Nexxus Emergencee

MsCarmenP

Which Nexxus product is it that's the good protein treatment for breakage and shedding? It seems like there are/were different ones. I've read about Emergencee, Polymeric and another one. I'm in the store right now and all I see is Nexxus Emergencee Reconstructive System. Is that the right one? If not, which is the one people tend to rave over? Thanks.

SuchaLady

The full name of it is nexxus emergencee strengthening polymeric reconstructor. It looks like this

MsCarmenP

Thanks, do you know of any places that sell it on the ground (drugstores, Ulta, whoever)? I'm trying to avoid having to purchase it online.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
The Nexxus Emergencee pictured above is usually in drugstores like Cvs. The bottle I am using now looks different and has different directions. It says "Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor". I got that one from amazon

MsCarmenP

I've been to 4 different stores (Walgreens and CVS) and they only had the one I mentioned in OP. Guess I'll have to get it online. Didn't want to have to wait. :nono:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I've been to 4 different stores (Walgreens and CVS) and they only had the one I mentioned in OP. Guess I'll have to get it online. Didn't want to have to wait. :nono:

I wish I could find that version in stores. In my opinion it works better than the one I have now. Lately stores just haven't had it. I even had to order Chi Silk Infusion online, because it was always out of stock at Cvs :sad:

ronie

The full name of it is nexxus emergencee strengthening polymeric reconstructor. It looks like this
This was the original emergencee back in the days with the hydrolyzed collagen, hydrolyzed elastin and collagen amino acids. The instructions said to keep on 15 minutes with or without heat. That was the truth. All of the others, including the salon version posted in the link do not compare. They are still great protein treatments, but the original will knock breakage out in a heart beat. I get mines from a Dominican salon I used to go to.

charmtreese

I bought out the original years ago...I still have a few boxes left!

Attachments

• image-4183965559.jpg
    image-4183965559.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 74

ronie

So the bottle I have is a reformulated version? I've never seen the ones you all are talking about.
If the ingredient right after water isn't hydrolyzed elastin and it does not contain hydrolyzed collagen, it is a re formulated version. The instructions Gould also say to leave on 15 mms and use with or without heat.

lux10023

op not sure if you live in nyc but you can find the original version in every beauty supply store..the beauty supply stores in ny are the truth

MsCarmenP

nymane or anyone else who knows, what does the Emergencee look like? I bought it from Amazon and received it today. The color is a kind of golden brown and it looks like it's thick and syrupy (I haven't touched it to determine the texture). Is this what it's supposed to look like. I'm scared these people sent me some bootleg stuff. :nono:

nymane

nymane or anyone else who knows, what does the Emergencee look like? I bought it from Amazon and received it today. The color is a kind of golden brown and it looks like it's thick and syrupy (I haven't touched it to determine the texture). Is this what it's supposed to look like. I'm scared these people sent me some bootleg stuff. :nono:

MsCarmenP The consistency sounds about right, but my bottle silver with purple wording (16.9 ounces): http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=nexxus+emergencee

There's another version of Emergencee in a very small bottle, I'm not sure what color the bottle is, but I've heard great things about that one too. Both work pretty much the same.

Silverstreaks

When I started my journey in 2009, I came across the Nexxus Emergencee in the small white bottle that had the Amber-colored product. It worked very well. It had the same consistency as the version in the gray/purple bottle, which I found later when I couldn't find the white bottle. The only difference to me is that the one in the gray bottle comes in larger bottles. I don't remember how much the white smaller bottle cost, but they both worked the same to me. I like the consistency as it stays where you put it, making much more effective than anything drippy and runny.