Chime straightens hair after 7 years natural

Dove56

Thanks! I looked up the ingredients list, and found this compound, ranked eleventh on the list:
DMDM hydantoin

According to Wikipedia:

Her hair is cute, but I'll pass. :ohwell:

That ingredient is in serums hairs, hair moisturizers, conditioners, body lotions you name it.

Mahogony7

Blow drys without a DC!!!!!! Flat iron without heat protectants!!!!! Cuts before flat irons!!!!! This video sounds like a culmination of my fears manifested. Nonetheless I Stan for Chimes hair and it probably looks great.

xmsxtashax

Has she had a nose job? She's a very pretty girl but her nose reminds me of that one guy from the show dexter.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I coulda swore that I unsubscribed from her channel after she did a video ranting bout how heat was the devil and naturals should question why they even have a desire to straighten their hair. But that video has magically disappeared.

Oh the difference a sponsorship makes.

Her hair looks nice though.

SweetlyCurly

I wonder if she DCed but didn't include it in the video because whatever she may have used wasn't part of the kit.
Her hair came out beautiful. I'd have to see more testimonials of this and the long term effects. I'm a bit weary of anything that leaves your hair that straight. If it actually works the way she claims without any lasting effects it's definitely something to consider.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Her hair is gorgeous, but I'm still kind of speechless that she let them blow dry and flat iron without doing a DC LOL.
I wonder how much they paid her to play such reindeer games.

Lmao at reindeer games.
Get that $$ chime.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

nlamr2013

I coulda swore that I unsubscribed from her channel after she did a video ranting bout how heat was the devil and naturals should question why they even have a desire to straighten their hair. But that video has magically disappeared.

Oh the difference a sponsorship makes.

Her hair looks nice though.

Or maybe she genuinely had a change 9th heart? Lol

I would not use this system one of the monroe sisters has reverted her hair and her curls look looser but she said the coating lasts for 6 weeks so maybe that's why. Also they chose women with already loose textured hair chime, mo, and the monroe sisters have fairly looser hair anyway. They did also use (I can't remember her name but she has the cute lil gap, and is also heavy into makeup) and her hair definitely wasn't as straight as the others she also washed her hair that same day.

Mahogony7

I have no problem with youtubers changing their tune as long as they say why they did it. When you start deleting or hiding vids that's when I give you the side eye.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I wonder if she DCed but didn't include it in the video because whatever she may have used wasn't part of the kit.
Her hair came out beautiful. I'd have to see more testimonials of this and the long term effects. I'm a bit weary of anything that leaves your hair that straight. If it actually works the way she claims without any lasting effects it's definitely something to consider.

i wonder too? i found that in order to get the best, lightest flat iron, i deep condition a few days before. then on wash day, i shampoo, apply a light cleansing conditioner ONLY, and apply my heat protectant and flat iron. if i skip the 3-4 day prior treatment, then i deep treat my hair overnight with oils in a prepoo that gets shampooed out. i find a deep conditioner after the shampoo coats my hair too much.

i think her hair looks nice. as far at the sponsorship. i say so what? i'm not mad at her or any other 'hair enthusiast" turned "hair model". she turned her passion into cash flow:yep:

.... shooooooot Jared got rich off of sandwiches and weight loss...:lol:

i can be happy that we are FINALLY being paid to celebrate our hair in a healthy state.....companies are finally making products for our hair that answer the need for health before style and encouraging our women to get out in the front and get compensated for their unique style...relaxed, curly, or whatever. Revlon has been making white women with long hair rich for years. i am glad that a sister can get some of that cash now. i celebrate her and the others like her. :yep:

now all that said...i'm not putting that formaldehyde step sister in my hair...but that's another matter altogether:lachen:

CaraWalker

i wouldnt use it for the simple fact that the best products dont need to advertise and i am naturally suspicious of such naked bids for advertisement

PureSilver

Her hair came out lovely but no thank you. I got similar results over the weekend with DE silkening spray on 2'' of NG

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Isn't this similar to a keratin treatment? I am one who cannot get a silky flat iron without help. I need tips on products that aid me in doing so without damaging ingredients!

Last edited:

Misseyl

Her hair is beautiful before and after. That's something I'll look into once I reach my goal. (maybe)

BostonMaria

It looks really pretty but her hair seems shorter. I thought she had whip length hair. Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

Maybe I've been on the forum too long cuz I was thinking the same thing LOL her hair is BEAUTIFUL but I was expecting the shrinkage to turn into tailbone length hair.

I'm going to run to Sally's and buy this stupid product LOL