Twist for Growth Challenge (Fall 2011)

pookaloo83

I know how to flat twist, but when it's done on my own head my hands get cray-cray. :nono:

That is westNDNbeauty up there. I believe she did a tutorial on that style too.

Imani

Can I see some pix of some twists done on approx SL stretched hair??

LoveTheSkinImIn I'm b/t SL and APL. This is on hair that was stretched- dried in big plaits first. I'm 4b w/fine strands. They only look right pulled back bc down they are too puny/anorexic looking and I look like a child.

Attachments

• HPIM0614.jpg
    HPIM0614.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 84
  • HPIM0615.jpg
    HPIM0615.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 73
  • HPIM0616.JPG
    HPIM0616.JPG
    396.5 KB · Views: 70

Imoan

1. Your go to twist style: 2-strand twists,flat twists pin up or bun 2. Your twist care regimen: co wash and DC 1x a week, apply leave-in and moisturizing styling product, twist hair, seal ends with oil. Every other night oil scalp and seal ends, in the mornings spirtz twist diluted leave-in condish
3. What you hope to achieve by December: 3 inches and I will be MBL keep my hair healthy & strong.

discodumpling

Co-washed last night in anticipation of the takedown. The middle of my head is so dry and tangled I KNOW it's time to wash & DC! It will happen sometime within the next few days...i've got alot on my plate. I'll post again when I have a new set of twists.

faithVA

Question of the Day

My twists are still pretty short so I'm trying to get as much hang as possible. Even when I stretch my hair before twisting, my twists shrink up at night. I have kept them stretched by cornrowing them or gathering them in large braids. However, over time these cause my twists to unravel at the root.

So just trying to find other ways to stretch my twists.

What ways do you keep your twists stretched out?

If any other ladies have questions, please post them on up. It would be great to share secrets and learn from each other.

OndoGirl

Question of the Day

My twists are still pretty short so I'm trying to get as much hang as possible. Even when I stretch my hair before twisting, my twists shrink up at night. I have kept them stretched by cornrowing them or gathering them in large braids. However, over time these cause my twists to unravel at the root.

So just trying to find other ways to stretch my twists.

What ways do you keep your twists stretched out?

If any other ladies have questions, please post them on up. It would be great to share secrets and learn from each other.

Good question!! Sorry can't help though..I only have 4 inches of hair so I don't even bother:lol:.

faithVA

Good question!! Sorry can't help though..I only have 4 inches of hair so I don't even bother:lol:.

No problem OndoGirl, but one day you may be here and want to know.

I not only ask questions for myself but also for the lurkers and the people I know that will read this thread in the future. You never know what treasures come out. :grin:

OndoGirl

2 weeks and 4 days in these twists!! A record for me. These things gotta come out this week - they are waaay too fuzzy now.

Last night, I prepoo'd with tea tree oil, washed with dr bronners and conditioned with aussie moist 3 minute miracle. Man that tea tree oil is strong! My whole head was buzzing:lachen:and I smelled kinda like pinesol. Hubby said it gave him a headache:rolleyes:. Maybe I used too much...

I hope to keep my scalp free of eczema by using the dr. bronners and tea tree oil. When my scalp ain't happy nothing else matters to me. So far my scalp feels fabulous!!

OndoGirl

No problem @OndoGirl, but one day you may be here and want to know.

I not only ask questions for myself but also for the lurkers and the people I know that will read this thread in the future. You never know what treasures come out. :grin:

That is so true^^ and I am nosey, so I wanna know too :lachen:.

13StepsAhead

Hey ladies I'm still wearing week old twist. I'm away on business and will not be able to re-twist until Friday or Saturday. It's driving me crazy because I need to wash my hair.

FroFab

^^I've done that with pixie braids to keep them from getting all wonky and weird from sleeping on them and bunning. As far as twists I haven't had much luck with keeping them stretched looking.

westNDNbeauty

Lurk away @greenandchic I'm sure you don't look as childish as you think!

So... I found these inspirational photos on my computer:

@westNDNbeauty- Is this you? :look:

If I had skills, I would attempt these styles. LOL

lol. NappyNelle yup that's me in the second pic.

MaraWithLove

PaigeJessica I totally understand that! Lol is your crown the area that tangles most of all too? That's how mine is; the whole left side of my head is rarely tangled, but the side I sleep on + my crown = DRAMA (at times)!

BTW your twists are lovely, your hair looks lush! :spinning::lick::look:

Uniqzoe

I love this picture and have it saved to my computer. I have been trying to find someone to do my hair like this for months. westNDNbeauty can you hook me up? (I'll pay you!) :grin:

greenandchic

Though I'm not a part of the challenge, I did some flat twists in the front. I doubt these would last a day. :look:

I guess practice makes perfect - hopefully.

MsEveMarie

Ooo I'd like to join :) Coincidentally I started twisting the same day the challenge began anyways lol. I'm still having trouble with my twists staying tight at the root. I think I'm going to try the Miss Jessie's butter cream/ curly pudding knock off recipe.

faithVA

[USER=259402 said:
greenandchic[/USER];14241821]Though I'm not a part of the challenge, I did some flat twists in the front. I doubt these would last a day. :look:

I guess practice makes perfect - hopefully.

Did you do flat twists or two strand flat twists? The two strand flat twists last better in my experience. The flat twists have a tendency to puff more and have to be thoroughly dry before removing bobby pins or they need a nice firm gel for hold.

But they do look better with practice.

faithVA

Ooo I'd like to join :) Coincidentally I started twisting the same day the challenge began anyways lol. I'm still having trouble with my twists staying tight at the root. I think I'm going to try the Miss Jessie's butter cream/ curly pudding knock off recipe.

Welcome MsEveMarie,

Start us out with your stats please

Start by Telling Us
  1. Your go to twist style (alternatively braid style)
  2. Your twist care regimen
  3. What you hope to achieve by December
  4. Anything else you would like to share.

MsEveMarie

Welcome MsEveMarie,

Start us out with your stats please

Start by Telling Us
  1. Your go to twist style (alternatively braid style)
  2. Your twist care regimen
  3. What you hope to achieve by December
  4. Anything else you would like to share.

Sure thing :)

1. I don't really have a style, just individual box twists. I wear a wig on top of them, so I just leave em be.

2. I leave the twists in for about a month, re-twisting as necessary. I spray daily with water to moisturize and seal with olive oil. I oil my scalp daily as well. I co-wash and deep condition in them twice a week and shampoo once a month.

3. As always I hope for healthier strands and better length retention..aiming for APL/ approaching BSL :lick:

faithVA

[USER=304544 said:
MsEveMarie[/USER];14242671]Sure thing :)

1. I don't really have a style, just individual box twists. I wear a wig on top of them, so I just leave em be.

2. I leave the twists in for about a month, re-twisting as necessary. I spray daily with water to moisturize and seal with olive oil. I oil my scalp daily as well. I co-wash and deep condition in them twice a week and shampoo once a month.

3. As always I hope for healthier strands and better length retention..aiming for APL/ approaching BSL :lick:

You can be a side line challenger but this is a no wig, no weave, no extension challenge. Sorry :sad: This is for the ladies that rock twists as their every day style.