2015 WIG CHALLENGE

girlonfire

I may or may not join this challenge. I have to find some wigs I like first. I found a really cute short wine colored wig but it's a cosplay wig so I'm afraid it wouldn't look natural plus I think it might not fit bc it's coming from china and not everything I've got from china via ebay is good quality. I want to experiment with color and length. I' also trying to grow my hair 3-4 more inches and get to an even length.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.):
Undecided but at least through winter and likely spring

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.):
giving my hair rest -- low manipulation

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning:
relaxed on a long term stretch

4.Current hair length:
MBL

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.)
plaits

6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share):
unofficial photo attached

7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear:
I'm wearing half, whole and lace fronts....all synthetic. ETA: photo

Attachments

• DC.jpg
    DC.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 126
  • divachyk's wig collage.jpg
    divachyk's wig collage.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Evolving78

Moisturizing my cornrows and oiling my edges! I hate when a strand gets caught on a hair clip that you use to detangle and separate! I snap the strand off and feel so bald and defeated! Yeah, I'm dramatic! Lol

LaFemmeNaturelle

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.):
Mainly the entire year but I'll probably occasionally do other protective styles.

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.):
I need to see if this is the key to retaining length for me. I didn't PS much all this year and I didn't retain any length either. Could be because of the color, lack of PS, or both.

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning:
natural

4.Current hair length:
WL. Will update with pic in the next few days

I just put my hair in a bun or 1 braid

6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share):

Eiano

The whole year!

I'm trying to grow out my relaxed hair to all natural.

I am transitioning.

4.Current hair length:

Oh boy, I would say a twa, with shoulder length relaxed hair.

I do cornrows underneath.

I'll post a pic next Saturday when I wash and blowdry.

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
Upon thanking this post, please answer the following questions to introduce yourself to the group and officially join the challenge.

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.): I plan on going the whole year i think except for vacations. Wigs and vacation do not mess together:look:

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.): Protective styling, hair retention and laziness :yep:

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning I'm natural

4.Current hair length:About shoulder length trying to see the land of APL

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.) Whatever fits under my wig and doesn't make my head look lumpy.

7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear: You don't want to see what i'm wearing it needs to die for the new year.

Last edited:

LadyBugsy

I plan on wearing my wig for 3 months (as of 12/29/14).

Low manipulation and protective styling

Natural (4ab)

4.Current hair length:

Between Shoulder length and APL

cornrows in the front, beehive behind the ears

I will add from my phone

See below post

Last edited:

nlamr2013

Upon thanking this post, please answer the following questions to introduce yourself to the group and officially join the challenge.

6 weeks on 2 weeks off I may also include some twist or braid styles because I've never worn a wig out except once. Maybe I'm an unofficial challenger look

All of the above :yep:

natural
4.Current hair length: about bsl but I'll be getting it cut to aplish

Straight back cornrolls and if I get good enough a beehive

ForumRunner_20141229_173508.jpg
See all that needs to be cut due to my Un even hair cut I gave myself last year.

Don't have an exact wig yet. I'll be going to look this weekend if I don't see anything I like online. Right now I want something with a face framing Chinese bang

ForumRunner_20141229_173819.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions of a wig like this please let me know!

Last edited:

Leo24Rule

I'll be joining as soon as I take a pic today. Time to start off the year on a good note. I'm off to do laundry.

anoriginalpyt

Howdy ladies! My answers are in bold

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.): The entire year, with a length check April 10

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.): Growth! My goal is waist length

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning: Natural since 2009

4.Current hair length: MBL

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.) Cornrows

7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear: My fav wig is the Magic Lace MLP-16

http://http://www.chade.com/imgs_small/MLP16.jpg

Attachments

• MLP16.jpg
    MLP16.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Photo on 10-20-14 at 3.30 PM.jpg
    Photo on 10-20-14 at 3.30 PM.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 139

Thann

All year long.

Length Retention and protective styling.

Transitioning

4.Current hair length:

Full SL

Crownrows with small leave-out in front only.

No growth goals this year. Just focusing on keeping relaxed hair as long as possible as I transition back to natural.

I will be making a u-part wig this weekend.

movingforward

Moving forward and onward

I will wig it until the summer.......it's too hot for all that in the summer time. Then I will pick it up again during the fall.

I received an awful haircut in October, 2014. So I want to hide my hair until it grows out.

Plus, I want to transition to texlaxed.

Transitioning to texlaxed.

4.Current hair length:

CL overall.

I just slick my hair back.

Sensationnal Connie. It's the perfect full wig I have been looking for. It's an L shape lace front wig. Which is great for my hair.

Belle Du Jour

Ladies, I would like a recommendation for a place to get a human hair stock LF that isn't super expensive. . .thanks!

SpiritJunkie

Happy New year ladies!! I just got my wig delivered today from California lace wigs. Feels great. I will show a proper pic when I cut the lace. Cost me a pretty penny...

Attachments

• image-4154212542.jpg
    image-4154212542.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 168

bluediamond0829

I would like to join. Just was thinking about what in the world I was going to do to my hair in the growth out phase of a short cut. I made a deal with myself that I was not going to shell out a arm and a leg this year with weaves and only to be disappointed with it. Its got some length to it but its just not where I want to be. So my plan is between braided hairstyles I will be wigging it.

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.): my plan is between braided hairstyles I will be wigging it. I'm not going to wear my hair out until I get to where I want it to be and hopefully it will be by August my birthday.

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.): I need hair retention and protection from styling. And also this will keep me on track.

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning: I'm natural for about a year.

4.Current hair length: Its uneven all over so can't tell what the actual length is.

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.):: If I'm going to get a full wig it would be cornrows. I need to really learn to either do something to it underneath. I know its bad but I just moisturize it and then slap on the half wig.

6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share): I will have to update later.

7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear: I will have to update later.

Last edited:

GGsKin

I finally stitched some elastic into one of my wigs so I can wear it without hair pins. I was so excited I wore it arounf the house yesterday. It is comfortable. I am truly late with this one. I feel so much better knowing that I won't have that metal rubbing on my scalp.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I would like to join but I can't find a wig that will go well with me.

How long does a synthetic wig last for?