SL 2015

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Sitting under the dryer at salon. I got a flexirod set. I'll post pictures when I'm done. This will be my length check. My big head plus these rods hardly fit under the dryer. It took forever to roll.
here are the pictures.

Attachments

• image-3767723148.jpg
    image-3767723148.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 48
  • image-4108738532.jpg
    image-4108738532.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image-4078244558.jpg
    image-4078244558.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 69
  • image-2474295221.jpg
    image-2474295221.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image-4235377894.jpg
    image-4235377894.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

londonfog

Keeping it simple for now(my definition of simple). Poo & DC under hooded dryer twice a week. One poo is sulfate free & the other has sulfate. I bought some Nioxin Cleanser & Condish but only got to use it once so far. M&S like every other night & phony pony everyday. Thinking about getting a wig to alternate with my pony.

KaramelKutie803

Been gone for a while but finally paid my subscription again. Been so busy with moving to a new city and getting everything situated with my DD and I. Sad to say I've been neglecting my hair and it shows. I have very fine natural hair and I've been having a lot breakage and shedding lately. Haven't seem to have made much progress or if I have its all been lost due to the breakage/shedding. Any tips you ladies have or suggestions? Maybe I need to add more protein to my regimen since my hair is colored. Seems everytime I get close to SL something happens and I get stuck or start having setbacks. I see growth when I look at my puffs but I don't see it length wise. Any who my barber said he could tell it's grown when I went to get my 3rd undercut done. I was considering growing it back out and went without a cut for almost a month but last weekend I gave in lol. Hope the pics aren't too big.

Attachments

• image-1833571033.jpg
    image-1833571033.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 62

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Been gone for a while but finally paid my subscription again. Been so busy with moving to a new city and getting everything situated with my DD and I. Sad to say I've been neglecting my hair and it shows. I have very fine natural hair and I've been having a lot breakage and shedding lately. Haven't seem to have made much progress or if I have its all been lost due to the breakage/shedding. Any tips you ladies have or suggestions? Maybe I need to add more protein to my regimen since my hair is colored. Seems everytime I get close to SL something happens and I get stuck or start having setbacks. I see growth when I look at my puffs but I don't see it length wise. Any who my barber said he could tell it's grown when I went to get my 3rd undercut done. I was considering growing it back out and went without a cut for almost a month but last weekend I gave in lol. Hope the pics aren't too big.
welcome back. I love your undercut. I don't have any advice other to do what works. Hopefully once you're settled in your new place you can give yourself some tlc.

Guinan

Re-Branding

I LOVE your undercut!! When u were letting it grow out, was it noticeable or awkward? Did u let the barber figure out how high/low you wanted the cut and design?

Sorry for all the questions. ..I've been considering getting an undercut.

Last edited:

Kells

Hello All,

I can't remember if length updates was tomorrow or April 1, but I thought lemme just post my update while I'm thinking about it and have the time.
I know I need to come through more often :perplexed

So anywhos, my plan was to blowdry my hair out to see where it is and then get it trimmed. My girl who usually trims it for me was being kinda lax about getting back to me on when she could fit me in and I was DETERMINED to get a trim last Friday, She didn't call me back, so I trimmed it myself. (I'm licensed)

*Don't mind me looking like a mad woman in the one pic*
*And I'm sorry the picture quality isn't so hot on the second pic*

So, this isn't a real fair comparison since I'm not stretched in the earlier pic, but it's taken from December '14 and I was ear length stretched, I believe.
And the newer pic was the blowdry before I trimmed.

Attachments

• March 2015.jpg
    March 2015.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 53
  • December 2014.jpg
    December 2014.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 50

KaramelKutie803

I LOVE your undercut!! When u were letting it grow out, was it noticeable or awkward? Did u let the barber figure out how high/low you wanted the cut and design? Sorry for all the questions. ..I've been considering getting an undercut.

Thank you and lol you're fine. The very first time I got my undercut I showed him a design I wanted but told him he could freestyle it but I chose how far up I wanted my cut to be which is why I told him he could free style the design as needed since I put a limit to how high I wanted my cut. Growing it wasn't that bad. I just keep the hair brushed everyday and it wasn't bad looking at all. I moisturized and sealed that section, brushed it and that was it. Here's a picture of how it looked before I got it cut in the above the picture . Some days it would curl up a lot if it was hot out cause my hair is very coily back there

Attachments

• image-770683541.jpg
    image-770683541.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 51

naija24

Hello All,

I can't remember if length updates was tomorrow or April 1, but I thought lemme just post my update while I'm thinking about it and have the time.

So anywhos, my plan was to blowdry my hair out to see where it is and then get it trimmed. My girl who usually trims it for me was being kinda lax about getting back to me on when she could fit me in and I was DETERMINED to get a trim last Friday, She didn't call me back, so I trimmed it myself. (I'm licensed)

So, this isn't a real fair comparison since I'm not stretched in the earlier pic, but it's taken from December '14 and I was ear length stretched, I believe.

wow your hair looks great. did you transition (and for how long) or did you just big chop? I'd love to be where you are by august or september.

KaramelKutie803

Here's my length check/update for April 1. My sides haven't really retained length well. I feel like it's still where it's been since the challenge started. I have however made progress with the front section of my hair and the back has reached SL already...looks like it to me anyway. However I don't know when it was achieved because I wasn't doing any random length checks back there before now. First picture is from the beginning of the challenge and second picture is now

Attachments

• image-760853591.jpg
    image-760853591.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 42

faithVA

Welcome back. I think you should definitely add a keratin reconstructor to your regimen since you color your hair. Looking at the difference between the hair at the base of the puff and the color hair above, it looks like the color is really drying your hair out. You need to get on a regular protein schedule every 2 to 6 weeks. You will have to figure out what is best for your hair. And then make sure you are DCing every week with heat.

faithVA

Hello All,

You have made some great progress. Your hair looks good.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I think mentioned your birthday was today. Happy Birthday. Someone else mentioned There birthday was the first I can't remember who. So happy Birthday to everyone who had a birthday recently. :).

KaramelKutie803

Welcome back. I think you should definitely add a keratin reconstructor to your regimen since you color your hair. Looking at the difference between the hair at the base of the puff and the color hair above, it looks like the color is really drying your hair out. You need to get on a regular protein schedule every 2 to 6 weeks. You will have to figure out what is best for your hair. And then make sure you are DCing every week with heat.
Thank you for your reply. I will definitely try this

lovely_locks

I looked the the back after I dried it (kitchen) and this is what I have (first pick) so I wet my hair and started cutting that area. And the results are in the second pick. So much better

Attachments

• image-385647211.jpg
    image-385647211.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 24
  • image-100225201.jpg
    image-100225201.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 23