Hide Your Hair 2015

trclemons

The plan was to hide my hair using mini braids for the entire year. Welp, it's only February and already dh is complaining. Buns don't work for me because I hate dealing with all this hair at once. I'm really just thinking about cutting if off and maintaining a short afro.
Firstborn2

Nooooo.......What about compromising with him? Wear your mini braids for 3 or 4 weeks and use 1 week to wear your hair in his favorite styles.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Firstborn2

Nooooo.......What about compromising with him? Wear your mini braids for 3 or 4 weeks and use 1 week to wear your hair in his favorite styles.

He said he just want me to switch it up sometimes. So I went out and purchased some Marley hair for a kinky bun. I'll try that for a while. Thanks for the suggestion.

trclemons

I sponge washed my scalp and crochet braids today. I have 1 more week left in this style and I am ready to take it down and get to my real hair.

For the past 2 months, I have kept a style in for a month and I've determined that that is too long for me. So I have decided to only keep a style for 3 weeks max.

davisbr88

Sadly pulling out of this challenge for the time being. I am using the water only method and I am really just enjoying wearing my true natural texture out.
Still rooting for you all!

FollicleFanatic

Not sure what's going on with my hair but the growth seems to have stalled. I've been spoiling her so well too :nono:

Attachments

• IMG_20150221_201417~2.jpg
    IMG_20150221_201417~2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20150221_201810~2.jpg
    IMG_20150221_201810~2.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 55

Gr8ness83

I reinstalled these loc extensions on February 3rd. This is the growth so far from then until now. I think I may have started a growth spurt! I have 74 more days until I remove these! I can't wait... Then on to the next PS.

Attachments

• IMAG2897(1).jpg
    IMAG2897(1).jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 90

trclemons

I reinstalled these loc extensions on February 3rd. This is the growth so far from then until now. I think I may have started a growth spurt! I have 74 more days until I remove these! I can't wait... Then on to the next PS.
I'm jealous. I've been hoping to have a growth spurt since I started my HHJ in 2012.

I think you're about to convince me to add locs as one of my styles for the year.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
New install of crochet braids. Aiming for 12 weeks.

Attachments

• 20150222_202212(0).jpg
    20150222_202212(0).jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

FollicleFanatic

Have you noticed if this is something that occurs during the winter season perhaps?

I've never had a stall like this to my knowledge. The previous winter my hair was growing steadily.

Eta. I just remembered I was applying EVCO to my scalp like everyday then. Will revisit.

Last edited:

trclemons

My kinky twists are all done, but I think I want to curl the ends.

When I started this challenge, I was keeping styles for a month. But that is just too long for me, so I am shaving off 1 week and will keep these in for 3 weeks before switching to another style.

So far, this challenge is going really well and so is my hair. I hope all is well with everyone else as we cruise into the month of March.

Attachments

• 2015-03-01 02.06.24.jpg
    2015-03-01 02.06.24.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

mrsroberson86

I will like to join. I was just looking on her for a protective style kind of challenge.

a. Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed
b. Current Hair Length: I will say mid back length

c. Hair Length Goal:full waist length maybe tailbone length

d. How many inches needed to reach hair length goal?maybe 4 inches

e. Regimen: wash senegalese twist with dry shampoo, moisture and seal my hair.

f. Braids/Cornrows/Locs/Twists/Buns
/Weaves/Wigs? Senegalese twist

g. How long will you be in the challenge? Until I deliver my son...so until the end of June.

h. Post your starting pic:

ForumRunner_20150303_152007.jpg

3. Post the following pics during this challenge:

a. Pics of each of your hairstyles
Pic of my senegalese twist

ForumRunner_20150303_162557.jpg

trclemons

I will like to join. I was just looking on her for a protective style kind of challenge.

a. Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed
b. Current Hair Length: I will say mid back length

c. Hair Length Goal:full waist length maybe tailbone length

d. How many inches needed to reach hair length goal?maybe 4 inches

e. Regimen: wash senegalese twist with dry shampoo, moisture and seal my hair.

f. Braids/Cornrows/Locs/Twists/Buns
/Weaves/Wigs? Senegalese twist

g. How long will you be in the challenge? Until I deliver my son...so until the end of June.

h. Post your starting pic:

View attachment 299177

3. Post the following pics during this challenge:

a. Pics of each of your hairstyles
Pic of my senegalese twist

View attachment 299189
Yeeesss honey, you are well on your way to waist length. Welcome!

mrsroberson86

Yeeesss honey, you are well on your way to waist length. Welcome!

Thanks, I just have to stay motivated. I get so bored with braids or senegalese twist. I've been stuck at mbl for a year now, so I'd figure I can tough it out for 3 more months. That will put me at 6 months post.