BeeMine Bee-U-Ti-Ful DC'er
DevaCurl No Poo
Phytophanere Vitamins

InBloom

In my new-growth
Hit
Finding a product line and sticking to it long enough for my hair to thrive

Miss
Trying more than one new product or hair treatment at a time...being unable to pinpoint culprits in my regimen.

CodeRed

I started taking flaxseed oil orally by capsule last month but noticed yesterday that, before I even put anything on it, my scalp had a sheen to it that I'd never noticed before. My scalp is usually healthy looking but this time it had a moisturized looking shine... good stuff :)

NicoleSelah

Design Essentials Express Conditioner it made my 4b/c hair that is 15 months post relaxer manageable.

Last edited:

CluelessJL

Hit: emu oil conditioner.

Miss: I still can't get my ends to behave when I twist my hair overnight.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Hit: mixing my oil and conditioner together before applying, rather than applying them separately.

CodeRed

Hit: Letting someone else do my hair every once in a while. Got a relaxer yesterday at a Dominican salon and those women don't play... I don't care if you get a relaxer or are a straight natural...if you want straight hair, they get that stuff LAID.

ms.blue

Big ole fat miss:
Using two new products for the first time...had to re condition my hair all over again.

Surprised hit: wearing my hair in a bun. I usually don't like wearing my hair in a bun since I feel it is a boring hairstyle but for the past 3 weeks it has been my go to style.

NaturallyATLPCH

Miss: Bellezza Naturale Refresher Sprays
Work well as leave Ins but do nothing for my hair as actual refresher sprays

Continued Hit: Jakeala Shea Amla Castor Hemp Parfait

Britt

I think this can be classified as a HIT: Oyin shine and define!

I skeptically tried it b/c of all the mixed reviews. For some reason, I though the product was more of a serum type/cream/gel consistency. I was hoping the store that I bought it from had a fresh batch b/c I wasn't sure how exactly it was supposed to look like.

I washed my hair and applied my usual APB creamy pudding leave in and then applied the shine and define which was def like a light cream to each twist and the next morning my twist out was defined with no crunch at all. I wasn't sure it was going to work b/c I was thinking the product should be more of a gel type consistency? I really didn't think I would like it b/c it was more on the creamy side. Well see how this holds up in the summertime with the humidity.

CodeRed

Big ole fat miss:
Using two new products for the first time...had to re condition my hair all over again.

Surprised hit: wearing my hair in a bun. I usually don't like wearing my hair in a bun since I feel it is a boring hairstyle but for the past 3 weeks it has been my go to style.

Buns are awesome. You can stick all kinds of things in them to make them look pretty... they can be messy, neat and everything in between... I actually like wearing my hair up more than I like wearing it down because of all the pretty little things I can put in it and I'm not even a girlie girl :lol:

PJaye

Hugely Disappointing Misses:

Bellezza Naturale Skin Eczema Ointment
This product is nothing but an ultra thick vat of wax with oils and butters mixed into it. It didn’t provide me with any softness or offer any long-lasting moisture. In fact, my skin looked and felt un-moisturized immediately after application. This was a total waste of time and money.

Bellezza Naturale Skin Marigold Cream
The consistency of this product reminds me of the old, used cooking oil that was housed in a metal can on top of my aunt’s stove – it is grayish yellow, gritty and somewhat gelatinous in nature. However, the most offensive characteristic of the product is its aroma. As soon as I opened the lid of the jar, my nose was assaulted with the a pungent mixture of wax and fake flowers. This product both looks nasty and smells nasty. No..just no.

Bellezza Naturale Skin Honey & Almond Soap
This is a thick, extremely hard block of soap that resembles a honey comb on one side. The aroma is way too faint for me to offer any descriptors. This product provides very, very, very little lather and even less moisture. Since my skin felt so dry and tight after each use, I was forced to discard it entirely.

J. Monique Naturals Hibiscus & Broccoli Deep Conditioner
This product has a thick, creamy consistency along with a brownish-purplish hue. During application, this conditioner felt extremely gritty and had the most noxious aroma – it smelled like “old lady perfume” circa 1979 (a loud, brassy, cheap floral nastiness that seemed to attach itself to all of the cells and atoms in the vicinity). Given its smell and the brown tinged water that continually dripped down my neck, this habitual extended DC-er was forced to rinse this stuff out after 20 minutes of torture. After rinsing, my hair felt blah...as if I hadn’t applied a DC at all. And, to my horror, the smell of the DC was everywhere!!! As a result, I was forced to shampoo and DC my hair again. I also had to shower, change clothing, scrub my hair tools, toss the towels, washcloths and clothes into the machine and throw away the processing cap I had used in order to eliminate all remnants of that smell. After which, I tossed this product into the trash and went to lie down with a cold compress applied to my forehead.

Four products trashed. I guess that's one way to reduce my product stash.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hugely Disappointing Misses:

J. Monique Naturals Hibiscus & Broccoli Deep Conditioner
This product has a thick, creamy consistency along with a brownish-purplish hue. During application, this conditioner felt extremely gritty and had the most noxious aroma – it smelled like “old lady perfume” circa 1979 (a loud, brassy, cheap floral nastiness that seemed to attach itself to all of the cells and atoms in the vicinity). Given its smell and the brown tinged water that continually dripped down my neck, this habitual extended DC-er was forced to rinse this stuff out after 20 minutes of torture. After rinsing, my hair felt blah...as if I hadn’t applied a DC at all. And, to my horror, the smell of the DC was everywhere!!! As a result, I was forced to shampoo and DC my hair again. I also had to shower, change clothing, scrub my hair tools, toss the towels, washcloths and clothes into the machine and throw away the processing cap I had used in order to eliminate all remnants of that smell. After which, I tossed this product into the trash and went to lie down with a cold compress applied to my forehead.

Four products trashed. I guess that's one way to reduce my product stash.

PJaye

:down:

You Betta' PREACH! :barf:

That product is the absolute worst of the worst.:barf: :barf:

Honi

There is no board.
Hibiscus and broccoli???? That sounds and smells nasty. What's in there broccoli juice?

Hit:

Orlando pita Argan gloss conditioning treatment from Costco. Oh man this stuff is delicious! Creamy and softens on contact. Next time I'm going to let it stay on a little longer with heat. Hair was roota toota smooth and shiny at 5 months post TU and works well with CON Argan shampoo

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Honi

J. Monique Naturals Hibiscus & Broccoli Deep Conditioner =

Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Broccoli Butter, Horsetail Butter, Shea Butter, Hibiscus, Kola Nut, Fennel Seed, Grapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natureal Emulsifying Wax, Vegetable Glycerin, Fragrance

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
How is that a deep conditioner when there is no conditioner in it? It has no behentrimonium chloride, no cetearyl alcohol, no fatty alcohols etc. I don't see any ingredients that would provide slip. IDareT'sHair This looks like twisting butter to me.

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

How is that a deep conditioner when there is no conditioner in it? It has no behentrimonium chloride, no cetearyl alcohol, no fatty alcohols etc. I don't see any ingredients that would provide slip. IDareT'sHair This looks like twisting butter to me.

Wow you are so right! No BTMS, Marshmallow Root, nada. Yes, I agree DoDo, that definitely looks like a twisting butter :lol:!

CodeRed

Hit: Hempseed oil. No matter how much I add to my deep conditioner, I can conditioner rinse it out easily and it leaves my hair so soft. Mad I didn't try this sooner...

Hit and miss: Mustard powder. I think it was working on my scalp like it's supposed to but it's so, so drying to my hair and I don't really want to go through the work of mixing it with a butter/solid oil especially for my scalp. I'll do a different growth mixture that I can put on my whole head. I used it in my fried cabbage though and it tasted really good so it's not a loss :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Tea Rinsing
BlueRoze Beauty's Strawberry ACV Rinse *discontinued*
Mielle Organics Honey Dewberry Cowash
BeeMine Bee-U-Ti-Ful DC'er
Liquid Gold's Green Magic
Jakeala's Coffee Hair Balm

MsSanz92

Hits:
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Styling Lotion
- Pantene Truly Natural Deep Conditioner
- The Mane Choice Doesn't Get Much Butter Than This

Continued Hits:
- Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo
- Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner
- Simplicity Hair Oil Blend

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: Hempseed oil. No matter how much I add to my deep conditioner, I can conditioner rinse it out easily and it leaves my hair so soft. Mad I didn't try this sooner...

Hit and miss: Mustard powder. I think it was working on my scalp like it's supposed to but it's so, so drying to my hair and I don't really want to go through the work of mixing it with a butter/solid oil especially for my scalp. I'll do a different growth mixture that I can put on my whole head. I used it in my fried cabbage though and it tasted really good so it's not a loss :)

Hempseed oil is the business. :yep:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
New Hits:
Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste -- great for laying them edges
Adding castor oil to DCner -- gives hair an extra level of softness

Continued Hits:
Silk Elements Kera Minerals Conditioner -- cheap, moisturizing & gives excellent slip
Hempseed oil -- provides a nice shine to the hair