Hair short in front, long in back (pics)

kittiekat

Anyone else have/had this issue?

I believe my hair has always grown in this pattern. I am almost apl stretched (i am not a natural, i just rarely flat iron) in the back but the front and sides never seem to grow past a certain point. This makes the overall look of my hair short and thin. When I used to get trims -ahem- CUTS in the salon, :look: the back would grow back more than the front. I no longer get trims and have reached longer lengths in the back but my front and sides just do not want to catch up!

Any advice on what to do?

Attachments

• hair_length_in_back.jpg
    hair_length_in_back.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 105
  • hair_length_in_front.jpg
    hair_length_in_front.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 104

NIN4eva

Yep, I'm right there with you. I used to think it was because of ponytails (faux and my own) but I've cut those out (I haven't worn a phony pony in YEARS) and the front and my sides just do not catch up.

I'm thinking of only touching them up every other touch up like I've been doing with my edges and nape. It seems to be helping in those areas, but even when I was natural I had the front and sides issue.

Americka

My hair is like this. My hair is a different texture in the front and sides than in the crown and back. Once I realized this and began to relax them for short periods of time, I am now retaining more length in these areas. What was once too short to tuck behind my ear, is now shoulder length. My one and half inch bang now reaches my bottom lip. Observe your hair, address its issues, and then have patience. HTH!

yasluvsme

Ditto with this problem. I've used castor oil and wigging. it helps a bit. Also make sure to protect your sides if u sleep on your side.. I had a lot of breakage this way even with satin/silk scarves.

PPGbubbles

My hair is like this but it is not totally a bad thing! When you are growing hair out it is going to fall unevenly unless you trim it even....think about it.....

The back of your head is at a lower point than the center so of course it will hand longer in the back... and the same goes for the back of your head in relation to the front.

A better determining factor is too look at the actual length or your hair strands all over...if it is pretty much the same all over you dont have a problem. If you notice different lengths strands you need to begin trouble shooting and seeing where and why the breakage is occurring.