, not so we can claim some moral superiority, but so that we can show him our adoration and reverence. In our desire to offer God praise, let's not forget that one of the greatest ways to praise him is to seek him in purity and holiness!

Prayer:
Forgive me, Heavenly Father, for my sins. Purify my heart and cast out any foothold the devil may have in me because of my sin. Empower me to holiness and accept my life as an offering of praise and thanks to you. In the name of Jesus, I offer you my heart, my life, and my all. Amen.

Wisdom:
Wealth obtained by [fn]fraud dwindles, But the one who gathers [fn]by labor increases it. Proverbs 13:11 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
July 26, 2014

Devotional:

O love the LORD, all you His godly ones! The LORD preserves the faithful And fully recompenses the proud doer. Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who [fn]hope in the LORD. Psalms 31:23-24 (NASB)

Love the LORD! Be strong because of your hope in the LORD. In other words, recognize where your strength is. Acknowledge your source of grace. Give praise to God for his abundant mercy and power lavished on us through his Holy Spirit. The LORD God does preserve his people. He does honor faithfulness even if it is mocked in this world. The LORD will bless his people and deal justly with those who mock and abuse them.

Prayer:
Give me strength, O LORD, for I find myself in trying times with enemies at my door and opponents on every side. Please give me wisdom to see your grace that leads me. Please give me courage to stand up for what is right, pure, and holy. Please give me vision to see the things you want to use me to do for your glory. Please keep my hope passionately alive as I wait for your work in me to be accomplished. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
July 28, 2014

Devotional:

The steps of a man are established by the LORD, And He delights in his way. When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, Because the LORD is the One [fn]who holds his hand. Psalms 37:23-24 (NASB)

I don't know about you, but I've stumbled my way through much of life. I've tripped at some of the most embarrassing moments. I've stumbled over my own feet, shoelaces, curbs, and just pure air. However, I am confident that in my spiritual life, even though I have stumbled from time to time, God has not let me completely fall. When I think I'm going to plunge into the depths of the abyss, the Father's love, care, concern, Scriptures, servants, and helpers have kept me from destruction. God's hand does uphold me. He is there in times of trial. He has been mighty to save. I do believe that he delights in my journey. How about you?

Prayer:
O Father, thank you for your steadying influence in my life. Thank you for lifting me when I have been down, protecting me when I have been vulnerable, and comforting me when I have been broken. I praise you for your grace, your glory, and your nearness. Through Jesus, I offer you my praise and eternal appreciation. Amen.

Wisdom:
For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his [fn]natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, [fn]he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but [fn]an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in [fn]what he does. James 1:23-25 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
July 29, 2014

Devotional:

A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the [fn]defense of my life; Whom shall I dread? Psalms 27:1 (NASB)

Yes, the LORD, Yahweh the God of Israel, the Almighty Creator of all things, is my light and my salvation. My life, the eternal part of me, is entrusted with him. I choose not to fear. I place my trust in him.

Prayer:
Father in heaven, I praise you for your faithfulness through the ages. I thank you for your steadfast love that has blessed each generation, giving hope in times of darkness, salvation in times of wantonness, and strength in times of weakness. Now I ask that you be with several people I love, who need your palpable presence as they fight their battles. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed is the man whom You chasten, O [fn]LORD, And whom You teach out of Your law; Psalm 94:12 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
July 30, 2014

Devotional:

“No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that [fn]accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD. Isaiah 54:17 (NASB)

Because of the LORD God's grace and power, we will be victors. This is the final message of Revelation. It is the song that is sung throughout the Scriptures. This is the assurance that we have from God himself. Our lives will not be lived in vain. Those who berate, belittle, and batter God's people will be exposed and his beloved children, his saints of light, will receive vindication and salvation from the Father they love.

Prayer:
Dear God, I pray especially today for your servants who are sharing the Gospel in difficult places. Some of these precious ones are imprisoned. Some are facing torture. Others are facing ostracism. Some face firing in their workplace. Please give them strength today. Please deliver them from the evil one's vile intent. Protect them by your mighty hand and deliver them, like Daniel, from the lion's mouth to your glory. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“Or how [fn]can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? “You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye. Matthew 7:4-5 (NASB)

lovelycurls

July 30, 2014 Devotional: “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that [fn]accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD. Isaiah 54:17 (NASB) Because of the LORD God's grace and power, we will be victors. This is the final message of Revelation. It is the song that is sung throughout the Scriptures. This is the assurance that we have from God himself. Our lives will not be lived in vain. Those who berate, belittle, and batter God's people will be exposed and his beloved children, his saints of light, will receive vindication and salvation from the Father they love. Prayer: Dear God, I pray especially today for your servants who are sharing the Gospel in difficult places. Some of these precious ones are imprisoned. Some are facing torture. Others are facing ostracism. Some face firing in their workplace. Please give them strength today. Please deliver them from the evil one's vile intent. Protect them by your mighty hand and deliver them, like Daniel, from the lion's mouth to your glory. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. Wisdom: “Or how [fn]can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? “You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye. Matthew 7:4-5 (NASB)
Thank You Jesus!!!!!! Thy has been Confirmed unto me Again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

baddison

natural for good
July 31, 2014

Devotional:

Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one [fn]mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; in no way alarmed by your opponents—which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God. Philippians 1:27-28 (NASB)

Let's live as if we've been redeemed! Let's show our love and character in our daily lives. Let's especially work together, with one voice and spirit, making a vigorous effort to share the Gospel with those who have never heard of the grace of God in the ministry of Jesus. In the face of opposition, let's not be deterred or divided. Instead, let's work hand-in-hand for the cause of the Gospel.

Prayer:
O LORD, give us greater unity of purpose and greater courage in the face of opposition so that we can show the world that we are your children and Jesus' disciples. In the name of our Lord and Christ we pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8-9 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 1, 2014

Devotional:

Her children rise up and bless her; Her husband also, and he praises her, saying: “Many daughters have done nobly, But you excel them all.” Proverbs 31:28-29 (NASB)

When's the last time you praised a godly woman for her life of faith and grace? Why not take time to write a note or two of appreciation and thanks to several of these women today. Where would we be today without the faithfulness of godly women? I can't imagine, and don't want to! Let's tell them today how precious they are to us and our faith.

Prayer:
Father, I thank you for the following godly women who have shaped my life and helped me have faith... God, I thank you for the great women of faith in Scripture who did so much for your people. Help us, your Church, your children of faith, to find every way possible to show these great ladies how much they mean to us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will [fn]prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you [fn]appear as [fn]lights in the world, holding [fn]fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain. Philippians 2:14-16 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 2, 2014

Devotional:

For to you it has been granted for Christ’s sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, Philippians 1:29 (NASB)

Suffer! How is suffering a privilege? It's not unless it is for Jesus. Remember how the early apostles were joyful because they were counted worthy to suffer for the name? (cf. Acts 5:41) You see, he suffered for us so we could be saved. When we face suffering for the cause of Christ and his Kingdom, we help inspire others to live faithfully in adversity and show to all the genuineness of our faith. So few have anything worthy of their living, dying, or suffering. We have reason for all three: our lives will be caught up in Jesus' victory! (cf. Rom. 8:32-39; 1 Cor. 15)

Prayer:
Make me courageous, O God! Help me to be faithful in times of trouble and strong in times of persecution, hardship, and suffering. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Let no [fn]unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification [fn]according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear. Ephesians 4:29 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 4, 2014

Devotional:

Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who [fn]fears the LORD, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30 (NASB)

Want to find a really good woman? Look for one that honors and reveres the LORD with all of her heart, soul, mind, and strength. Appearance, physical strength, and even personality can change and degrade. A woman whose heart is anchored and enlivened by the presence of God in her life will be a life-long blessing and a woman worthy of our praise, and the praise of her God.

Prayer:
Father, once again, I want to thank you this week for the important women in my life especially my wife, the gift you have given me who helped shape my faith and who helped me find my way to you. Please help me to value godly women in ways that bless them, honor you, and build up your Church. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Like clouds and wind without rain Is a man who boasts [fn]of his gifts falsely. Proverbs 25:14 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 5, 2014

Devotional:

But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for [fn]the Child who has been [fn]conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 1:20 (NASB)

Reassurance beyond understanding! That's the beginning of the Christ story for Joseph. What he cannot understand and what he had no part in creating, will now be the groundbreaking journey of his own faithful and generous heart. He will be the human daddy to the Savior of the world. He will live the rest of his life knowing that a miracle happened with Mary without his input or involvement. His faith, and God's use of him in this story, should awaken each of us to the incredible possibilities that God may have in store for us. Why not use this December to re-awaken your heart to the Holy One, born Jesus of Nazareth.

Prayer:
Father, I have long admired Joseph for his trust in you — a trust that helped him deal with what he could not understand. Now I come, with wild-eyed Joseph excitement and bewilderment to be reminded again of the miracle of your Son and my Savior. Please make him real to me as I seek to know him better. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
[fn]Praise [fn]the LORD! How blessed is the man who [fn]fears the LORD,

Who greatly delights in His commandments. Psalm 112:1 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 6, 2014

Devotional:

“She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for [fn]He will save His people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21 (NASB)

Jesus. Yeshua. Joshua of the spiritual world. Mary's boy, God's Son, comes to help us tear down the strongholds Satan has built in our lives. He comes to bring peace to our troubled spirits and joy to our nights of despair. He comes to not only minister to us and bless us, he comes to do what no one else could do: he comes to deliver us from our sins, those spiritual blemishes, rebellions, mistakes, transgressions, and sins. Praise God! A deliver who actually conquered what we could not to make us what we are not — pure, perfect, and holy children of God, like him. (cf. Col. 1:21-23)

Prayer:
Thank you, Father, for your forgiveness, cleansing, and transformation given to me by Jesus and the Holy Spirit. In Christ's name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and [fn]patience; Colossians 3:12 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 7, 2014

Devotional:

Now all this [fn]took place to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet: “BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME [fn]IMMANUEL,” which translated means, “GOD WITH US.” Matthew 1:22-23 (NASB)

God had repeatedly promised it. Men, women, and angels had long anticipated it. Now, in Jesus, it happens. God is with us. Jesus is Immanuel. We live on a visited planet, touched by the very presence of God among us. And it was just as the prophets of old had said.

Prayer:
LORD God, my heavenly Father, thank you for keeping your promises, especially when it was so incredibly costly for you to do so. I want to know you better, O God, not just as someone I study, but as someone I encounter in my daily life. Please make your presence known as I seek you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral [fn]excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. 2 Peter 1:5-7 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 8, 2014

Devotional:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16 (NASB)

Are you ashamed? Culture tries to make us ashamed about our faith, portraying people of faith as stupid, insensitive, judgmental, and hypocritical. Are you ashamed? Are you willing to share your faith humbly and gently with those who do not know Jesus as their Lord? Are you ashamed? Your hero left heaven to come to earth and risk everything so that you could come home to heaven with him. This Gospel is powerful. This Gospel is transformational. This Gospel, and the salvation it brings, are for all people. So let's not be ashamed; let's be joyous and generous with this incredible gift that we have received.

Prayer:
Father in heaven, please give me wisdom, sensitivity, and courage to share your wonderful story of grace with those around me who do not know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul. 1 Peter 2:11 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 9, 2014

Devotional:

Have this attitude [fn]in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be [fn]grasped, Philippians 2:5-6 (NASB)

Jesus did not hang on to his heavenly glory, but surrendered it to save us. Now he asks us to follow his example and share his heart. He wants us to treat each other as he has treated us, thinking of their needs and God's will before our own. Now that's one revolution I hope I get to see fully happen!

Prayer:
O Father God, please transform my heart and mind by the power of your Holy Spirit. I want my thoughts to be your thoughts. I want my hearts desire to reflect the passions of your Son. I want my will to be guided by your Spirit. Please forgive my tendency to ruthlessly hang on to my own importance, my own will, and my own self-justification, even when I know it is not right or best. Make my mind more like the mind of your Son. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 11, 2014

Devotional:

but [fn]emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death [fn]on a cross. Philippians 2:7-8 (NASB)

Christianity is not for wimps or the faint of heart. Our example is described by words like... "made himself of no reputation" ..."servant" ..."humbled himself" ..."became obedient" ..."death on a cross!" That's tough stuff. And that is our example. The story of the Jesus may begin with a sweet child, but it also begins with him being placed where animals ate their food. While it may be powerful and precious, it is not saccharine and fake sentiment. It is about the price paid to redeem and the people who are different because they know their Redeemer.

Prayer:
Almighty God, loving Father, thank you for placing the Gospel story in the real world where I live. Jesus, thank you for being a Savior who has come into my world and faced its toughest edges. Help me as I learn to be sacrificial, obedient, and humble so that I can be used to help others find your grace. In the name of Jesus, the Lord. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessings are on the head of the righteous, But the mouth of the wicked conceals violence. Proverbs 10:6 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 12, 2014

Devotional:

For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, Philippians 2:9 (NASB)

For Jesus, Graciousness + Guts + Giving + Grit = Glory. Just one of those equations in salvation math that doesn't make much human sense, but from the perspective of faith, it is powerful wisdom. Jesus came to our world because of the graciousness of God. Jesus had the "guts" to leave behind heaven and face the hardships of humanity, and give of himself to serve others. Jesus had the grit to endure the horrors and humiliation of the cross. So God has shared with Jesus his glory and placed him above all others. The apostle Paul wants to remind us that God doesn't forget our sacrifices, our obedience, and our hardships. He does honor them with his pleasure and his glory because Jesus' sacrifice has made us holy!

Prayer:
Holy Father and Lord God, I believe that Jesus Christ is your Son and my Savior and Lord. I surrender my heart to have no rival interest to the lordship of your Son. Thank you for your wonderful gift of love in him. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Therefore [fn]be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, [fn]making the most of your time, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 13, 2014

Devotional:

so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10-11 (NASB)

I love the fact that I do each day what everyone will one day do: bow before the majesty and proclaim the Lordship of Jesus Christ to honor the Father's glory. How wonderful it is to be able to make that proclamation because of grace rather than in fear at the end of a life that has been spent in what is rebellion, denial, and waste.

Prayer:
Father, I do praise you for the truth about Jesus that will one day be realized fully by everyone who has ever lived. May my life display that truth in the way I treat people today. May my lips suitably proclaim that truth so others can know Jesus as Lord today. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. Matthew 7:13-14 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 14, 2014

Devotional:

[fn]Salvation belongs to the LORD; Your blessing [fn]be upon Your people! Selah. Psalm 3:8 (NASB)

Deliverance does come from the LORD, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, our Father. So we ask him to bless us with his richest and greatest blessings. But, he has already given his people the very greatest blessing, the gift of his Son. Now if we will only acknowledge and appreciate that blessing.

Prayer:
Thank you, O God, for the salvation you have given me in Jesus. Use me to spread this blessing to others so that the people I know and love will come to know your Son as their Savior and Lord. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Do nothing [fn]from [fn]selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; Philippians 2:3 (NASB)

gn1g

just came in to make a declaration

I decree and declare that this storm is OVER!

Hallelujah!
Glory to God!
The Almight God, the Prince of Peace the Everlast God. My soul crys Hallelujah! The storm is over! AMEN and AMEN

Forecast: sunny days, clear skys and good times up ahead.Amen

baddison

natural for good
August 15, 2014

Devotional
(an oldie, frequent, but goody):
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His [fn]only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16 (NASB)

What else is there to say, other than "Praise God!" and "Thank you Jesus!"

Prayer:
Thank you for loving me with an everlasting love, dear Father. I love you, too, and look forward to sharing the biggest part of my life with you in your presence. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
And with whom was He angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? Hebrews 3:17 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 16, 2014

Devotional:

“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. John 3:17 (NASB)

God is not the big Scrouge in the sky, criticially looking down on his flawed children waiting to condemn those who mess up. Instead, he saw how broken, flawed, and messed up we were and entered our world to save it... to save us. God's purpose in sending Jesus is our life and our salvation.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, deliver me from the sin that entangles my actions and pollutes my heart. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in me through your Holy Spirit. Thank you for your forgiveness and grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the LORD; We have blessed you from the house of the LORD. Psalm 118:26 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
August 18, 2014

Devotional:

but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.” John 4:14 (NASB)

Water! That precious gift for the tired and thirsty. Water! That essential refreshment we all need. Jesus, however, offers water we don't have to carry or purify. No, this is water that wells up within us. This is the water that the Holy Spirit brings us. This is the water that gives us eternal life that starts now and lasts forever!

Prayer:
Father, I know Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to live in me when I became a Christian. I ask that my stubborn will and that my sinful desires can be overcome with the Spirit's power, and that my life will display the joy and confidence that your refreshing presence brings. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. Matthew 5:7 (NASB)