***2015 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge***

maxineshaw

Count me in. I have actually been deep conditioning on the regular for the past several months. This is what I am currently using:

Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Hair Treatment
Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
Dudley's DRC 28

I have a Gold N Hot soft bonnet dryer (the portable kind that looks...odd when you use it:lol:). I have been DC'ing for about half an hour each time.

I am not particularly product loyal, but I have been using the Aphogee for seven years, on and off. It is my go-to regular protein conditioner. The other two have potential, but I'm not going to call them staples until I get to the bottom of the bottle.

Anyhow, I am thinking of attempting to shift my products to a black owned company and Dudley's is my first choice right now. Hoping it works out.

ETA: I forgot to add how my hair responds...my hair has been in a much nicer condition since I have been consistenly deep conditioning. The last time I used the Aphogee, I didn't apply product to it after rinsing it out for about an hour. My hair felt so soft and silky, not like an artificial coating or anything.

Consistency is king.:yep:

Last edited:

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
Froreal3... I'm in!!!! DominicanBrazilian82 was my old screen name. Same me, new name!!!

I DC 1-2x weekly with a host of different stuff! I usually DC with heat for at least a 1/2 hr, but sometimes the steam in the shower for 10 minutes must suffice! If I do in shower DC it's always with an ultra moisturizing line like Silicon Mix or SSI. Protein DC every other week.

Daernyris

I dc'd overnight with yesterday with J Monique's Irish Moss and Cocoa DC. My hair was soft, shiny and very defined. Most importantly for me no tangles

natstar

I am in!!!

My hair seems to be thriving with the Shea Moisture Yucca mask but I need a truly moisturizing conditioner.... so please note any recommendations will be highly appreciated.

for reference, I stumbled on the old Nexxus Humectress a while back and my hair was in love with it... it was sheer perferction; as a leave-in, as a DC (with oils). Also I used Aubrey Honeysuckle some years back and it was okay for a while but it began to feel heavy and clog up my pores. AOGPB was okay but I think with the shea moisture that would be too much protein.

My hair is 4b/c, low density, fine brittle strands and most importantly highly sensitive scalp that does not tolerate a lot of oils/heavy products.

I LOVED the old formula :(

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Deep conditioning "her" with Elasta Qp anti breakage serum right now. I also put some aloe, peppermint and rosemary on my scalp to treat her as well. I'll be back to post how she liked it.

Eta. She loved it. She is shiny like glass right now. I concentrated the protein serum on the ends since I have been using heat lately.

Last edited:

sharifeh

I'm joining!! I will be DCing with each wash. I like Qhemet Moringa and Silk Dreams Shea What and of course Sitrinillah as well

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm in. I experimented with 2x weekly deep conditioning this month to see if I could fit it in my schedule and it was a major hit for me. I'll post the current conditioner I'm using when I get home.

TraciChanel

FroReal, I'm in! And thank you so much for the mention. I need to keep up my dc regimen. I dc'ed last night under the heat cap for an hour. I used QH super cholesterol. My hair came out nice and curly/wavy. I'm still wearing wet buns in the winter. Works for me.

Happy holidays, ladies. I will check in at my next dc.

CodeRed

Going to layer soybean oil over light protein conditioner and aloe vera gel under a steamer for 15 minutes.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Thanks for the tag! I'm still in. I want to get back to weekly DCs. I do primarily overnight, but I have a mastex heat cap for when I can't.

My favorite DCs right now are moisturizing with light protein, and a creamy medium consistency (not too thick or thin):
- CJ Repair Me
- Hairveda Acai Phyto Berry Keratin
- Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk
- Aubrey Organics Island Replenishing

Rozlewis

Dc'd today with Marie Deans PROLESS DC, Porosity Control, Olive Oil, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary Oil.

Theses the perfect DC after a Henna treatment. It immediately replenishes all moisture that was lost through the Henna process. I love this stuff.

Babygrowth

Dcing with JC DT and GSO underneath.
I will keep this in heavy rotation with SD RCA, Darcy's mask, SD Avocado pudding, and any new ones I may introduce.

Anaisin

I dc'd today with hydroquench systems the slip dc, my hair feels amazing.

I think my dc routine will be just every Saturday

sexypebbly

Used SD razz coconut dc in the back of my head(finished the product) and HQS coconut mango dc in the front.

froingforward

I will join this challenge. I've been experiencing severe breakage for almost 3 months, and have had to undo protein overload twice as I continue to work out a regimen on my fine, low porosity hair during my transition from texturized/relaxed to natural. I'm 12 weeks post so I need the silicones for the slip.

1. What product(s) did you use?: I will rotate between the following in order to use up (I sometimes use regular condish as deep condish):

Desert Essence Conditioners (Italian Grape/Lemon Tea Tree/Raspberry)- HG
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab- HG
Kera Minerals Deep Conditioner (purchased today)
OGX Sea Mineral Moisture Surge- HG
Mystic Divine Monoi and Argan- HG for the slip
Bekura Beauty Cacao Bark (still testing this one out)
Renpure Originals Argan Conditioner
Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Mask (haven't tried this yet)
L'Oreal Natures Therapy Mega Curves (looking for a paraben-free alt to Mega Moisture which was one of my HG)

Protein Only when needed:

AG Ultramoist (lite protein)
Curl Junkie Deep Fix
Camille Rose Algae Renew

2. How long did you DC for? 20 minutes to 3 hours
3. What method of DC did you use (cap, steamer, etc) Steamer every 2 weeks, with plastic cap and heat 1-2 times per week
4. Most importantly – How did your hair respond? We'll see

Last edited:

xu93texas

I'm DC with Hibiscus Flaxseed Marshmallow conditioner from Jakeala; under a plastic cap for an hour; no heat.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Used sm raw shea butter mixed with OGX sea mineral moisture surge, no heat for 4 hours or so lol. Need to rinse it out so I can roller set but I'm too lazy.

Honeytips

Deep steamed my hair yesterday with Dr Miracle's Cleanse and Condition deep conditioner. For 2015 I'm going to use:

Dr Miracle's
ORS Olive Oil conditioner
Aussie Moist

maxandsally

I'd like to join the challenge. I will dc weekly with my steamer. No specific conditioner as I have so many I would like to use up ( kinda a pj).

faithVA

DCing with Jessicurl Deep Treatment for about 30 minutes under my Hair Therapy cap. I warmed the conditioner a bit before applying it but it is still pretty thick.

I'm just trying to use this conditioner up. It works OK but its expensive, hard to apply and doesn't give my hair much slip.

I think I have 1 or 2 more uses in the bottle.

oneastrocurlie

I DC'ed midweek with Bobeam Cocoa Cream Condish and today with Eva NYC Hair Therapy Session Hair Mask. I liked them both.

Honestly I'm not coming across too many DCs I don't like...which means I need to stop buying DC because they all work lol.

Joigirl

Dc'ing with Bask Vanilla Whisky after my shampoo (I usually cowash). Spent 20 minutes under the hooded dryer. I plan to wash it out and twist my hair.

meka72

I'm 5 minutes into a 25 minute stretch under the hooded dryer with Claudie's renew protein conditioner. I'll follow up with 30 minutes under the dryer with Obia babassu deep conditioner.