Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Evolving78

Fine hair naturals, are you able to detangle without relying solely on finger detangling? I'm asking for a (lurker) friend.
when I was natural, I had to use a wide toothed comb, but that was due to my texture. My hair is extremely coily. Finger detangling was not going to remove all of the shed hairs.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
So, I've never seen any reviews here for the Dove Advance for curly hair. Anybody??? For some reason, Shea Moisture just isn't right for me. So, I'm not quite convinced to try the Cantu, then. Running out of options. PJ'ism is not just about being compelled to cave into trying everything new, it's trying to find something that works.

Britt

I took down my extension twists yesterday and washed my hair.

I used CJ Repair Me along with coconut oil on top of it. I sat under the steamer, when I rinsed out the conditioner my hair still felt oily and I was hoping it wouldn't be too oily when it was finished drying. Then I skeptically tried a new product for my twists --- Oyin's shine and define. I was totally surprised by the consistency as I thought it would be more like a gel type product but it's very creamy and kinda light. I applied it over my APB creamy pudding leave in on damp hair.

This morning my twist out looks good and my hair feels soooooo soft and NOT oily :woohoo: I think I'm gonna start back adding coconut oil to my dc's :yep:.

oneastrocurlie

My blow out and flat iron job is still holding up. I can slightly feel my roots reverting but doing good for a week. Just need it to last until Sunday.

Lilmama1011

I have to color, cut, mani and pedi a client. This is the most I had to do since I have been here. That's 6 1/2 hours I have. But then again they still have had me begin anything. I will be here after hours smh

Lilmama1011

I have to color, cut, mani and pedi a client. This is the most I had to do since I have been here. That's 6 1/2 hours I have. But then again they still have had me begin anything. I will be here after hours smh

Well she canceled so. I had a basic duck bill hair cut. Even though I didn't know what that was before doing it today

Lilmama1011

So, I've never seen any reviews here for the Dove Advance for curly hair. Anybody??? For some reason, Shea Moisture just isn't right for me. So, I'm not quite convinced to try the Cantu, then. Running out of options. PJ'ism is not just about being compelled to cave into trying everything new, it's trying to find something that works.

kanozas have you tried beautiful textures rapid repair. Your hair will be so soft. Ignore the repair part because it's more conditioning than protein, even by looking at the ingredients you can see that

PJaye

Fine hair naturals, are you able to detangle without relying solely on finger detangling? I'm asking for a (lurker) friend.

For me, finger detangling causes knots and more tangles, so I don't bother with it. I use a Magic Star Rake to detangle.

fatimablush

it's been one year since i was bald as all get out last year. one year and my hair has only grown 2 inches overall and one inch in certain spots. ...and oh btw did i mention i am waiting for my edges to return. all the darn massages in the world and nothing is helping. i don't even take biotin...i just take a regular multi and a couple other supplements for health..not for hair growth. i also eat leafy green veggies and eat healthy (i mess up some times) and i drink tons of water... all i see are a few struggle hairs..but nothing major. chemo and all of that really ravages the body.. all i can say is this...i am tired of wearing wigs...really tired. between my hair taking it's sweet time coming back and these hot flashes going through me when i don't follow my daily regimen...i am ready to scream. i don't have any patience. my hair looks like a leopard with spots..i hate it. i am going to do the Amber Rose this week-end...i mean really..my hair looks awful and i think it is best to cut it all off now and start over. i will texlax at a later time...SO doesn't mind...i wore my hair short when we met and he often wishes i would go back to it...since i have a perfectly shaped head. i guess he is tired of the wigs as well. i thought about it long and hard..my sis has already done it..now it is my turn . Now my eyebrows are another story....:lachen: i truly...truly...truly hate my hair.

Last edited:

humblebyHIM

PS:BSL 2016
Found my new love. AUSSIE CONDITIONERS!!!! I have been "hearing" about it for years on here but I have always been a V05/ Joice conditioner type of girl. But when I tell you about the slip in my 4 b/c HAIR!!!!!

I AM IN LOVE!!!!

Natty_Virgo

My hair is stressing me tf out right now. My hair likes nothing I put in it, I'm getting this deva cut tomorrow and can't figure out if I want to cut it all off or just a couple inches.

ImanAdero

I'm back to using a Denman brush. I just like it. I'll check for damage in a few weeks but honestly... my hair is just so much smoother and detangled when I use it.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess

No. I tried that method. I had too many tangles. I finger detangle weekly and comb with a huge take comb twice a month or as needed. When I was transitioning finger detangling worked better for me. It also prevented breakage at the demarcation line. but it took lots of oil on dry hair and lots of time and patience to remove shed hair.

Now that I am natural my fine strands need a comb sometimes. I get snarly knots and matts if I don't.

tapioca_pudding

I'm just barely 2 months post and I can get my hair into a puff. :yay: I ran out of gel this morning so I had to figure out something to do with my hair (normally I shingle with gel and then slick down my edges, etc). I just slapped some Aveda oil all over, brushed my edges down and threw on a head band and it worked! It's not a huge puff or anything, but it's bigger than I expected. :D

I kinda want to flat iron my hair to see what's going on with it, but I kinda don't want to for two reasons - 1, I'm lazy. :lol: 2, I dont want to get hooked on straight hair again, as that was what caused the damage last time (over-using heat). If I get more highlights added then I'll have to straighten prior to that appointment.. so maybe I'll just wait until I decide to get more highlights to straighten.

I ordered the Agadir gel that MoKnowsHair mentions on her channel. Can't wait to get it and try it.

I kinda want a new weekly deep conditioner, but I'm not sure what to try (it's so much out there and I've been SO simple these past two weeks). I had been using the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey mask and it's aiight.. I don't love it though. I thought about the Hairveda Strilliniallah (totally spelled that wrong lol) but there's something up with that website. Not sure what else to try...

Still pissed @ the Curls brand that they jacked the price of the Blueberry jelly from $18 to $25.. I almost wanna send an email to inquire and see what that's all about. The price hike however did not deter me from still wanting to buy this damn product. :lol:

naija24

gonna dye my hair on saturday and have a nice red twa. i need to do something different with it. now that i've BC, i do not care about this long hair journey anymore. i don't think long hair ever looked good on me either.

gabulldawg

I'm thinking about possibly getting individual braids.... I think they can be so cute. And I'm not as worried about losing hair since I'm natural.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
The Target near me has taken KBB products off the regular shelf and moved them to the clearance shelf. I'm MAD because the two products I wanted to try were all gone. :wallbash:

faithVA

The Target near me has taken KBB products off the regular shelf and moved them to the clearance shelf. I'm MAD because the two products I wanted to try were all gone. :wallbash:

Hmm, thanks for the heads up. I will check out my Target.

Lilmama1011

Just picked up some henna. the only reason I got it was because a girl and I was talking about it at school and the girl got me wanting to get it.

Lilmama1011

Just picked up some henna. the only reason I got it was because a girl and I was talking about it at school and the girl got me wanting to get it.

Just thought about it, this one the one that crumbled up on me. Maybe I have to add more water to it because my SO mom said it didn't bead up on her. I just hate ordering and waiting also. Last time I got the regular henna and it had my hair black, which I think it's was indigo. Now I got henna red which I think it is the regular henna. They have henna, henna red, henna mahogany, and henna chestnut. I think they just mixed different forms of henna

Natty_Virgo

Got my deva cut today, I really liked the way she shaped it. Plus now I have bangs yay. Those devacurl products are terrible tho.

fatimablush

why is everyone dyeing their hair blonde?

i was going to do a honey blonde or caramel color in the summer..everyone on the sites on thecutlife on instagram has blond hair. one of my friends just dyed her hair platinum or that white color..it looks nice on her though.

why

Lilmama1011

why is everyone dyeing their hair blonde?

i was going to do a honey blonde or caramel color in the summer..everyone on the sites on thecutlife on instagram has blond hair. one of my friends just dyed her hair platinum or that white color..it looks nice on her though.

why

Because they don't care to have hair :look: