Do you wear a bonnet/scarf/stocking at night?

What do you usually wear on your head at night?

• A bonnet

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • A scarf

Votes: 49 43.0%
  • Stocking cap (tight)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some other hair covering

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • No hair covering, but I bind my hair some way (ponytails, braids, etc.)

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • I don't do anything to my hair when I go to sleep

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • It varies quite a bit

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BillsBackerz67

BillsBackerz67 Do you use a satin pillowcase? Your wash and gos look great so I was curious.
nope! lol im bad. i just put my hair in two pig tails or a loose ponytail before bed. when i shower,i take the ponytails out the last 2 minutes to let some steam get to it and its back to normal once i get out. thank you :kiss:

Last edited:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Lately nope and surprise surprise my hair is still on my head lol. In fact my edges seem to be fuller than when I wore scarves all the time, less tension, I guess.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have satin scarves, bonnets, pillowcases, and even a durag type thing :lol: I keep a spare in my purse just in case I sleep away from home :blush:

Amarilles

Not anymore no, I wear a polyester headband if I want the edges to maintain, but I don't think I need to cover my entire head. My hair doesn't tangle or break with or without a bonnet, so why wear it. I'm considering a silk pillowcase just because, but eh.

NicoleSelah

I wear a scarf at night because I don't like my hair to be all over the place in the morning. And if I do it in a particular style I want my hair to stay in place so I use a scarf.

CodeRed

I chose "It varies quite a bit" because I have a satin pillowcase so I don't worry about wearing anything for hair protection... But if I have oil on my scalp/hair and I'm too lazy to co-wash out I'll wear a plastic cap/bag on my head to protect my pillow. Same with a deep treatment. I never know when I'm going to get lazy so it just randomly happens :lol:

claudzie

Strolling with Unicorns
These days I can't be bothered to put a scarf on my head so i wrap it on my pillow and lie on it

FollicleFanatic

90% of the time I'm wearing a scarf to bed and sleep on a satin pillowcase. I only really expose my hair if I'm going out somewhere, SO is used to it.
I give him permission to touch it bc he's scared to mess it up and incur my wrath lol. When I sleep over he has my pillowcase ready on my side and reminds me to tie it up if I forget. I have trained him well :look:

CluelessJL

I tried a scarf and a bonnet but I think I sleep too restlessly - they either came off or my hair got really dishevelled. Now I just use satin pillowcases and put my hair in two twists.

nyeredzi

I don't wear anything on my head. I tried for about a year or so, after being on the hair boards for a while. I thin silk scarf. I was not convinced it made any difference. I also don't have silk or satin pillowcases, I dislike the feel of sleeping on such things. Really it doesn't seem to make a difference for my hair. I just put it in a ponytail and tuck the ends under to keep it from tangling. Or if it's already in twists, or some other protective style, I don't have to do anything and just go to sleep.

spacetygrss

I sleep on a satin pillow case and cover my hair in either a silk bonnet or satin head scarf.
My husband is completely use to it and will pick up satin pillow cases or scarves when he sees them on sale. I love him. :)

AwesomelyNappy

for the last two years i have been slacking with my hair regimens, so my answer should be "it varies" as I have been forgetting to put anything on, but my go to is a bonnet. A scarf is a close second but no matter how i tie it, they end up off my head before morning.

kandake

I wear a scarf on most nights to maintain styles and simply to cover my hair because I usually have some type of oil or moisturizer on it. I don't want that stuff on my pillow. I do have a satan pillow case but to be honest, I don't like it. It's not breathable and usually makes me sweat more than I already do.

toinette

Tricking the president
a scarf alone or a bonnet with a scarf tied over it but i sleep alone. When I get married, there will be no scarves or bonnets. Just satin/silk pillowcases and pineapples, high buns with some kind of satiny headband around my edges.

ladybug71

I have satin pillow cases and I use a scarf. Sometimes the scarf comes off my head.

^^This. I tie my hair in a scarf sometimes, but I use a satin pillowcase every night. Scarves are usually on the floor by morning and the pillowcase is my backup. I don't do bonnets for sleeping.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I don't wear my bonnet in public but thought was to cute

Attachments

• image-3624179910.jpg
    image-3624179910.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 36

Honey Bee

I grew up wearing stocking caps, then graduated to stealing my mother's silk scarves. :look:

I knew it was true love when SO woke me up one night to put my scarf on. I had fallen asleep watching tv. I love that man. :love3: