MHM Hangout

discodumpling

Girl, I am trying to get some cliff notes. Someone help me out.

For this hair care approach, do you have to wash or wet everyday? Do you have to wear your hair loose and shrunken everyday? Also, can folks keep it all the way real and say how much time you spend on your hair (1) daily and (2) over the course of a week?
I wet it everyday. I take a shower every morning between 5 and 6 AM and if water doesn't kiss my scalp I don't wake up properly.
My daily process is co-wash, leave-in, gel...all during the course of my 15 min shower. I use a comb once a month.
I use clay on the weekends. Today is clay day. As my hair grows it requires more clay...i'm up to 4 TSP in my mix!
My hair is wash n wear. I'm always surprised at how long folks process' are taking!

nyeredzi

Oh, it's somebody's birthday? Happy birthday FaithVA!

Okay, y'all. I'ma consider this first attempt a fail. I don't know, it just did not work out for me. I have the kinky curly not today, i have the baking soda, I went out and bought the bentonite clay and giovanni gel. Ish didn't work out. It's taking forever and the finger detangling is not doing it. Why did I think it would work? Why do I do this to myself? Every friggin time someone's like "this will totally work!" it never works. It never, ever, ever works out for me. Finger detangling cannot detangle my amount of hair. Within every tiny little clump, if I tried to separate it, there was a shed hair in every clump, knotted up. Maybe I will revisit in the future, but it didn't work this time. The clay wasn't mixing smoothly, ugh, I'm done.

Oh, and the baking soda definitely did something to my hair texture. Like, pieces were that bent straight hair look that I can't recall seeing. It's slighly alkaline, and relaxer is more heavily alkaline, it's really like it had the tiniest relaxing effect.

GGsKin

Okay, y'all. I'ma consider this first attempt a fail. I don't know, it just did not work out for me. I have the kinky curly not today, i have the baking soda, I went out and bought the bentonite clay and giovanni gel. Ish didn't work out. It's taking forever and the finger detangling is not doing it. Why did I think it would work? Why do I do this to myself? Every friggin time someone's like "this will totally work!" it never works. It never, ever, ever works out for me. Finger detangling cannot detangle my amount of hair. Within every tiny little clump, if I tried to separate it, there was a shed hair in every clump, knotted up. Maybe I will revisit in the future, but it didn't work this time. The clay wasn't mixing smoothly, ugh, I'm done.

Oh, and the baking soda definitely did something to my hair texture. Like, pieces were that bent straight hair look that I can't recall seeing. It's slighly alkaline, and relaxer is more heavily alkaline, it's really like it had the tiniest relaxing effect.

Sorry to read you had a bad experience:(.
I wish I could've done it for you. I think I have a gift when it comes to finger detangling lol.

Guinan

Re-Branding

Giovanni gel is the devil. But it works great for my edges. How much baking soda did you use? Are you hi-po or lo-po? If you dont like finger detangling you can always use a wide tooth comb or a gentle brush. What didnt work? We (or atleast I do) need more details on your measurements and your process. Walk me through what you did.

You should only do what works for your hair. If you feel that this method (after one day :)) has caused so much detriment to your hair, then by all means stop.

nyeredzi

Giovanni gel is the devil. But it works great for my edges. How much baking soda did you use? Are you hi-po or lo-po? If you dont like finger detangling you can always use a wide tooth comb or a gentle brush. What didnt work? We (or atleast I do) need more details on your measurements and your process. Walk me through what you did.

You should only do what works for your hair. If you feel that this method (after one day :)) has caused so much detriment to your hair, then by all means stop.

I used 2 tbs baking soda. It was a recipe I found on that mhm site with the ocean waves in the background. I didn't say it was detrimental, just that it wasn't working out. A lot of time for poor results and frustration. I'll be back with more details. Gotta run!

Holla4mom

Can you describe the whole thing, i.e. what you did in each step and your recipes? We might can help you trouble shoot!

Cattypus1

All loced up...

I almost gave up on the clay too but...I did two things, I stopped using bentonite and started using rhassoul and I added just a splash of ACV to the mix. I don't know how much hair you have but I can tell you that I am a 4-something with fine strands but very dense. My hair used to tangle like crazy but with the clay mix finger detangling became a breeze. I'm definitely retaining more hair than my pre-MHM days and my hair seems happier than ever before. My clay mix is watery like a watery milkshake and I detangle as I apply.

discodumpling

Awww happy birthday Faith and fellow Taurean, yesterday was my b'day. I've been running around celebrating for the past couple of days and just letting my hair do what it do. I tried to clay today but my process was so rushed I might as well have not bothered. But i'm committed to the janky wash n go I got as i'm about to go out to dinner with DH. My curls are so tight and undefined but tomorrow is another day and my 40th celebration extravaganza will be over and done and life will return to normal with a much needed DC with heat!

Holla4mom

Awww happy birthday Faith and fellow Taurean, yesterday was my b'day. I've been running around celebrating for the past couple of days and just letting my hair do what it do. I tried to clay today but my process was so rushed I might as well have not bothered. But i'm committed to the janky wash n go I got as i'm about to go out to dinner with DH. My curls are so tight and undefined but tomorrow is another day and my 40th celebration extravaganza will be over and done and life will return to normal with a much needed DC with heat!
Happy Belated Bday discodumpling! I'll be where you are in 4 months!

nyeredzi

Happy belated birthday, Disco!

Okay, let's see. Step 1 I used this recipe that I got from the maxhydration.com website:
  • 2 tablespoons bakingsoda
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 6-10 oz of water
The baking soda was probably on for 20-30 minutes.

Step 2 I did this, same site using Kinky Curly Knot Today:
Option 3: Apply warm conditioner in your hair in sections.Let it sit for 10-15 minutes under shower cap, and rinse it out. This will function as your cowash. if you are doing this step, first pour 1.5-2 oz of conditioner into an applicator bottle. Then pour in 4-6 oz of warm/hot water and shake.

This is the step where I was told you really finger detangled. I tried, but it was taking forever. Finger detangling has never been a win for me. So I did a half@$$ job because, you know, I have other things in life to do, lol. Every experience finger detangling in my life says it takes me at least 2 hours to actually get the shed hair out, and things were not going any differently this time. So I did a not thorough job which took me about 30-40 minutes. I left the conditioner on and went to the store to buy betonite clay and gel. I was going to get Kinky Curly Knot Today, but it's expensive, the store I got the bentonite clay from didn't have it, and they had Giovanni gel which is cheaper. And since I never use gel for anything else, I really didn't want to spend a whole lot of money for something I might never use again. The clay there was already $16!. I got back from the store like an hour or so later and rinsed the conditioner out.

Step 3 was the clay rinse, where it really started to fall apart. I was trying to use this recipe, which I also got from this site:
  • 1 cup pure clay powder
  • 2-3 cup warm water
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
And this recipe was not happening. Like, I put in 1 cup of the clay powder and added 2 cups of water. Too thick. Another cup of water. Too thick. Another cup of water. Still super thick. I added the honey and olive oil. Still super thick. And the clay was all clumped up no matter how hard I stirred (the first time I tried in a metal bowl) or shook (when the bowl failed I tried in a dish detergent bottle like I saw on a YouTube video). Like, it wouldn't loosen up to form anything remotely smooth. It had watery and smooth portions and then lumps of heavy thick clay in there. But after 20 minutes of trying to get something workable, I just took what I had in the dish detergent bottle to give it a go because, well, other things to do!

I was beginning to get doubtful at this point, so I decided to try on just 1 section of my hair. My hair was in 8 sections, by the way, because all my experience says 4 sections is unworkable for me. I usually detangle in 15 sections, for what it's worth. So I applied the clay to one section, fully coating. Then I tried to finger detangle more. It was not happening, because the clay provided no slip. It was even more difficult than trying to finger detangle with the conditioner was. So much shed hair, so many tangles, so much frustration! After spending about 10 minutes on that one section (keep in mind, if I was going to do this for my whole head, I had 8 sections), I figured that was all I was going to do because, well, other things in life to do! So I rinsed that clay out.

Steps 4 and 5
Then I applied watered down conditioner, KCKT trying to rake through the section. Mind you, my hair is not the "rake through" type, so that wasn't working out either. You can't rake through when there's shed hair and tangles, but I did my best. Then I did the same with the gel. Mind you, I kind of hate gel, which is why I never use it and don't own any. But I did it.

And the result? Um, my hair was there, existing and whatnot. It felt kind of hard and not moisturized, stripped sort of. It was still kind of tangled, shed hair was still in there. It had curly clumps, with some of the middle portions kind of suspiciously straight, like they had been blow dried. but they were wet. I'm not calling it damage, before anyone gets upset, I'm just describing, it's what I think of texturized hair looking like. I'm actually in line to get a texturizer as soon as my hair dresser has done enough research that she feels comfortable enough to do them, so I'm not dissing texturizers or anything, just saying. After trying it out on that 1 section, I really had no desire to continue on to the other 7. And I also didn't have the time. I really do not have the time in my life right now to devote many hours to my hair.

So my hair is currently still mostly tangled. Tomorrow I might rewet and apply conditioner and detangle with a comb, then blow dry.

This is here to mostly document my experience. No one of course needs to feel obligated to fix this problem. It's okay if it didn't work out for me. My experience is generally there will be some new trend that everyone swears by, I'll try it, it won't work, people will say it's because I did it wrong, then I'll try multiple slight permutations of the method, like next time I'll add 1.25 tablespoons of honey, not just 1, then I'll do it with rhassoul, not bentonite, then I'll do it with KCCC, not Giovanni, and I'll do a bunch of permutations that also don't work until I once again accept my hair for what it is and go back to OT where I belong.

ETA: Geez, after reading that, it sounds really negative. Sorry to bring down the mood. It's true it didn't work out for me, but I am glad it's working out for some. Y'all need to talk to @JudithO who posted a thread asking for hair help, maybe this method would help her.

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I was using the approved products (i.e. KCKT, Tressume Naturals/Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle/Giovanni<? -- can't remember if I did or not>, KCCC). I think that my hair doesn't like the KC products and that could have been why. I especially dislike using gel on the whole. I don't think that I was doing the best job detangling and also I wasn't doing it every single day....I was wondering if it was realistic to expect perfectly tangle-free hair less than 7 days in....? (I was washing within a 3 day window....)
Happy Belated Extravaganza (I mean Birthday!)

Cattypus1

All loced up...

Okay, let's see. Step 1 I used this recipe that I got from the maxhydration.com website:
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 6-10 oz of water

Option 3: Apply warm conditioner in your hair in sections.Let it sit for 10-15 minutes under shower cap, and rinse it out. This will function as your cowash. if you are doing this step, first pour 1.5-2 oz of conditioner into an applicator bottle. Then pour in 4-6 oz of warm/hot water and shake.

This is the step where I was told you really finger detangled. I tried, but it was taking forever. Finger detangling has never been a win for me. So I did a half@$$ job because, you know, I have other things in life to do, lol. Every experience finger detangling in my life says it takes me at least 2 hours to actually get the shed hair out, and things were not going any differently this time. So I did a not thorough job which took me about 30-40 minutes. I left the conditioner on and went to the store to buy betonite clay and gel. I was going to get Kinky Curly Knot Today, but it's expensive, the store I got the bentonite clay from didn't have it, and they had Giovanni gel which is cheaper. And since I never use gel for anything else, I really didn't want to spend a whole lot of money for something I might never use again. The clay there was already $16!. I got back from the store like an hour or so later and rinsed the conditioner out.

Step 3 was the clay rinse, where it really started to fall apart. I was trying to use this recipe, which I also got from this site:
  • 1 cup pure clay powder
  • 2-3 cup warm water
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
And this recipe was not happening. Like, I put in 1 cup of the clay powder and added 2 cups of water. Too thick. Another cup of water. Too thick. Another cup of water. Still super thick. I added the honey and olive oil. Still super thick. And the clay was all clumped up no matter how hard I stirred (the first time I tried in a metal bowl) or shook (when the bowl failed I tried in a dish detergent bottle like I saw on a YouTube video). Like, it wouldn't loosen up to form anything remotely smooth. It had watery and smooth portions and then lumps of heavy thick clay in there. But after 20 minutes of trying to get something workable, I just took what I had in the dish detergent bottle to give it a go because, well, other things to do!

I was beginning to get doubtful at this point, so I decided to try on just 1 section of my hair. My hair was in 8 sections, by the way, because all my experience says 4 sections is unworkable for me. I usually detangle in 15 sections, for what it's worth. So I applied the clay to one section, fully coating. Then I tried to finger detangle more. It was not happening, because the clay provided no slip. It was even more difficult than trying to finger detangle with the conditioner was. So much shed hair, so many tangles, so much frustration! After spending about 10 minutes on that one section (keep in mind, if I was going to do this for my whole head, I had 8 sections), I figured that was all I was going to do because, well, other things in life to do! So I rinsed that clay out.

Steps 4 and 5
Then I applied watered down conditioner, KCKT trying to rake through the section. Mind you, my hair is not the "rake through" type, so that wasn't working out either. You can't rake through when there's shed hair and tangles, but I did my best. Then I did the same with the gel. Mind you, I kind of hate gel, which is why I never use it and don't own any. But I did it.

And the result? Um, my hair was there, existing and whatnot. It felt kind of hard and not moisturized, stripped sort of. It was still kind of tangled, shed hair was still in there. It had curly clumps, with some of the middle portions kind of suspiciously straight, like they had been blow dried. but they were wet. I'm not calling it damage, before anyone gets upset, I'm just describing, it's what I think of texturized hair looking like. I'm actually in line to get a texturizer as soon as my hair dresser has done enough research that she feels comfortable enough to do them, so I'm not dissing texturizers or anything, just saying. After trying it out on that 1 section, I really had no desire to continue on to the other 7. And I also didn't have the time. I really do not have the time in my life right now to devote many hours to my hair.

So my hair is currently still mostly tangled. Tomorrow I might rewet and apply conditioner and detangle with a comb, then blow dry.

This is here to mostly document my experience. No one of course needs to feel obligated to fix this problem. It's okay if it didn't work out for me. My experience is generally there will be some new trend that everyone swears by, I'll try it, it won't work, people will say it's because I did it wrong, then I'll try multiple slight permutations of the method, like next time I'll add 1.25 tablespoons of honey, not just 1, then I'll do it with rhassoul, not bentonite, then I'll do it with KCCC, not Giovanni, and I'll do a bunch of permutations that also don't work until I once again accept my hair for what it is and go back to OT where I belong.

ETA: Geez, after reading that, it sounds really negative. Sorry to bring down the mood. It's true it didn't work out for me, but I am glad it's working out for some. Y'all need to talk to @JudithO who posted a thread asking for hair help, maybe this method would help her.
One other thing, KCKT was not enough DC for my hair. I definitely had to have more conditioning power. I have lots of DCs because I will try anything and everything--MHM approved or not, but that's just me.
To mix my clay I use an old 8 oz SD conditioner jar. I use an old medicine cup (aka NyQuil). I add about a tbs of hot water to the jar and then about 6 tbs (3 medicine cups) of rhassoul Clay. I add about a tbs of raw honey and a splash (tsp) of ACV. To that I add enough warm-hot water to fill the jar, I stir enough to wet the clay and the put the top on and shake, shake, shake.

faithVA

I wet it everyday. I take a shower every morning between 5 and 6 AM and if water doesn't kiss my scalp I don't wake up properly.
My daily process is co-wash, leave-in, gel...all during the course of my 15 min shower. I use a comb once a month.
I use clay on the weekends. Today is clay day. As my hair grows it requires more clay...i'm up to 4 TSP in my mix!
My hair is wash n wear. I'm always surprised at how long folks process' are taking!
My hair isn't even wet in 10 minutes under the water. :lol: If I could ever do my hair in 1 hour I would think a miracle had happened.

faithVA

• 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 6-10 oz of water

• 1 cup pure clay powder
  • 2-3 cup warm water
  • 1 tablespoon of honey

Steps 4 and 5

You would be better off getting instructions and recipes from ladies in this thread who are doing this method versus using old info from old sites. It will save you a lot of trial and issues.

nyeredzi

You would be better off getting instructions and recipes from ladies in this thread who are doing this method versus using old info from old sites. It will save you a lot of trial and issues.
Thanks. I think I'm willing to try once more, maybe in a few weeks. Whose recipes for what would you suggest I try?

sweetpea7

Detangled with perfectly undone conditioner…Rinsed
Watery Clay rinse (calcium bentonite and water) ..Rinsed
Applied TJ TTT for about 5 min and Rinsed
On soaking wet hair and applied KCNT and SM curling gel soufflé :toocool::toocool::headspin: My hair is defined and laying closer to my head! I usually end up with a huge undefined curly fro. I had to diffuse it after 2 hrs its was still super wet.

sweetpea7

Girl, I am trying to get some cliff notes. Someone help me out.

For this hair care approach, do you have to wash or wet everyday? Do you have to wear your hair loose and shrunken everyday? Also, can folks keep it all the way real and say how much time you spend on your hair (1) daily and (2) over the course of a week?

It's recommended to do your hair once every 3 days.
I wet my hair every 2 days and wear a wng 99% of the time. Its not necessary, but it's easy and pretty quick.

Weekday (30 mins): Wet hair in shower and saturate my hair in conditioner and do a 2 min finger detangle. Rinse. Leave in. Aloe Vera Gel.

Weekend (1 hr): Spritz head with water. Apply conditioner to dry hair and comb detangle. Rinse in shower. Apply watery clay mix. Rinse. Leave in. SM curling gel

Guinan

Re-Branding
@nyeredzi , this is how I use MHM to suit my hair.

Step 1: ACV: measurements: 2oz of ACV and 6oz of water. Sometimes I rinse and sometimes I leave on for 15mins.

Step 2: DC: measurements: 2oz conditioner and 6oz of water. Sometimes I DC for 30 (w/heat) and sometimes I DC overnight. The conditioner I use is Tressume Undone or the lemon grass one.

Step 3: Clay: measurements: 1/4cups clay, 1tbsp of shea butter (not approved) and 8oz of water. Sometimes I just do a clay rinse and sometimes I leave it on for 15mins.

Step 4: Leavein: measurements: I dont really measure. I put a couple of skirts of leavein and fill my 32oz bottle with water. I use giovanni or allfaia(sp/not approved) as my leavein.

Step 5: Gel and Style: I use whatever gel I want. For wng's I use FSG or Botantical Curls. For twistouts I use whatever. Here lately I've been using La Bella gel and it works really good.

**I use Millcreek or Aphogee for my protein 1-2x's a month. Neither product is approved. BTW: I'm lo/med po.

Make adjustments as you see fit. I don't always finger detangle, sometimes I use a comb. If your still unsure you can always watch utuber msdeekay2012. She has videos of each step. Sometimes with finger detangling people can go overboard and thus cause more tangles. Get what you can and move on. Eventually you'll get it. There is also various videos out there on utube on how to properly finger detangle.

I do MHM whenever I feel like it. Sometimes I do it 1x's a week and sometimes I do it 2-3x's a week. It really depends on my mood and schedule. When I do the modied method, it takes me about 1-2hrs to complete my hair. If I'm doing the full version, it takes longer due to the overnight DC. But styling my hair usually doesnt take too long.

That's weird that after 3-4cups of water your clay was still too thick for you.

I think you really need to read and do your research before attempting to do this method again. Take baby steps and it will all come together eventually.

******Btw: Just curious, what was your reggie like before you tried MHM. What products did you use? What issues were you having with your hair for you to want to try MHM?

Last edited:

Holla4mom

I have a ton of gel stored up. I shouldn't have to make some for a month or two.

I made flaxseed gel with marshmallow root, burdock root and slippery elm. I also experimented with chia seeds, cinnamon, and oat straw. The chia seed gel was super slippery but it only produces a tiny amount so I won't bother with that (or the cinnamon or oat straw) next time.

I made okra gel and that has good slip. I then mixed together the flaxseed/ okra gel and added a little honey, squirt of agave nectar, a little almond oil, Vit E, rosemary oil, lavendar oil, tea tree oil and citric acid. I made enough to fill 6 ice cube trays. I plan to defrost enough to last a week and am hoping it will last out of the fridge for a week with the citric acid, Vit E, and Essential oils.

It worked well, but I feel like my hair is shinier and actually has better hold when I put a little more honey and agave nectar. However, I had minimized them because they're humectants and it's been raining alot (April showers:). My recipe held up well today even with the rain.

Holla4mom

@nyeredzi , I don't think I read of anyone who had a good outcome with the baking soda/ honey mix in place of the baking soda/ conditioner mix.

I also noticed that for people using KCKT, it wasn't conditioning enough for step 2. Many have had success with the Tressame Perfectly Undone for this step (self included).

For the clay mix, I do recommend looking at MsDeeKay's video on how to mix it. If you had ACV, I am suprised it didn't thin out for you. Of course, I've never started with an entire cup of clay. If you look through this thread, people are using TBS of clay, not cups. I'm using about 2-3 tbs of clay in my applicator bottle, but I think I need to be adding at least 4, not including the milk powder, slippery elm, sage, considering the density of my hair.

Holla4mom

I finished my CLCT yesterday and tried my new clay recipe:

Bentonite/ milk powder/ sage/ slippery elm powder and I mixed it with a tea (horsetail, nettle, marshmallow root, comfrey root), added honey, sweet almond oil, rosemary/cedarwood EOs, ACV.

Well, the clay didn't have enough slip, but my hair felt super strong between the sage, horsetail, nettle, etc. I did notice my hair swole up a little like it does with conditioner (i.e. declumped). I think adding the honey and oils, in addition to the milk powder and EOs might be too many moisturizers. I also don't think I get the same results when I do a quick clay rinse versus if I let it sit on each section while I go on to the others.

So even thought it wasn't as defined, and it was raining, I got compliments on my hair today at church and another sister who always like my wigs told me she liked my "crochet braids":) It was fun showing her that the hair was growing out of my scalp.:drunk:

nyeredzi

@nyeredzi , this is how I use MHM to suit my hair.

Step 1: ACV: measurements: 2oz of ACV and 6oz of water. Sometimes I rinse and sometimes I leave on for 15mins.

Step 2: DC: measurements: 2oz conditioner and 6oz of water. Sometimes I DC for 30 (w/heat) and sometimes I DC overnight. The conditioner I use is Tressume Undone or the lemon grass one.

Step 3: Clay: measurements: 1/4cups clay, 1tbsp of shea butter (not approved) and 8oz of water. Sometimes I just do a clay rinse and sometimes I leave it on for 15mins.

Step 4: Leavein: measurements: I dont really measure. I put a couple of skirts of leavein and fill my 32oz bottle with water. I use giovanni or allfaia(sp/not approved) as my leavein.

Step 5: Gel and Style: I use whatever gel I want. For wng's I use FSG or Botantical Curls. For twistouts I use whatever. Here lately I've been using La Bella gel and it works really good.

**I use Millcreek or Aphogee for my protein 1-2x's a month. Neither product is approved. BTW: I'm lo/med po.

Make adjustments as you see fit. I don't always finger detangle, sometimes I use a comb. If your still unsure you can always watch utuber msdeekay2012. She has videos of each step. Sometimes with finger detangling people can go overboard and thus cause more tangles. Get what you can and move on. Eventually you'll get it. There is also various videos out there on utube on how to properly finger detangle.

I do MHM whenever I feel like it. Sometimes I do it 1x's a week and sometimes I do it 2-3x's a week. It really depends on my mood and schedule. When I do the modied method, it takes me about 1-2hrs to complete my hair. If I'm doing the full version, it takes longer due to the overnight DC. But styling my hair usually doesnt take too long.

That's weird that after 3-4cups of water your clay was still too thick for you.

I think you really need to read and do your research before attempting to do this method again. Take baby steps and it will all come together eventually.

******Btw: Just curious, what was your reggie like before you tried MHM. What products did you use? What issues were you having with your hair for you to want to try MHM?

Thanks. I might try again in the future. If so I'll pick a reggie here, maybe yours since you laid it out so nicely. Being honest, I know I won't really do a lot of research for a regimen. I've been hair boarding it for 8 years, so I'm kind of spent in that arena. ;)

My hair care, when I'm being good, is wash weekly. I might detangle before of after washing. I wash and detangle in sections, about 15 of them. I use a wide tooth comb. Blow dry every 2nd to 3rd wash with a comb attachment. This is the best way to get all the shed hair out, and if it isn't all removed, the tangles just build and build. Use Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner and shampoo. Periodically use a stronger shampoo and periodically use some other conditioner. Aveda Damage Remedy is my favorite, though it's kind of expensive. I'll wear twists or a twist out if I didn't blow dry, and some other style, some updo, when I blow dry. Usually coconut oil as a leave in throughout the week. If I didn't blow dry, I might use some other leave in like KCKT.

I was interested in MHM because of a promise to get rid of tangles. I'm pretty good at retaining length, but hair care just takes so much time. I want something that doesn't take a lot of time. I've seen many hair trends come around and periodically I'll just try one people are raving about and when it doesn't work out after a few tries, I go back to what I've been doing. I've been natural for ... 19 years now, but I'm planning on texturizing soon, looking for easier hair.