how do you apply your conditioner?

how are you applying your conditioner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BillsBackerz67

Absolutely, positively in sections. If not then there will be chunks of hair that never see a drop.
Same here. That is part of the reason why the middle section of my hair is not as healthy as the rest of my hair, becasue I was not applying it in sections as my hair grew out.

A_Christian

In sections

I take small sections and start from my ends working my way up to the roots; Since the ends have been around longer I like the thought of the conditioner being on the ends longer.

Once I get to my roots I apply the conditioner in the same way that a relaxer would be applied and "smoothe" the conditioner into the roots to make sure that all of my hair is covered (This also helps the roots to be easy to comb through after rinsing).

tri3nity

Same here. That is part of the reason why the middle section of my hair is not as healthy as the rest of my hair, becasue I was not applying it in sections as my hair grew out.

ITA! Even before I joined LHCF I was parting in sections because I felt as if my stylist was not :nono: paying enough attention to the crown and middle section of my hair. Hence the thinning!

Blkprincess

I always apply conditioners in sections, most of the time using the applicator brush that I would use for touch-ups or coloring my mom's grays. I cannot afford to miss any areas

my-my

I have to apply any product in sections to get it on my hair evenly and not miss spots. When I apply conditioner I always make sure to put some extra on the ends since they can use the TLC.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
When 'm 6+ weeks post I use my applcator bottle in sections and then massage it in. When i'm freshly relaxed Iapply it with my fingers like I'm greasing my scalp.

CenteredGirl

1/4 condish and 3/4 distilled water in a spray bottle. Spray each section lightly. I have learned the hard way that too much conditioner on my hair causes breakage.

KiSseS03

I wash my hair in 6-8 plaits; there is no taking down the plaits until I'm ready to detangle my hair after dc'ing. So I just slather conditioner on each of my braids, surprisingly the conditioner is able to penetrate all of the strands via the heat from my dc. To get the hair closest to the roots I sometimes use an applicator bottle.

Salsarisma

I just rub mine in from root to tips and then put a little extra on the ends. I don't think my hair is long enough to necessitate applying conditioner in sections. *Big sigh** I wish it were though.