MHM Hangout

trebell

trebell, I changed my mind about what I told you. I thought about it more. With terressentials when your hair feels filmy it means its trying to remove the build up. They tell you how to do a detox on their site. Apply the mud and leave for 30 minutes. Apply again and leave for 15. Then apply again and rinse. You can still dilute it a bit with water to stretch it. It sounds like you are getting conditioner build up with you wash n goes.

Thank you. Will do next wash. How do I incorporate the CLCT treatment with this now?

HopefulOne

I did my 2nd Cherry Lola last week and it worked just as good as the first time I started the regimen which I believe was in January. I am doing the regimen about 2 X per week and I aim to sometimes co-wash in between. I have to be honest that I only managed to do the co-wash the day I bought the Tresemme Radiant. However, the PJ in me wants to try the new Tresemme so eventually I'll get around to do the co-wash regularly in between. I have NOT put a comb in my hair since I started this regimen except for the 1X I went to the salon for a trim and she had to comb my hair.

I have been on this forum for a very very long time. I've been relaxed and now natural and I have tried many regimens, products, etc. I cannot help myself from repeating it enough, but this is the BEST...........I repeat the BEST regimen I have tried which has practically eliminated ALL breakage and shedding is damn near non-existent. I keep scouring my bathroom floor and checking the hair catcher in my tub to check for hair and nothing, nada, zilch. I intentionally tried to finger detangle my hair extra hard just to test the breaking point and this sucka is like teflon. The elasticity in my hair has increased and it's like I have 100% retention.

I'm wondering if this regimen would've worked the same when I was relaxed? Is anyone relaxed doing MHM?

I wish everyone on the board would understand that this method does TWO things - definition and retention. I don't think there is anything better than this method for retention. I am a totally defined 3c APL and I check for tangles and they just aren't there. My hair appears to have grown so much since I started the regiment but it's really just retention.

faithVA

[USER=275934 said:
trebell[/USER];21189687]Thank you. Will do next wash. How do I incorporate the CLCT treatment with this now?

I think you need to clarify before you do the CLCT. So do it first and then do the CLCT. You don't have to do it the same day but remove the layer of build up. If you don't feel like doing 3 back to back mudwashes and you have a clarifying shampoo, just use the shampoo and go for the CLCT after that.

faithVA

I only have Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Gel on my hair in the dead of winter and my hair feels soft and moisturized. That has never happened. I have never been able to just use one product and not have my hair dry out or have my hair soft. Loving my good hair days.

GGsKin

^^This is how I'm feeling. Ok so I only have (wheatgerm oil and) KCCC but my hair looks and feels great. No crazy shrinkage. Hair is shiny and soft (especially after scrunching the gel cast).

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm starting to miss my hair since being in these twists. This Thursday will make two weeks that I've had them in. I plan on doing an ACV rinse and maybe a DC/Clay this weekend.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I only have Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Gel on my hair in the dead of winter and my hair feels soft and moisturized. That has never happened. I have never been able to just use one product and not have my hair dry out or have my hair soft. Loving my good hair days.

Sounds great! I might have to try the CR Aloe Whipped Gel.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

faithVA

[USER=323671 said:
KiWiStyle[/USER];21190225]Sounds great! I might have to try the CR Aloe Whipped Gel.

I don't think it will define your curls. I don't wear WNGs so it works for me. If you have it try it. But if you don't already have it I wouldn't go buy it. I would check with the ladies in the WNG thread before buying anything. They know their gels.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I think you need to clarify before you do the CLCT. So do it first and then do the CLCT. You don't have to do it the same day but remove the layer of build up. If you don't feel like doing 3 back to back mudwashes and you have a clarifying shampoo, just use the shampoo and go for the CLCT after that.

I was so eager to start my clct today and by the time I realized I was applying it over dried gel, it was too late. Oops! My hair still felt really good but I'm doing it again in a few weeks on clean DRY hair.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I don't think it will define your curls. I don't wear WNGs so it works for me. If you have it try it. But if you don't already have it I wouldn't go buy it. I would check with the ladies in the WNG thread before buying anything. They know their gels.

I rush to try anything with the word gel on the container because sometimes I get tired of hard hair. Thanks for letting me know!

faithVA

I was so eager to start my clct today and by the time I realized I was applying it over dried gel, it was too late. Oops! My hair still felt really good but I'm doing it again in a few weeks on clean DRY hair.

I don't think your hair has to be clean before you do the CLCT. I didn't wash my hair before I did the other treatments. The only reason I suggested it to trebell is because she sounds like she has build up and she needs a fresh start.

You should be fine. The hair doesn't need to be clean or dry. But nothing wrong with rinsing and then putting the CLCT on after the rinse.

Why did you emphasis Dry?

faithVA

I rush to try anything with the word gel on the container because sometimes I get tired of hard hair. Thanks for letting me know!

Well visit the Winter WNG thread and find out what the ladies are using. They really break down what works and what doesn't and they show their hair. You can eliminate a lot of the guess work.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I don't think your hair has to be clean before you do the CLCT. I didn't wash my hair before I did the other treatments. The only reason I suggested it to trebell is because she sounds like she has build up and she needs a fresh start.

You should be fine. The hair doesn't need to be clean or dry. But nothing wrong with rinsing and then putting the CLCT on after the rinse.

Why did you emphasis Dry?

I emphasized dry because I read on either pinkcube's or dubaidee's page to apply the clct on dry hair. I don't know why though.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I did my 2nd Cherry Lola last week and it worked just as good as the first time I started the regimen which I believe was in January. I am doing the regimen about 2 X per week and I aim to sometimes co-wash in between. I have to be honest that I only managed to do the co-wash the day I bought the Tresemme Radiant. However, the PJ in me wants to try the new Tresemme so eventually I'll get around to do the co-wash regularly in between. I have NOT put a comb in my hair since I started this regimen except for the 1X I went to the salon for a trim and she had to comb my hair. I have been on this forum for a very very long time. I've been relaxed and now natural and I have tried many regimens, products, etc. I cannot help myself from repeating it enough, but this is the BEST...........I repeat the BEST regimen I have tried which has practically eliminated ALL breakage and shedding is damn near non-existent. I keep scouring my bathroom floor and checking the hair catcher in my tub to check for hair and nothing, nada, zilch. I intentionally tried to finger detangle my hair extra hard just to test the breaking point and this sucka is like teflon. The elasticity in my hair has increased and it's like I have 100% retention. I'm wondering if this regimen would've worked the same when I was relaxed? Is anyone relaxed doing MHM?
I second that on the retention. I can literally see my hair grow because it's not breaking! I started MHM in November about 6 months after my BC. I was taking a monthly LC pic just so I wouldn't get discouraged. The difference between the first 6 months and the last 3 is night and day. I wish I had found MHM sooner!

faithVA

I emphasized dry because I read on either pinkcube's or dubaidee's page to apply the clct on dry hair. I don't know why though.

I wouldn't worry about it. I think they just meant you don't have to wash it and go through an extra step. DubaiDee had me clarify first and then do the CLCT this weekend, so I know she is fine with the hair being wet. So it is good either way.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Did I miss something. I always apply on dry hair. Is that wrong?

I don't think so. I just always like to rinse product on my hair before starting step 1. Now I'm do wet or dry but in the future I plan to rinse the gel out.

discodumpling

This is yesterdays wash n go after it was fully dried. It was 40 degrees yesterday...felt like summer time so I didn't have a beanie on LOL!

April 1st will make 1 yr since my latest BC. I cut my hair down to 1/2"curls! i'm anxious to check the length I gained from MHM!

The remnants of my hair colour are really getting on my nerves but slow and steady always wins the race so i'll be trimming my colour gradually...who knows how long that will take?!

trebell

I ha to go back on this thread. I have to stop. Because I need a pen and paper. So much info!!! I know I'm low po, my hair doesn't like coconut oil. I need s mentor lol.

ETA: what website has an updated approved list?

Last edited:

faithVA

I ha to go back on this thread. I have to stop. Because I need a pen and paper. So much info!!! I know I'm low po, my hair doesn't like coconut oil. I need s mentor lol.

You have plenty of people in this thread that will help you. Just post what you need and someone will help you. What's causing you problems?

Smiley79

I've been in a sew in the past few weeks so I haven't checked in to this thread with updates lately. Because of the positive results that I've experienced with the Cherry Lola treatment and MHM, I am thinking of doing my third big chop. It's so random and I'm thinking it through to make sure I don't make an impulse decision but I'm somewhat excited about doing the big chop again and continuing the MHM on a fresh slate of hair.

Oh well, if I decide to do it, you all will be the first to know. :)

Guinan

Re-Branding
I agree that this method helps me with retention. I took a twist down yesterday and compared my length today to when i BC in August 2014. I was surprisingly shocked.

Last edited:

HopefulOne

Faith,

I need a regimen check, there have been so many changes I want you to check my regimen.
BS with honey olive oil conditioner
DC with diluted conditioner
Clay with coconut milk or heavy cream with honey, olive oil
Aloe and water
Leave-in
Styler

faithVA

[USER=33817 said:
HopefulOne[/USER];21193285]Faith,

I need a regimen check, there have been so many changes I want you to check my regimen.
BS with honey olive oil conditioner
DC with diluted conditioner
Clay with coconut milk or heavy cream with honey, olive oil
Aloe and water
Leave-in
Styler

I will do my best. It's hard to do a regimen check because most everyone is doing their own thing :lol:

From previous posts it seems like your regimen is working for you. Is there anything causing you concern.

The only thing that stands out, is in step 1 you are using baking soda which is good for low porosity hair. And then after the clay you are using aloe which is good for high porosity hair. If you aren't low porosity, find something else to clean your hair with for step 1. Don't increase your ph or lift the cuticle unless its really necessary.

Secondly if you are going to do aloe and water, you really don't need a leave-in as well. Its a redundant step.

At some point you can consider simplifying your regimen if you want.

HopefulOne

I will do my best. It's hard to do a regimen check because most everyone is doing their own thing :lol: From previous posts it seems like your regimen is working for you. Is there anything causing you concern. The only thing that stands out, is in step 1 you are using baking soda which is good for low porosity hair. And then after the clay you are using aloe which is good for high porosity hair. If you aren't low porosity, find something else to clean your hair with for step 1. Don't increase your ph or lift the cuticle unless really necessary. Secondly if you are going to do aloe and water, you really don't need a leave-in as well. Its a redundant step. At some point you can consider simplifying your regimen if you want.

Thanks so much, I am lo po 3c totally defined . Thanks for tip on aloe. I will eliminate the aloe and just use a leave -in. Thanks again for the check, I want to stay on target.

trebell

You have plenty of people in this thread that will help you. Just post what you need and someone will help you. What's causing you problems?

This is what I've been doing. I'm low po and I just figured this out. At first I was using acv for step 1. But went back to BS with conditioner. I was using Giovanni smooth conditioner but it seems as though it wasn't penetrating. I sit under my steam during step 2, not sure if that would help. Then I've been using the Aztec calcium clay (is this bad for low po hair?). The clay step has never been easy for me. And step 4 I've been using kckt but I'm not sure if I like it. It seems like everyone knows what their hair likes and I feel lost.

I'm going to do my cherry lola treatment tomorrow if it snows. And I just purchased 2 bottles of tresemme undone conditioner. What should I do about my clay step bc my hair always feels filmy. And how should I apply my leave in. I see some are diluting it and spraying it now.

Also, someone stole my ssn and filed taxes with it so I'm sad about this. People today are so selfish and cold.

GGsKin

trebell I consider myself low porosity too (still don't think I really know but going by how my hair reacts to certain things). I used the aztec calcium bentonite for this regimen more than the other clays I've tried and I never had a problem with dryness, like some have. But now I tend to mix bentonite and rhassoul.

I'm not sure if some folks distinguish between the calcium bentonite and the sodium bentonite (which may attributed to dryness- especially over time).

Sorry if you've said it before (I've combed over this thread a few times, even though I've read the whole thing:lol:) but what is your clay mix? And what's the consistency? I've never had an issue washing out my clay. Mine is kind of thick. It pours out of my bottle, but won't run easily through my fingers. The only time my hair felt coated after this step, was when I used coconut milk. And even then, it wasn't a bad feeling. My hair kind of felt stronger (but I also did a CLCT that day).

For step 1, I also alternated between the ACV and BS/ conditioner, but have used BS more often (I think).

Don't feel lost. We are all here trying to find our way, and help each other out. Hopefully you can get closer to nailing what the problem is.

Last edited: