SL 2015

faithVA

2015 is going to be a great year. I can feel it.

Let's stay committed, stick to our regimens, love our hair and support each other to SL. :yep:

Post the following to join in
What length are you now?

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?

What's your plan to reach SL?

What's your regimen?

Anything else you want to share?

Post your starting pic:

The challenge will officially start on January 1st, 2015. With a fresh new year before us, please commit to checking in at least 1x a month to let us know you are on track and to support everyone else.

Post your starting pic by 12/30/2014.

Plan to post your reveal pic by 12/30/2015. You can post earlier if you reach SL any time in between.

We will have additional length checks or length updates on
April 1, 2015 (no April's fools )
July 1, 2015
October 1, 2015

Post as many hair pics as you like because you know we love pics :yep:

Thread Dates
December 30, 2014 ............Post Starting Pic
April 1, 2015.......................1st length check/update
July 1, 2015........................2nd length check/update
October 1, 2015..................3rd length check/update
December 30, 2015.............Final Reveal

Challengers

CafedeBelleza
DarkJoy
FaithVA
HappilyLiberal
InBloom
KidneyBean86 :congrats:
lenu80
Love2Live
lovely_locks
peloHello :congrats:
shortdub78
stephanie75miller :congrats:
Sumra
Wenbev
xu93texas
xxlalaxx
yaya24 :congrats:

MIA
apemay1969
cllcindy
Evallusion
KaremelKutie803
Kells
Meritamen
Misseyl
Penelope74
Sholapie
Whimsy
whosthatcurl

Last edited:

faithVA

What length are you now?

EL at the crown. NL everywhere else

Natural

I will be wash weekly or every 4 days depending on my schedule.
I will keep my hair up in twists or flat twists.
I will baggy during this cold weather.
I will do monthly protein treatments.
I will finger detangle and doing S&D to keep my ends healthy.

What's your regimen?

I will be doing the MHM regimen every week or every 4 days.

Anything else you want to share?
I reached SL in May of 2011 last time. I hope to reach SL again by the early summer :yep:

Post your starting pic:
FrontCurls.jpg BackShot.jpg

Was last SL in 9/2011. Trying to get back there.
SeptemberLengthPic1.jpg
NapeLengthCheckPic1.JPG
CurlformerDo.jpg

Last edited:

Love2Live

I'm in!

What length are you now?
Nape: roughly 3 inches
Crown: NL
Sides: roughly 4 inches

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning
Relaxed

Stretch Relaxers 8-12 weeks
Keep up with my hair appointments
Moisturize seal daily
Protective style (braids) for weeks 4-8 of the stretch

What's your regimen?

Need to find a reliable moisturizer.
Oils I will be using:
Sweet almond oil
Coconut Oil
JBCO
Rollersets every two weeks (at salon) which will be my wash days. I may wash in between since I have been working out more and my scalp sweats

Post your starting pic:
I will post a pic my next hair appt.

I'm SOOOOO pumped for this! :)

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
Um..can I join lol?

What length are you now?
Nape: grazing SL
Crown:
Sides: Two inches beyond EL

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning
Natural baby!!!

Moisturize my hair when needed
Try protective styles
Added Shea butter to my reggie

What's your regimen?
Wash every week with V05 Kiwi Shampoo
Condition Mane and Tail Conditioner
Aloe Vera Juice after rinse
Giavanni Leave in conditioner
Seal with EVOO and Shea Butter
Sweet Almond Oil is used when I am out of EVOO

I twist my hair when hair is partially dry to help it stretch a little

Starting pic...

Attachments

• 1779255_10100356548921469_4567601773584152651_n.jpg
    1779255_10100356548921469_4567601773584152651_n.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 10383094_10100356549779749_3403263474095332877_n.jpg
    10383094_10100356549779749_3403263474095332877_n.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 10390054_10100356549704899_7471515389968389490_n.jpg
    10390054_10100356549704899_7471515389968389490_n.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 90

Penelope74

I'm in...

Post the following to join in
What length are you now?
I am NL at the nape.
5-6in on both sides
4-5in at crown

I am relaxed. I relax 3x's a year.

Deep condition weekly, alternating protein and moisturizing regimen weekly, Clarify and Aphogee Protein monthly, heat 1x per month, inversion, plethora of vitamins, Massage with Keyarrie's Krown growth oil.. (JBCO, wild grow, ylang ylang, mtg, peppermint oil, lavender, cedarwood, grapeseed oil, tea tree, vitamin E oil, clary sage, carrot seed oil, rosemary, jojoba oil and avocado oil) Wrap with Organics Hair growth booster, Hask Placenta Leave-in and Organix Coconut milk anti- break serum. Leave wrapped for a week at a time, manipulate only to moisturize, massage and seal nightly. Sleep in satin scarf religiously
What's your regimen?
Oh,, that was my regimen.
My phone goin crazy, those weren't exactly the pics I was tryin to post.
I was in the 2014 challenge but fell off somewhere down the line. I will challenge myself to be better this time.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141111_151241.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141111_151241.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 92
  • ForumRunner_20141111_151435.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141111_151435.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 87
  • ForumRunner_20141111_151500.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141111_151500.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 76
  • ForumRunner_20141111_151547.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141111_151547.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Yay, I think I can join this challenge!

What length are you now? Top reaches my nose, sides reaches a bit past my jaw, the back is neck-length.

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? I'm texlaxed baby.

What's your plan to reach SL? Get my doggone hands out my hair, stay up on my trims, do mini-braids once a quarter. I love these suckers!

What's your regimen? Wash once a week/every 2 weeks, alternate between protein treatments/ deep conditioning. Daily or every other day: Spray hair and scalp with aloe vera juice/filtered water, length of the hair: Camille Rose Almond Jai Butter, the very ends: Blue Magic grease (the blue kind)

Anything else you want to share? I was natural for 4 years, but I kept chopping my hair off, and not keeping up with my trims, and just being hair lazy. I realized that I just wasn't in love with my hair anymore so I bleached the top and sides, then texlaxed 2 weeks later (don't do that y'all lol). I discovered a new way to blow-dry my hair *cold, hell, cold* and installed mini-braids. When they get old, I pop a wig on lol. Me and Sybil (my hair) are getting along again. I'm in love with my hair again.

Post your starting pic: I'm still in mini-braids (I currently wear a wig over them (I done them 10/12/14 not taking them down til the 1st or 2nd week of December).

Attachments

• IMG_20141016_181422.jpg
    IMG_20141016_181422.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20141016_182358.jpg
    IMG_20141016_182358.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

Sorry the pics are sideways, I uploaded them from my phone. The pictures are from when I first installed them. They're raggedy now lol.

faithVA

Looked at some old pictures. It looks like my hair right now is the same length as it was in October 2010. And I think I claimed SL in July 2011. I had a really nice length by September. Hopefully my regimen is better this time around and I can duplicate that or do better :yep:.

faithVA

Yay, I think I can join this challenge!

What length are you now? Top reaches my nose, sides reaches a bit past my jaw, the back is neck-length.

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? I'm texlaxed baby.

What's your plan to reach SL? Get my doggone hands out my hair, stay up on my trims, do mini-braids once a quarter. I love these suckers!

What's your regimen? Wash once a week/every 2 weeks, alternate between protein treatments/ deep conditioning. Daily or every other day: Spray hair and scalp with aloe vera juice/filtered water, length of the hair: Camille Rose Almond Jai Butter, the very ends: Blue Magic grease (the blue kind)

Anything else you want to share? I was natural for 4 years, but I kept chopping my hair off, and not keeping up with my trims, and just being hair lazy. I realized that I just wasn't in love with my hair anymore so I bleached the top and sides, then texlaxed 2 weeks later (don't do that y'all lol). I discovered a new way to blow-dry my hair *cold, hell, cold* and installed mini-braids. When they get old, I pop a wig on lol. Me and Sybil (my hair) are getting along again. I'm in love with my hair again.

Post your starting pic: I'm still in mini-braids (I currently wear a wig over them (I done them 10/12/14 not taking them down til the 1st or 2nd week of December).

Welcome to the challenge. Sounds like we are about the same length. :yep:

faithVA

Usually I don't do anything different in the winter. But this year I will be baggying under my hat or beanie. The temperature dropped last night. This morning I promptly put on my plastic cap and put my beanie right on top. Have to do everything I can to help my hair make it through this winter.

Are you ladies doing anything different this winter to make it through the cold weather.

ItsMeLilLucky

Usually I don't do anything different in the winter. But this year I will be baggying under my hat or beanie. The temperature dropped last night. This morning I promptly put on my plastic cap and put my beanie right on top. Have to do everything I can to help my hair make it through this winter.

Are you ladies doing anything different this winter to make it through the cold weather.

Yes, I will be wigging it this winter over my mini-braids. I need all the layers I can get. It's already snowing in Chicago and Thanksgiving hasn't arrived yet.

cllncindy

I would love to join this challenge.... again. I didn't quite make it this year.
Starting lengthy: barely neck length
Plan: m&s, protective styles, roller setting
Relaxed
Regimen: deep condition once or twice a week, shampoo every week, m&s every night

faithVA

[USER=405513 said:
cllncindy[/USER];20772033]I would love to join this challenge.... again. I didn't quite make it this year.
Starting lengthy: barely neck length
Plan: m&s, protective styles, roller setting
Relaxed
Regimen: deep condition once or twice a week, shampoo every week, m&s every night

Glad to have you. We will support each other and make it to SL in 2015.

faithVA

I remembered to baggy last night. I'm spritzed with diluted Organicals Healthy Locks and I may have gotten in 2 hours of baggying. I'm not sure how much its helping but I do think it is helping.

I only have a sample of the Healthy Locks. I want to pick up some more. The sample I have has glycerin in it. I think I will get the glycerin free and if I need glycerin in it I will add it myself.

I don't know that Ingredients to Die For has black friday sales. I will have to check.

KaramelKutie803

Interested in joining this challenge but have a question first. Is this length considered collar bone length or shoulder length? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image-437427397.jpg
    image-437427397.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 96

faithVA

[USER said:
KaramelKutie803;20779237[/USER]]Interested in joining this challenge but have a question first. Is this length considered collar bone length or shoulder length? Thanks in advance

Technically that would be collar bone length.

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
I have a question. What is considered SL? Is it when the back of your hair touches your shoulder or when the overall length is SL?

faithVA

[USER said:
KidneyBean86;20779359[/USER]]I have a question. What is considered SL? Is it when the back of your hair touches your shoulder or when the overall length is SL?

Each person decides for themselves. Some will claim it when their nose touches. Others want all their hair there. For me it's when the majority of the back makes it.

faithVA

[USER=298908 said:
JudithO[/USER];20780415]How long is SL? I want to join and hang out with y'all but I may hit SL by Dec this year.

What do you mean how long is it? There is a 2015 all challenge.

JudithO

Just so I know if I'll be by Dec of 2014 making me not qualify for the 2015 challenge.... I'll have around 7 inches (fingers crossed) by dec...

faithVA

Just so I know if I'll be by Dec of 2014 making me not qualify for the 2015 challenge.... I'll have around 7 inches (fingers crossed) by dec...

Some claim it when the hair reaches the top of the shoulder others when it reaches the shoulder blade in the back right below the neck.