Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had Cinnamon toast crunch and sugar free almond milk for breakfast. I'm getting ready to eat a grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies for lunch. I really want a yeast roll, but I gotta be strong :blush:

xu93texas

After posting earlier in this thread, I did a cardio workout for 35 minutes. I'm prepping my dinner now. I'm having grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, and cucumber/tomato salad. For lunch, I'm having a protein bar and 16 oz of remaining green smoothie from breakfast. Snacks are Greek yogurt and a 100 calorie pack of walnuts and almonds.

naptime

Snowed in again today, but still got my workout in. Did p90x ab ripper, and also the chest, shoulders and tricep tape for the first time. It's really hard! I realize that as I've gotten older I've lost some upper body tone, so I'm changing my ratio of cardio to strength workouts.

For dinner I'm going to make a turkey meatloaf with mashed cauliflower. I found a recipe that tastes very close to mashed potatoes!

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Current Length: APL
2015 Goal Length: MBL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Transitioning
Hair type: 3c/4a
How you will achieve goal: PS, Wig, Mane Vitamins

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 210.3
Goal Weight: 135
Current Dress Size: 14
Goal Size: 6
How you will achieve goal: GetBodiedbyJ, kickboxing, clean eating, diets, cardio.

xu93texas

naptime,
Can you share your recipe for mashed cauliflower?

I really love potatoes, so giving them up is hard. I would love to try your recipe.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Dh made coconut and lime salmon and I made spinach salad and brussel sprouts. It was yummy. I'm proud of myself for eating clean all day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-02-19-13-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-02-19-13-53.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 35
Hey ladies, I'd like to join this. I'm currently trying to lose weight and I BC'd in June 2014.

Current Length: ear length/neck length
2015 Goal Length: neck/shoulder length
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
Hair type: 4a/b
How you will achieve goal: sulfur oil, vits and supplements, baggying, protective and low-maintenance styles.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 191
Goal Weight: 160
Current Dress Size: 14
Goal Size: no specific size just want to like the way I look.
How will you achieve goal: walking, cardio, strength training, healthy eating, periodic cleanses and fasts.

Ajna

Snowed in again today, but still got my workout in. Did p90x ab ripper, and also the chest, shoulders and tricep tape for the first time. It's really hard! I realize that as I've gotten older I've lost some upper body tone, so I'm changing my ratio of cardio to strength workouts.

For dinner I'm going to make a turkey meatloaf with mashed cauliflower. I found a recipe that tastes very close to mashed potatoes!

P90X is tough!! So far I have never made it past three sessions...I keep looking at the box like work through osmosis work though osmosis lol

Keep up the good work.

Ajna

I did well most of the day - coffee no sugar, chicken and veggies for lunch, protein bar lots of water...ran for 45 minutes ...then i fell off the wagon and had two salted dark chocolate turtles and like ten ritz crackers

I think when I get tired I start craving sugar in any form so chocolate, bread, pasta, etc.
Tomorrow I am going to make sure I eat more often

ronie

Moisturized and sealed my hair PBN MMM and MHC buttery soy cream. I should wash my hair, but I have to work tonight and tomorrow night. So I am bunning until the weekend for an overdue wash day.
I just did 1 hour body works class at the gym. This instructor kicked our behind today. I had raisin bran almond with 1% milk for breakfast. 64 oz of water so far. About to have some more cereal and milk. Will have left over turkey and mixed vegetables for dinner. At work later I will have some brown rice snaps and a yogurt as snacks. I only need 16 more ounces of water but I will probably drink more.
Scale today: 152lbs.
Good job ladies. Prettymetty this meal looks so good. I need to get some fish in my life. I have been on a turkey rage lately.

Royalq

Hair Goals
Current Length:BSL
2015 Goal Length: WL (gotta dream big:lol:)
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: au naturale
Hair type:4 whatever it feels like that day
How you will achieve goal: Kinky twists until may. Then pampering and doing what im supposed to.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight:145
Goal Weight:130
Current Dress Size:8/10
Goal Size:4/6
How you will achieve goal: Clean eating, low carb, exercise 4x a week.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This is my second day without bread and I feel better/less bloated. I was 165 this morning. My next goal is to get under 160. Cutting down on carbs should make losing weight super easy.

xu93texas

So true about the bread. I ate clean yesterday, no carbs and I got on the scale this morning-lost 4 pounds that I gained last week. I was bloated b/c of my cycle and the fact that I ate too much bread and junk food.

ronie

So true about the bread. I ate clean yesterday, no carbs and I got on the scale this morning-lost 4 pounds that I gained last week. I was bloated b/c of my cycle and the fact that I ate too much bread and junk food.
I am happy for you. Now stay away from the junk food.

ronie

My day was good, but now I have to go through the night. Pray for me I make it with only my snacks then go straight to bed after a shower in the morning.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My baby boy has been up since 3am. I am going to need some industrial strength coffee in the morning

davisbr88

You all are doing so well! Congrats on the losses/achievements so far!
Low carb definitely IS easy - I lost 33 lbs on it in like 4 months, but I (obviously) didn't maintain. Once I started trying to integrate them back in, I ended up binging!

I am STILL sore from Sunday's boot camp workout so I haven't done another yet, but I will probably get on that tonight.

I've transitioned from the Weight Watchers plan to Weigh Down instead. It's a spiritual-based program that I had a lot of success with when I was 13. I've always been overweight (since at least 5 years old), but when I was following it, I had a much better relationship with God and food. I lost all I needed to lose at the time and I kept it off for 2 years until I went to high school and started eating any and everything all the time - one of the disadvantages of being friends with mostly taller girls with naturally fast metabolisms! Even my closest friends now fit this profile!
They would eat whatever, whenever, and in huge quantities and still look great. I'd look at a plate of fries and gain 5 lbs.
I haven't tried the Weigh Down approach since, but I am finding that it works really well if I really listen to my body. The simply filling technique wasn't working because I was filling up alright (i.e. eating the "good" foods like feeding time at the zoo). For me, it doesn't seem to matter what I eat as long as I am actually hungry and stop when I am actually full (which requires significantly less food than most portions found at restaurants), and that's something I learned through Weigh Down.

ronie

You all are doing so well! Congrats on the losses/achievements so far! Low carb definitely IS easy - I lost 33 lbs on it in like 4 months, but I (obviously) didn't maintain. Once I started trying to integrate them back in, I ended up binging! I am STILL sore from Sunday's boot camp workout so I haven't done another yet, but I will probably get on that tonight. I've transitioned from the Weight Watchers plan to Weigh Down instead. It's a spiritual-based program that I had a lot of success with when I was 13. I've always been overweight (since at least 5 years old), but when I was following it, I had a much better relationship with God and food. I lost all I needed to lose at the time and I kept it off for 2 years until I went to high school and started eating any and everything all the time - one of the disadvantages of being friends with mostly taller girls with naturally fast metabolisms! Even my closest friends now fit this profile! They would eat whatever, whenever, and in huge quantities and still look great. I'd look at a plate of fries and gain 5 lbs. I haven't tried the Weigh Down approach since, but I am finding that it works really well if I really listen to my body. The simply filling technique wasn't working because I was filling up alright (i.e. eating the "good" foods like feeding time at the zoo). For me, it doesn't seem to matter what I eat as long as I am actually hungry and stop when I am actually full (which requires significantly less food than most portions found at restaurants), and that's something I learned through Weigh Down.
Loll @ looking at a plate of fries and gaining 5lbs. Some people just have it harder than others, but we'll get there too. The weigh down sounds like a great approach to food. My biggest problem is that I can be full and satisfied, but for some odd reason, my twisted mind keeps telling me to go make a peanut butter sandwich and have a glass of juice.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
davisbr88 that's the thing about carbs and sugar...The more you eat them, the more your body craves them. It's a catch 22. Lord knows I love pizza, pasta and any kind of bread.

When I was trying to get into the military I lost 15lbs in a month with low carb. I allowed myself one serving of bread or potatoes per day. I loaded up on meat, veggies and fruit. Pretty much I'm doing that right now!

cynd

May I join please? I am totally disgusted with myself these days. The few things I can still squeeze into look like sausage casings on me. I have no idea what I'll do when it gets warmer and I don't have the security of my coat. I don't think I've ever been this out of control. I'll be back with my details.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Aww cynd :bighug: I am right there with you. I look like playdoh in most of my clothes :rofl:

In a few short weeks I will have lost about 10lbs and I can start wearing my clothes again. I'm pretty much in sweats and leggings daily (the only thing that fits).

davisbr88

Good luck, Prettymetty! It definitely works, and I wish you all the best! I pray you have better willpower than me! :lachen:

cynd: Welcome! And please don't feel disgusted with yourself. This is something you CAN change! And we're all here to help each other!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have so much work around the house that I won't have time to exercise until the kids are in bed. Dh is at work until 11 and I'm here with all 4 kids. I am on my third load of laundry. I still have to sort, fold/hang, cook dinner, clean the kitchen and have them in bed by 830.

I started my cycle today so that explains the bizarre weight gain I had. I probably shouldn't weigh again until it is over...