What were your first 'wow' products?

ravenhairedcharm

@ravenhairedcharm I'm considering buying the Qhemet to moisture my flat*ironed hair. I am 4a natural, medium texture. Does it cause reversion? How do you apply it, on wet or dry hair? What's your hair type?
Thanks

@HappyAtLast I'm a type 4a/4b, medium texture. The heavy cream is definitely best used on wet hair. Use it right after washing your hair and the moisture and softness will last for days. I've used it on dry hair once, but it is harder to spread, I use the burdock root cream on dry hair instead.

I think it's possible to use it to moisturize flat ironed hair since it's castor oil based, but you would really have to use a TINY bit. It also has glycerin in it, and while that isn't a problem for me that could cause reversion on straight hair. It works wonders on natural hair though! HTH

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
@HappyAtLast I'm a type 4a/4b, medium texture. The heavy cream is definitely best used on wet hair. Use it right after washing your hair and the moisture and softness will last for days. I've used it on dry hair once, but it is harder to spread, I use the burdock root cream on dry hair instead.

I think it's possible to use it to moisturize flat ironed hair since it's castor oil based, but you would really have to use a TINY bit. It also has glycerin in it, and while that isn't a problem for me that could cause reversion on straight hair. It works wonders on natural hair though! HTH

That helps a ton. Thanks! I'm going to order samples of both creams and go from there.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Through most of my hair journey nothing wowed me. I got by on products that were just okay. But last year I discovered Ingredients to Die For products and fell in love. Then they developed their Intense Moisture Cream last summer and I was a goner. My hair has never felt so good.

Eta: Linange Shea butter texturizer wowed me. I can't believe forgot about it, but it is a wonderful texturizer/relaxer.

Last edited:

meka72

APB leave in conditioner and hair cream--my natural hair had never felt so soft and moisturized until I used these products (although QB AOHC & BRBC have currently supplanted it as THE most moisturizing for my hair)

SD Razzberry Coconut Affair conditioner--this stuff takes my hair to another level

Holla

So many to list ...

Silicon Mix (original)

VO5 Silky Experience conditioner in coconut

Dr. Cabello leave-in and deep conditioner

Keracare hydrating and detangling poo (classic - not sulfate-free)

MHC Buttery Soy creme (for edges)

Crisco (tub)

Elasta QP Mango Butter (original)

Ecostyler Olive Oil for Edges

Oyin Hair Dew

NaturallyATLPCH

Through most of my hair journey nothing wowed me. I got by on products that were just okay. But last year I discovered Ingredients to Die For products and fell in love. Then they developed their Intense Moisture Cream last summer and I was a goner. My hair has never felt so good.

Eta: Linange Shea butter texturizer wowed me. I can't believe forgot about it, but it is a wonderful texturizer/relaxer.

You keep speaking of this Intense Moisture Cream Nightingale, I actually have it along with the cleansing cream in my cart.

I tried a conditioning base from Texas Natural Beauty Supply and it was just okay. It didn't wow me. For the shipping that I will pay, I need that wow factor. I am actually considering adding bases to my regimen.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
You keep speaking of this Intense Moisture Cream Nightingale, I actually have it along with the cleansing cream in my cart.

I tried a conditioning base from Texas Natural Beauty Supply and it was just okay. It didn't wow me. For the shipping that I will pay, I need that wow factor. I am actually considering adding bases to my regimen.

PMed you. 10characters

tdillz

These products may be fairly new to me and maybe old to you!

Alikay naturals - shea yogurt (great for moisture and styler for twist outs)

Shea moisture manuka honey and Mafura oil conditioning mask ( this is bomb!) made my hair feel so soft and moisturized! I can't wait to try the rest of the line!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Scurl moisturizer
ORS replenishing conditioner
Silicon Mix (original)
World of Curls gel
Eucalyptus oil
Extra virgin olive oil
CON Argan oil shampoo

JustSitNBePretty

Old CON in green bottle
Aphogee 2-Step
Aphogee 2-minute
ORS Replenishing Conditioner
Ecostyler Gel
Hair Chemist Macadamia Oil Deep Conditioner
Trader Joes Nourishspa Conditioner
Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Pre-shampoo Rx: Shea Moisture Purification Masque

Shampoo: CON Argan oil shampoo

Conditioner: Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle

Deep Conditioner: Curl Junkie Deep Fix

Protein Deep Conditioner: Repair Me

Leave in: Oyin Hair Dew

Oil: Avocado

Moisturizer: Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream

Butter: Murumuru butter

Pomade: Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade

When I tried each of these products, it was the first time I had a 'wow' reaction with a hair product in each of these categories.

Last edited:

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
When I first started my HJ in jan 07 it was the jeri curl activator in the dark gold bottle and the Africa's kids shea butter detangling lotion.

maxineshaw

Royal Roots Moisture Glaze
Black Earth Protective Mist Bodifier
Black Earth Shampoo
Black Earth Conditioner
Black Earth Oyl

As you can see I was a big fan of Taliah Waajid. Back in the day there was no product that moisturized and detangled my hair as well as her products. And they were (well, still are) affordable too. It still amazes me that I can walk into an exchange and buy her stuff when I used to have to order that stuff online and pay for shipping.

Alas, one product on the list has been discontinued. The rest have been watered down and reformulated. I just can't support her products anymore when I know how good they used to be. Now they are just a shadow of their former effectiveness.

maxineshaw

All these shout outs for Aussie Moist. I have been natural for almost eight years and I still haven't tried it.

CluelessJL

So many great products! I'm jealous of all the choice you have in the States :) although part of me is also a little relieved - I think international shipping fees are the only thing standing between me and some serious PJism! :grin:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

My wow moment was not with a product, but with learning to formulate my own conditioners and leave-ins. I can add all the oils/herbs my hair loves with conditioning emulsifier (BTMS-50 & Cetyl Alcohol) hydrolyzed wheat protein, pro vitamin b-5, glycerin, tea trea oil, essential oils, preservative, and water. I get a thick creamy conditioner with none of the byproducts, and it moisturizes and strengthens my hair. Nothing beats it! When I'm feeling lazy, Tresemme Naturals Moisture Rich is a second choice (with a lil doctoring, lol). I usually make a large batch of my conditioner since it is a process and time consuming (but very fun to do).

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ronie

Shampoo: elucence moisture benefits
DC: joico moisture recovery treatment balm
Protein: Claudie renew protein, Claudie normalizing conditioner
Leave in conditioner: silk dreams wheat germ butter conditioner
Moisturizer: QB burdock root butter cream
Butter: Silk dreams mocha bling
I have since had "wower" moments with other products in each category, except for the leave in conditioner.

spacetygrss

JOICO Moisture Recovery Balm--I'm a product junkie so I've used a lot of stuff, but NOTHING comes close to this. This is my boo.

Blue Rose Beauty Chai Hair Tea--I was never a big proponent of prepooing, but one use of this and I was hooked. Tangles/knots just slip right out of my hair with this. I have 3 back ups.

JBCO--nuff said.

KCKT--great stuff. Nowadays I'm using SM Raw Shea Detangling Leave-in though. More moisture.

CluelessJL

My wow moment was not with a product, but with learning to formulate my own conditioners and leave-ins. I can add all the oils/herbs my hair loves with conditioning emulsifier (BTMS-50 & Cetyl Alcohol) hydrolyzed wheat protein, pro vitamin b-5, glycerin, tea trea oil, essential oils, preservative, and water. I get a thick creamy conditioner with none of the byproducts, and it moisturizes and strengthens my hair. Nothing beats it! When I'm feeling lazy, Tresemme Naturals Moisture Rich is a second choice (with a lil doctoring, lol). I usually make a large batch of my conditioner since it is a process and time consuming (but very fun to do).

MyAngelEyes~C~U your hair is gorgeous! I love the colour :)

Where did you learn how to make your own products? Are there threads on here and/or other good websites to start from?

MyAngelEyez~C~U

MyAngelEyes~C~U your hair is gorgeous! I love the colour :) Where did you learn how to make your own products? Are there threads on here and/or other good websites to start from?

Thank you, CluelessJL!

I did a lot of googling and finally came across the site Swift Crafty Monkey: http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/p/hair-care.html?m=1
Here is a conditioner tutorial from that site in .pdf format: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1020026/conditionertutorialthingie.pdf Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

JustSitNBePretty

APB leave in conditioner and hair cream--my natural hair had never felt so soft and moisturized until I used these products (although QB AOHC & BRBC have currently supplanted it as THE most moisturizing for my hair)

SD Razzberry Coconut Affair conditioner--this stuff takes my hair to another level
How do you use the APB hair cream in your regimen? I used it last week on wash day and while it wasn't a bad product, I wasn't blown away by it in terms of the moisture it provided.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I had my wow moment while I was transitioning. When I used as I am coconut cowash for the first time. It made my hair feel so soft. It's still one of my staples now that I'm natural. As I am curling jelly is definitely a wow product from the first time I used it. Camille rose curl maker and mop top curly hair custard are also wows for me. I also can't live without Aussie moist conditioner it has definitely been a wow product.

Desert Skye

Way back when I first starting caring for my hair:keracare humecto conditioner.

i finally understood what "slip" meant. But now it does not have the same effect on my hair since I became natural.