Hide Your Hair 2015

ida2

a. Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Natural

b. Current Hair Length: 2 inches

c. Hair Length Goal: SL

d. How many inches needed to reach hair length goal? 10

e. Regimen: Wash bi-weekly and lightly oil scalp.

f. Braids/Locs/Twists/Buns/Weaves/Wigs? Braids

g. How long will you be in the challenge? Year

Attachments

• IMG_20140912_183843350.jpg
    IMG_20140912_183843350.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

trclemons

If that is a current photo in your siggy, you do not need 10 inches to reach SL. You are probably 3 or 4 inches away from your goal.

I love the thickness of your fro!

iLurk

Here's some pics of my newest wig not sure if I wanna keep it so I havent done any alterations to it yet.

HisBestFriend

trclemons

Thanks so much. I'm not ready to wear my hair on its own just yet. I'm in for 6 months but may end up going for an entire year. I went for two years before and like an idiot relaxed my hair at the end of the two years.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I will freshen up my mini braids tomorrow so I can post a starting pic. I can't flat iron to save my life and I don't go to a salon, so I've decided all of my updates will be done on mini braids hopefully the update pix will show my progress throughout the year.

Evolving78

I really feel like washing and deep conditioning my hair today. But I decided to just moisturize and seal instead. I will wash in two days. I do need to wash my wigs.

Has anyone in here gone a year with hiding their hair? How did things work out? I have been hiding my hair since some time in August. I wore it out once in Sept? When my crown gains more length, I may wear a bun in the summer.

trclemons

I really feel like washing and deep conditioning my hair today. But I decided to just moisturize and seal instead. I will wash in two days. I do need to wash my wigs.

Has anyone in here gone a year with hiding their hair? How did things work out? I have been hiding my hair since some time in August. I wore it out once in Sept? When my crown gains more length, I may wear a bun in the summer.
I hid my hair under wigs all last year. Sunday thru Friday, I wore wigs and if I had to go anywhere on Saturdays, I put on a turban. My hair did really well which is why I wanted to continue hiding again this year.

trclemons

Cute TWA, but I still think you're less than 10" away from SL. You will probably be there in 5-6 inches. I can't wait to watch you grow!

EnExitStageLeft

@trclesmons

a. Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning?

FINALLY NATURAL :happydance:

b. Current Hair Length:

SL

c. Hair Length Goal:

BSL

d. How many inches needed to reach hair length goal?

Between 6-7

e. Regimen:

Currently under a strict wigging regi. I get my hair cornrolled for 4 weeks at a time. I wash every two weeks.

1st Two Week Wash (In Cornrolls):

Shampoo w/ a moisturizing Shampoo
DC w/ heat using a balancing deep conditioner (a mixture of moisture & light protein), seal w/ hempseed oil
Detangle/oil rinse
Lightly blow out my leave out
Moisturize/Seal
Style....DONE!

2nd BiMonthly Wash (Remove Cornroll in preparation for new Set):

Remove Cornrolls
Prepoo w/ a mixture of V05 and Coconut Oil
Shampoo w/ Redken Cleansing Cream
Protein Treatment
DC w/ Steam using a Moisturizing Conditioner, seal in w/ Hempseed oil
Detangle/Oil Rinse
Blow Dry entire head
Get my hair re-braided
DONE!

Daily Maintenance:

I will moisturize/seal my hair 3-5 times a week.

f. Braids/Locs/Twists/Buns/Weaves/Wigs?

Wigs

g. How long will you be in the challenge?

I will be a 12 month challenger. I will follow this regi until I reach my goal.

h. Post your starting pic:

Front Shot:

my first natural blow out.jpg

Back Shot:

length 2015 FULLY NATURAL.jpg

This is a blow out.

trclemons

EnExitStageLeft

I read your threats of BCing in the Transitioning thread, so congratulations!!!

BTW: I heard your picture talking to me and it said, "Don't hate me because my hair is thick". But I do anyway :evil::grin:

Firstborn2

I couldn't resize my starting pic so I put it in my Avi instead. It's my natural hair in mini braids this is how I'm wearing my hair for the entire year and how I will do my updates.

FollicleFanatic

Natural

b. Current Hair Length: BSB, grazing BSL

c. Hair Length Goal: full MBL

d. Products Being used: random products in trying to use up, will mention when I use things in regular rotation and staples

e. Regimen:

Henna monthly
Shampoo/cowash as needed
Alternate protein/moisture DC weekly/biweekly
Moisturize under wigs
Baby ends

f. Wigs, half wigs and maybe braids extensions or crochet braids if the wigs get too hot in the summer

g. How long will you be in the challenge? All year
h. Post your starting pic:

Attachments

• IMG_20141231_221145.jpg
    IMG_20141231_221145.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 47

Firstborn2

I bought a few donuts bun holders today from the 99cent store. I'm going to wrapped them in satin first so I won't get any snagging.

Queensheba88

shortdub78 i hid my hair under wigs 90% of last year and only because i wanted to try braids and a sew in. I retained every inch of hair that grew out my head last year and my hair has retained more this year then it ever has in any of my hair journeys.And i contribute that tho my simple regime and wigs. I will continue to wig it up until i get to apl.

k_enitan

b. Current Hair Length: Ear Length (4-6 inches)
c. Hair Length Goal: Full Shoulder length
d. How many inches needed to reach hair length goal? 6-8 Inches
e. Regimen: Oil my scalp, wash as needed, deep condition heavily between protective styles. Also joining the gym, eating healthier and taking multivitamins
f. Braids/Locs/Twists/Buns/Weaves/Wigs? Crotchet braids, Braids/twists extensions and scarves. Previously used wigs but messed up my edges.
g. How long will you be in the challenge? All year, can't rock my hair out because of the edges
h. Post your starting pic:20141231_092534 (2).jpg

trclemons

b. Current Hair Length: Ear Length (4-6 inches)
c. Hair Length Goal: Full Shoulder length
d. How many inches needed to reach hair length goal? 6-8 Inches
e. Regimen: Oil my scalp, wash as needed, deep condition heavily between protective styles. Also joining the gym, eating healthier and taking multivitamins
f. Braids/Locs/Twists/Buns/Weaves/Wigs? Crotchet braids, Braids/twists extensions and scarves. Previously used wigs but messed up my edges.
g. How long will you be in the challenge? All year, can't rock my hair out because of the edges
h. Post your starting pic:View attachment 292567
Welcome! I am style challenged, so please share pictures of your different hairstyles to help a sista out. :grin:

trclemons

I have had my twists in for 11 days and I had to replace one in the back, where my looser texture is. I will have to be more careful of how I handle that area when I moisturize and seal.

I also wanted to keep my nightly regimen of baggying and I have been able to do so by replacing my plastic cap with Saran Wrap. So other than having to replace that one twist, things are going great so far.

k_enitan

Welcome! I am style challenged, so please share pictures of your different hairstyles to help a sista out. :grin:

I am style challenged as well!!

I installed my first set of Crotchet braids,using Marley hair, the first weekend of the year....I learnt a lot with this installation, so hopefully subsequent installations will be smoother (I intend to use crotch braids as my primary protective style in 2015)

Before

2015-01-12 14.27.03.jpg

After Curling
ForumRunner_20150112_140906.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150112_141246.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150112_141246.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

HisBestFriend

I realized that I put 6" as my goal. That goal is actually for the entire year. I intend to spend the next 6 months in wigs and then I don't know what protective style I will change to after that. I am thinking crotchet braids with Marley Hair. I really love the you tube videos that I have seen of this style.

trclemons

I did a sponge co-wash today with Trader Joe's Citrus Conditioner and my hair and scalp were so grateful. I will do the LOC method in about 30 minutes and gel down the loose hairs in the morning.

At the end of the month, I will take out the Senegalese twists and give my hair a good washing. I can't wait!