2015 WIG CHALLENGE

divinefavor

Today's wig - from Eva Wigs (the Kerry Washington-inspired look). This is in Jet Black, 16."
This is right out the box and bangs cut (they keep it long and you cut it yourself).
I'm taking it to my stylist tomorrow morning for a cut. I want it cut to 14" and more layers.

Beautiful!

cynd

It's almost 70 degrees today and I couldn't want to get home to tear my wig off after being out and about. I don't think I'll be able to hang during the summer if today is any indication. How do you ladies manage in warmer weather?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I live in a hot state @cynd, born and raised, so I'm use to it I guess. I actually thought I wouldn't want to wear wigs while it's hot but so far, it's working out fine. I have a bigger goal in mind so I just deal with it, I guess.

cynd

I live in a hot state @cynd, born and raised, so I'm use to it I guess. I actually thought I wouldn't want to wear wigs while it's hot but so far, it's working out fine. I have a bigger goal in mind so I just deal with it, I guess.

So was I @divachyk so you would think I'd be accustomed to the heat, but I'm a relatively new wig wearer and I sweat in my head like crazy even without a wig.

divachyk

@SuchaLady, I likely won't decide until after I make one year and after I get my follow up Komaza Analysis. They recommend that I get a hair cut first (since I haven't had one in a while) to remove the ends that I'm currently wanting to remove. That way, they can tell me just how healthy or unhealthy the remaining hair is.

Aggie

I just wore my New Born Free Cutie Collection CT32 to church today and got many compliments. It looks soooo much like my own hair that after church I bought a couple more - one in FS1B/30and the other in DX/GOLD for color variety:

I also bought New Born Free - SPRING in color FS1B33:

and Sensationnel Instant Weave - RIO in color DX/4799:

I couldn't help myself. I only like them curly as you all can see. They look better on me than straight hair. I forgot I got another no name one (color #2) from AMAZON but it's super cute.

Aggie

@divachyk, it sure does look more realistic on me as well. I keep buying because of the same thing happening to me. My wigs do get a little matted at the back as well but I would simply lightly snip the knots when they look really bad to me and get another 2-3 weeks out of them. I always hang them at night to keep the style in place.

As far as washing, I dunk it a few times in a sink full of cold, shampoo-filled water, then let it sit in some conditioner and water or fabric softener and water for a couple minutes, then hang to dry in my shower overnight and sometimes for 2 days.

GGsKin

Mine tangle at the nape something rotten. My synthetic one, I don't notice so much because it's shorter back there. But occasionally, I brush it out and reset it on perm rods.

To get tangles out of my human hair one, I'll spray with water and add a little leave in to detangle. If I am wearing it, then I leave it alone and hope it doesn't look bad:lol:.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
@Aggie, dh and I have concluded that curly hair looks better on me too. It also looks a tad bit more realistic than silky, straight hair. How do you keep them from tangling.

@january noir, @HairPleezeGrow and others, how do you maintain curly wigs. Mine get matted at the nape kinda quick.
@divachyk
Any tangles I have had on my human hair wigs, which have been few instances, have been easily detangled with a moisturizing leave-in spray. I do the same with my synthetics but honestly, I haven't been wearing them much.

trebell

Hi Ladies, I just started wearing wigs for protection. I'm currently trying to grow out my tapered cut. I wanted to know how you ladies keep your hair moisturized under your wigs. TIA.

Aggie

Hi Ladies, I just started wearing wigs for protection. I'm currently trying to grow out my tapered cut. I wanted to know how you ladies keep your hair moisturized under your wigs. TIA.
Hi @trebell,

My hair is all natural under my wigs now since I cut it all off last summer.. I use a liquid moisturizer just before I put my wig on every morning with either Kenra Daily Provision or Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier. Between the two of these, my hair is being kept nicely moisturized during the day.

trebell

Hi @trebell,

My hair is all natural under my wigs now since I cut it all off last summer.. I use a liquid moisturizer just before I put my wig on every morning with either Kenra Daily Provision or Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier. Between the two of these, my hair is being kept nicely moisturized during the day.

Thank you. I just noticed my hair was feeling like straw today. I'm almost a week in. I give props to long term wig wearers. My scalp has always been a problem when trying to protective style.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day

@trebell

I deep condition and moisturize my hair once a week and then braid my hair first.

Then, several times, during the week, I moisturize my hair (still while in braids) with a spray moisturizing leave-in, then moisturize my braids with a cream (I smoosh the moisturizer into the braids) and hairline. Before putting on my wigs, I moisturize the hairline again and then add an edge restorer product (I've been using Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Edge Treatment) and then put on a mesh wig cap. Personally, I can't baggy under a wig because my scalp needs the air (hence the mesh wig caps) or it will get too hot for me. So far, so good!

divachyk

@trebell My hair are in braids throughout the week. I moisturize with a spray moisturizer daily and periodically throughout the week, I massage in a creamy moisturizer into my braids.