Setting to Success 2015

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Gorgeous! Please share the details

I shampooed, deep conditioned and then applied my leave in section by section as i rolled them up. I think this is what made me get a really smooth set. I usually just use water as i roll. I also used hourglass rollers.

Last edited:

divinerae

My hair has been in a bun since last Friday. I used the stretched curlformers set that I showed you guys before to achieve it. I can't wait to set my hair tomorrow! I think I'm going to try large perm rods this time. I think im going to use the salerm 21 and motions foaming wrap lotion to set.

Eboni801

My hair has been in a bun since last Friday. I used the stretched curlformers set that I showed you guys before to achieve it. I can't wait to set my hair tomorrow! I think I'm going to try large perm rods this time. I think im going to use the salerm 21 and motions foaming wrap lotion to set.

I'm excited to see your perm rod set. I've been wanting to try a complete rod set for a while.

divinerae

The perm rod set was a complete fail. Puffy roots with only a little curl on the end. It was a miserable night sleep for nothing. I re-wet my hair with foaming wrap lotion/water and put in the curlformers. Perm rods may be something I can only do on dry hair.:eek:h well:

Blairx0

The perm rod set was a complete fail. Puffy roots with only a little curl on the end. It was a miserable night sleep for nothing. I re-wet my hair with foaming wrap lotion/water and put in the curlformers. Perm rods may be something I can only do on dry hair.:eek:h well:

I have yet to master perm rods myself. When I tried I get terribly tight curl. I think I try again it will be with a flat twist or some other stretching technique

faithVA

My set came out OK. I couldn't figure out how to style it so I ended up separating it a lot. It got me through my event last night so washing it now and putting it back up into twist.

IMG_20150222_161907.jpg

ForumRunner_20150222_190811.jpg

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Still setting after every wash. This was today's set pulled into a high ponytail to run errands. I plan on twisting or braiding it tonight.

Last edited:

winona

Set hair and styled in 2 French braids.

Set hair with water, komaza coconut control serum and APB Ayurvedic Oil

Attachments

• image-1840045052.jpg
    image-1840045052.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 72

faithVA

Washed last night. Did 3 flat twist in the back and orange perm rods in the front. It turned out better than expected.

IMG_20150225_100556.jpg

IMG_20150225_100647.jpg

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Ive been so lazy and just have been doing dry twistouts. They are so easy to do idk when i will bother with rollers again. Lol:drunk:

Im using salerm b5 leave in and it smells so good!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Ive been so lazy and just have been doing dry twistouts. They are so easy to do idk when i will bother with rollers again. Lol:drunk:

Im using salerm b5 leave in and it smells so good!

Any pics? I love your hair :lick:!

Blairx0

Rollers are out!

ForumRunner_20150227_230201.jpg

ForumRunner_20150227_230135.jpg

ForumRunner_20150227_230201.jpg

I know my hair looks the same. And wear the same jacket each time I set isn't helping, but I swear my hair is growing!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150227_230149.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150227_230149.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 72

Eboni801

Blairx0 your hair looks great. Did you use magnetics? How did you get the top so smooth/straight. My hair tends to get poofy if I use magnetics.

Blairx0

Blairx0 your hair looks great. Did you use magnetics? How did you get the top so smooth/straight. My hair tends to get poofy if I use magnetics.

My roots are mysterious creatures. I can lay them down if I roll with magnetics and sleep in flexi rods. If I use dabur vikta enriched coconut oil they will lay down. On this case I did the latter. I did add some heat to the back. It us getting harder to roll the back of my head

coilyhaircutie

Hey ladies,
It's been a while. I've been enjoying seeing all your sets today! Everyone's hair has grown so much in just one month! It's incredible. 2015 is going to bring great things for us hairwise, I can feel it :)

I'm under the dryer deep conditioning now. Debating on whether I want to do a full flexirod set or a twistout with flexirods at the end. Haven't been posting much because I had my hair straight for the past 3 weeks. Here's a photo of my hair when I just finished flat ironing it and trimmed off 1/8":
bsl hair.jpg

That pic was taken Jan 31st. Now it's March 1st (can you believe it?) and my hair has grown about an inch more. I'll take another length shot next time I flat iron my hair. As you can see, I still am having problems getting my hair bone straight, it's wavy and still has texture after a flat-iron session. Next time I straighten, my cousin promised me she'd come over and show me how it's done, because I've been trying for 3 months now and I'm clearly still struggling lol.

My hair seems to like the cycle of 2 weeks straight, 2 weeks curly. I'm going to keep it up for the rest of the year. It's been helping me retain my length and my edges.

faithVA

Washed last night and used the Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Gel. Stuck with my flat twist in the back and perm rods in the front. It didn't come out as smooth and shiny as the gel but my hair is soft and moisturized. Now to see if this last as long as the gel. Fortunately with this if I had to I can rewet the sections and rod it again if needed.

girlonfire

Hey ya'll! Miss me? Lol

I FINALLY got around to trying the strawllers for the second time. This install was much less stressful. However...I only did half my head. I realized that I didn't have enough covers once I was done with half my head. faithVA I am now for sure certain that 2 packs will definitely be enough. I got through the first pack of 12 easily and comfortably and I have normal density hair in my opinion. However my range of motion in my neck still felt a little restricted.

I started with a diagonal section and my nape and just worked my way up to my edges

I'm under the dryer right now.

On a different note I have been learning a lot about the way I wash and detangle my hair. For the last 2-3 weeks I've been experimenting and trying to see if everything I do is really necessary. Turns out I've been doing the most.
Deep conditioning before I detangle: NOT NEEDED
Applying deep conditioner like a relaxer: NOT NECESSARY

Bending my head over whilst detangling helps out so much. I get the tangles that are in my ends and mid shaft out on the first conditioner rinse. Then when 70 percent of my hair is tangle free I flip my head over, do the 2nd rinse and focus on my tangly roots. I feel like I unlocked the secret to the universe. All that takes max 45 minutes on wash and go hair that hasn't been combed for 8 days!

Does anyone know a place where I can buy covers, and not rollers?

girlonfire

Except for 2 rollers that fell out whilst I was under the dryer, this roller set was a success in my opinion.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150303_202906.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150303_202906.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 94
  • ForumRunner_20150303_202928.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150303_202928.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 92
  • ForumRunner_20150303_203022.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150303_203022.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 92