Progress!

Goldn

let me begin by thanking all of you for the wealth of info you've shared over the years. I appreciate all of your help through this journey.

I'm an lhcf lurker but now that I've come pretty far in my journey I want to show you guys how much you've helped.

Relaxed/flat iron abuse days:

Long story short: I had pretty resilient strands that could withstand occasional texlaxing, weekly high temp flat ironing and bleach but post partum shedding was the last straw. After I had my boo bear I lost patches near the nape. I had no choice but to transition. I transitioned for a year and chopped after the density difference became too noticeable.

Thanks again for all your help guys.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Oooh, I love the shape of your hair! Awesome progress, you look so cute pregnant! :grin:

Goldn

Now Goldn... You know good and well you can't post pictures like that in here and don't post a reggie... don't even play!

I'm actually kinda embarrassed to post a Reggie because mine breaks most of the natural hair Cardinal rules:

1. I suck at twisting and braiding so I mostly do wash and goes. I just lack the coordination to flat twist and get a really nice twist out so I just wash and go about every 3 days. It used to be once weekly but I started working out more heavily and I needed to really get the sweaty buildup out of my head so I increased the frequency to every 3 days.

I also use shampoo. Yep, dollar store sulfate packed shampoo. Usually 1x a week after I've worked out all week. Ion care what yall say, if you're in the gym and really sweating it out, sometimes co washing just doesn't get all the gunk up. So I will use sulfate shampoo with ACV directly on my scalp to scrub the buildup off. It strips my hair but I DC right after.

2. For wash and goes I use Tresemme naturals as my cowash and leave in and top it with Coconut oil. Sometimes I add a little Eco styler to individual curls if I notice some frizzy areas, but not all over my whole head.

3. About every two weeks I'll do a halo twist to protect my hair for a few days. Before I got in the gym it would last a week, now it lasts 3-4 days before its a frizzy mess.

4. Finger detangling unless I'm doing the halo twist. When I twist/"really style" my hair, I use seamless combs, a seamless rat tail, and my denman to smooth but that's only if I'm really doing something big like flexi rodding, blow out or flat iron.

5. Straighten 3-4x a year with a -cone DC before hand for heat protection (usually Joico moisture recovery). I don't feel comfortable cutting my hair curly so I trim 2-3x a year when it's straight.

6. Wear a bonnet at night

7. DC with whatever is handy. Right now I'm using Camille Rose Naturals AlHad renew DC. Sometimes I use Shea naturals, sometimes GPB. Just whatever is on sale and strikes my fancy. I DC with heat for 20 mins every 2-3 weeks.

8. Protein treatments when I see small curlies breaking in my hands. That only happens two or three times a year and that's when I grab the Aphogee 2 step.