You Will Not Surely Die...Lie

Rainbow Dash

You Will Not Surely Die

Stephen Kingery

Do you remember the conversation between Eve and the serpent as he tempted her in the garden? Do you recall the cunning he used to trick her into believing that she could disobey God, and get away with it? Do you still remember the command that God had given to Adam and Eve concerning the tree of knowledge? Do you realize that the serpent -- Satan -- is still doing the same thing to us today?

We know from reading Scripture that God was correct and truthful. Adam and Eve did die. On the day that they ate of the fruit they died spiritually. They were no longer able to be in the presence of God on a daily basis. And eventually they died physically.

How does all of this compare to the lies that Satan tells people today concerning God and His Word? Does Satan try to trick us today into believing lies? Anyone who is trying to live a Christian life knows that the answer to this question is YES. Does Satan work through false teachers to try to confuse people into believing that the Scriptures say things that they don't? YES! Does Satan work through false teachers to misrepresent the Word of God, to twist His Word to mean lies, and deceive good honest people into not obeying the full gospel of Jesus Christ? You better believe it! Again, let's look at specifics.

But listen to what Jesus said, "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13-14) "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." (Matthew 7:21)

Another lie that Satan is spreading all across the world today is that all you have to do to be a Christian is believe on the Lord Jesus and say the sinner's prayer and you will be saved. Salvation is more than reciting a prayer. It involves belief in Jesus as the Christ, repentance, confession that Jesus is our Lord and Savior, baptism by immersion and a life of faithfulness. Sometimes when I think of the millions of people who have heard and believe this lie, I just want to cry.

Another lie which Satan has made popular today is the one that simply says that there are many roads to heaven. Again, lets consider what the Bible has to say about this issue, "I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to have a walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of pease. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." (Ephesians 4:1-6) This certainly sounds like there is just one "road" to heaven. If there were many ways or by many different doctrines, why did Paul not tell us so. Instead Paul tells us, through this passage, that there is "one body" (the true church) and "one faith" (one set of truths which form Christian belief).

Don't fall for the lies of Satan. Stay in God's Word so you will be strong enough to resist.

Last edited:

LucieLoo12

The biggest trick of the enemy is deception. Thats why the bible say his people perish for a lack of knowledge....

MSee

The biggest trick of the enemy is deception. Thats why the bible say his people perish for a lack of knowledge....

That verse also points out 'because they rejected knowledge'. (Hosea 4:6)
God has certainly provided us with much knowledge through the written word, the Holy Spirit, answer to prayers and other Christians who esteem the truth. Sadly many no longer want to know the truth or some just don't want to take the time and ask God what is the truth. They just reject His provision and accept deception. I shouldn't say 'they', for God knows I've faced my share of consequences due to deception. I'm grateful for forgiveness and certainly would not want to see anyone else deceived, but sad to say there are some who still refuse to listen to the warnings of one who already fell and know better.