BORAX has saved my scalp!

natural_one

I also use it when I shampoo my carpets I add it too my tank and the smells are Neutralized and my carpet brightens for sure :) I still use my regular Bissell detergent I just add this to it.

I plan on cleaning my carpets this week..I have to try this

Leesh

@Leesh I was siding with yah due to my experience. :( no picking on me! :giggle:

I know It entered mine though, to sit there and taste the things I put on my head :nono: not tastey at all!

No, No, No, absolutely not, never that my dear! :lol: I appreciate your input. It just scares me when people try certain things that are outside of the norm, and I'm not one to coat-tail other folks' opinions, Ima keep it all the way real with what I think. Plus I genuinely care about people in general and I don't want no one doing something that may harm them.

ETA: At bolded, I don't know if you've read upthread, but I know things can get into your bloodstream via your scalp. Chile, I jumped on the "Black Tea Rinse" bandwagon, and it messed me up for over a week. I had the jitters, I couldn't breathe and I also suffer from Anxiety Disorder, and that mess had me shaking for days.That was horrible. And a few other ladies here experienced the same thing. :nono:

Last edited:

JJamiah

I plan on cleaning my carpets this week..I have to try this

Make sure to use hot water and put a scoop of this in your mix :) WOrks great on the carpets :)

No, No, No, absolutely not, never that my dear! :lol: I appreciate your input. It just scares me when people try certain things that are outside of the norm, and I'm not one to coat-tail other folks' opinions, Ima keep it all the way real with what I think. Plus I genuinely care about people in general and I don't want no one doing something that may harm them.

:grouphug:

I stopped Bleaching my hair due to this too! Crazy :spinning:

Pompous Blue

@Pompous Blue thanks so much for sharing this! Once I purchase the rhassoul clay and neem oil I will give this a try because my scalp is in serious need of a detox since I big chopped. What is the brine you use? I have never heard of this in terms of hair care only food.

Thanks in advance for your response,
tishee
morehairplease "Dead Sea Brine is the mineral-rich water from the Dead Sea. Dead Sea Brine can be used in creams, lotions, facials, masks, body wraps and more"..... I purchased it from fromnaturewithlove.com during their Summer sale. BTW, it's still on sale.

But you don't need it for this mixture. Before I purchased it, I would mix the clay with plain water/aloe vera gel. Also, you don't need much neem oil; maybe a tsp up to a tbsp.

The Brine has enriched and amped up my treatments, though. It leaves my hair soft and my scalp clean and happy....LOL. When I appply the treatment to my hair, my 4CZ hair is elongated but everything returns to normal once I rinse it out. I, also, noticed I don't have SSKs or chewy ends anymore. My DH loves the treatment, too.

JeterCrazed

Everyone should know that chemical can be absorbed through the skin. LSD is sold on stamps/stickers. What I am addressing is the scariness people have over using products in ways that may benefit them in other ways. Borax had been used for antifungal properties at 100% for yeast infections. The words "poison" and "toxic" mean two different things. Before anyone gets their panties out of shape, take a deep breath, open your mind, and try to be a lil more optimistic.
Lye will eat straight through an aluminum pot. I'm still on the creamy crack. Lye is even found in some food supplements.
Too much water could kill you.
My mother used to use boric acid for pest control when I was a kid because it was the safest. It came in chalk form and she would let me write on the walls with it inside the kitchen cabinets. People drinking Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Coca Cola, Sprite, D&G Ginger Beer with phosphoric acid and benzoic acid. Boric acid on the scalp...she'll be aiight...:look:
By all means, do your research, but be more optimistic when you do.

People get excited like the borax is on their own scalps right now :burning: Lawd...:lol:

deborah11

Pompous,
What is your recipe for the brine concoction for your hair. Thank you.

morehairplease "Dead Sea Brine is the mineral-rich water from the Dead Sea. Dead Sea Brine can be used in creams, lotions, facials, masks, body wraps and more"..... I purchased it from fromnaturewithlove.com during their Summer sale. BTW, it's still on sale.

But you don't need it for this mixture. Before I purchased it, I would mix the clay with plain water/aloe vera gel. Also, you don't need much neem oil; maybe a tsp up to a tbsp.

The Brine has enriched and amped up my treatments, though. It leaves my hair soft and my scalp clean and happy....LOL. When I appply the treatment to my hair, my 4CZ hair is elongated but everything returns to normal once I rinse it out. I, also, noticed I don't have SSKs or chewy ends anymore. My DH loves the treatment, too.

JeterCrazed

The only place online that list the many uses is earthclinics and the sites that keep quoting them. No one else supports this idea :nono:

*sigh*
http://www.taoofherbs.com/articles/69/Boric_Acid_Suppositories_And_Yeast_Infection.htm

http://www.epa.gov/oppsrrd1/REDs/factsheets/0024fact.pdf

http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/borictech.pdf

AN OUTLINE OF TREATMENT FOR TINEA CAPITIS
DUE TO MICROSPORON LANOSUM
1. Clip hair as short as possible, and repeat as
often as needed until cured. This facilitates application
of local therapy and exposes small infected
foci which may be overlooked.
2. Shampoo scalp daily. This helps remove loose
infected hairs.
3. Apply a fungicide to scalp twice daily. Halfstrength
Whitfield's ointment is suggested.
4. Epilate infected patches with epilating forceps
or adhesive tape. This is most important, as
it removes the loose infected hairs. (Adhesive tape
is simple to use, quicker and more effective than
manual epilation with the forceps.)
5. The child should wear a paper cap which can
be burned or one of cloth that can be boiled. These
caps should be changed daily.
6. With kerion formation, nonspecific foreign
protein therapy intramuscularly should be employed,
as well as boric acid or potassium permanganate
compresses.
7. When there is no evidence of clinical activity
as manifested by absence of scaling, pustules or
short stumps of broken-off hairs, and two weekly
successive microscopic examinations (and, if possible,
cultures) are negative, the child can be considered
cured.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1660411/pdf/calwestmed00347-0054.pdf

ETA: That last was from the 1930's, but it still supports the idea.

Last edited:

yorkpatties

I've heard of boric acid used to treat ingrown hairs, as it lightly eats away at the skin trapping the hair in. So perhaps it's lightly wearing at the hair as well? I really don't know and haven't done any research on this, just speculating.

and yes JeterCrazed , if you don't feel those soda's burning your esophagus on the way down, you're already a goner. LOL

My Friend

*sigh*
http://www.taoofherbs.com/articles/69/Boric_Acid_Suppositories_And_Yeast_Infection.htm

From the epa.gov site you listed above::nono:

Boric acid generally is of moderate acute toxicity, and has been placed
in Toxicity Category III for most acute effects including oral and
dermal toxicity, and eye and skin irritation. Sodium tetraborate (anhydrous
borax) products have been placed in Toxicity Category I indicating a high
degree of acute toxicity for eye irritation effects.
A subchronic borax feeding study using dogs resulted in blood and
metabolism disorders as well as effects to the testes, endocrine system, brain
weight, and size ratios among various organs and glands

My Friend

All those site list Borax as a pesticide. We know that. I'm talking a site promoting human usage.

Show me a link from Mayo, WebMD, etc. Anybody can build a site :look: Just cause they have a site online does not mean I'm going to believe what they say :nono:

JeterCrazed

*sigh*

From the epa.gov site you listed above::nono:

Boric acid generally is of moderate acute toxicity, and has been placed
in Toxicity Category III for most acute effects including oral and
dermal toxicity, and eye and skin irritation. Sodium tetraborate (anhydrous
borax) products have been placed in Toxicity Category I indicating a high
degree of acute toxicity for eye irritation effects.
A subchronic borax feeding study using dogs resulted in blood and
metabolism disorders as well as effects to the testes, endocrine system, brain
weight, and size ratios among various organs and glands

DO NOT (repeat) NOT eat the boric acid!! Please read the article more closely and understand what category 3 means! Lawd.... Acetic acid is category 2 for dermal application! Higher than boric acid. You use ACV, dontcha? Stop being paranoid.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/invasivepla...de Info/EPA-Toxicity-Categories-081607ver.pdf

Calm down...jeeze...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

My Friend

DO NOT (repeat) NOT eat the boric acid!! Please read the article more closely and understand what category 3 means! Lawd.... Acetic acid is category 2 for dermal application! Higher than boric acid. You use ACV, dontcha? Stop being paranoid.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/invasivepla...de Info/EPA-Toxicity-Categories-081607ver.pdf

Calm down...jeeze...:rolleyes:

You feel the need to name call. !@#$%^&*()_*(&^%$##$%^&*) right back at ya #$^&()+(&^$#%&*)_+!!!!!!!!

So you want us to pick out certain things from the articles and not look at the warnings :perplexed

Nah son, you to hell bent on having people try your concoction for me. Go ahead, keep on trying to grow your hair long by any means necessary:yep: RIP.

natural_one

Nah son, you to hell bent on having people try your concoction for me.

It is actually my concoction, and I am not forcing it on anyone. I have already stated that everyone should do research and decide for themselves. And you have already stated you do not agree and provided your sources, so lets leave it there. There is no need for anyone to be taking it this seriously....

JeterCrazed

You feel the need to name call. !@#$%^&*()_*(&^%$##$%^&*) right back at ya #$^&()+(&^$#%&*)_+!!!!!!!!

So you want us to pick out certain things from the articles and not look at the warnings :perplexed

Nah son, you to hell bent on having people try your concoction for me. Go ahead, keep on trying to grow your hair long by any means necessary:yep: RIP.
I think you're joking because I'm laughing. *holds My Friend 's hand and looks deep into her eyes*
You're not a dog. :needhug:

Now for some seriousness...

And it's not MY concoction. This is about scalp problems. Not growing hair. You can't grow hair is fungus is eating your scalp. You've obviously not had bad scalp problems. My scalp used to look like this...

Last edited:

Guitarhero

Doctors prescribe borax capsules for vaginal yeast infection. It's used in eye rinse as well. Mucosal tissues....it's only poisonous if you ingest it.

JeterCrazed

Thanks and thanks again. I think that fact is being missed by a few....
Borax is sodium borate-a salt of boric acid. It's like saying methylparaben and isobutylparaben aren't the same. Yes, you're right, but they have the same properties like sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide.
http://www.novaccine.com/vaccine-ingredients/results.asp?sc=106
ETA: http://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/ingredient_details.php?ingredient_id=949
Sent from my HTC Inspire™

JeterCrazed

I'm Sorry, but this made my skin CRAWL something fierce! Ooohh hebe jeebes!

Whatever you had to do within safety reason, I understand!

From MyTouch 4G...On which animated Gifs may not be seen:(

Good. I'm glad it made your skin crawl. Now we can be on the same page as to whats goin on :yep: :lol:

The picture shown is an autoimmune disorder called psoriasis which can be aggravated or triggered by a fungal infection.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

southerncitygirl

JeterCrazed
one can be poisoned without ingesting something....i have a mutual friend whose relative was poisoned and died a slow death because someone intentionally put a toxin in her hand cream. your pores are like tiny mouths, anything that is put on the skin goes into the bloodstream.

natural_one

neem is another option for you to try in the future. theraneem and auromere make great neem based hair products that aren't funky from what i hear and have great results.

Last edited:

JeterCrazed

@JeterCrazed
one can be poisoned without ingesting something....i have a mutual friend whose relative was poisoned and died a slow death because someone intentionally put a toxin in her and cream. your pores are like tiny mouths, anything that is put on the skin goes into the bloodstream.

@natural_one

neem is another option for you to try in the future. theraneem and auromere make great neem based hair products that aren't funky from what i hear and have great results.

I completely understand that, but when something is considered poisonous, the meaning is that it will be ingested. "Poison" as in the adjective or noun. Not the verb "to poison." When something is harmful WITH or WITHOUT the ingesting bit, it's called a toxin or toxic. This is why crayons and acrylic paints are labels "Non-toxic" and not "non-poisonous" to be more specific. Because you're not supposed to be eating crayons, they wouldn't be labeled as "non-poisonous."...just clarifying

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
JeterCrazed
one can be poisoned without ingesting something....i have a mutual friend whose relative was poisoned and died a slow death because someone intentionally put a toxin in her and cream. your pores are like tiny mouths, anything that is put on the skin goes into the bloodstream.

natural_one

I've tried neem before and it does work as well. It just stinks so bad.:lol: Well I'm glad all of that is over for me and I hope never to have the issues I had again.

I understand people's Oh hell no comments because i felt the same way about the monistat, horse oil, downing 50000 grams of vitamins, etc and the many other things I see being done on here. I was desperate for anything at the time i heard about the borax so i researched, tried it and it worked for me but i wouldn't expect everyone to do it as I wouldn't do some things I see. I understand completely. And i would tell anyone to research and decide for yourself if this is something you would want to do to treat a scalp infection. It is not for hair growth, I strictly used it to treat a scalp infection when the meds and shampoos my doctors gave me didn't work. After the borax calmed my scalp, I started incorporating neem oil to keep my scalp free from the itches.

Pompous Blue

Pompous,
What is your recipe for the brine concoction for your hair. Thank you.

@deborah11 I'm mixing some tonight for DH. I usually eyeball everything, but I'll measure it this time and let you know. I only mix enough for one-time use.
deborah11 Here's the recipe (hair is about 7" long, natural); so for longer hair, increase the ingredients:

1/2 cup bentonite or rhassoul clay
1/4th cup aloe vera gel
1/4th cup brine

For itchy scalp - Add 1 tbsp neem oil