What do you do with your hair when you sleep at night?

What do you do with your hair before you go to sleep at night?

• Just throw on sleep bonnet/scarf and go to sleep

Votes: 148 30.3%
  • Wrap hair before wearing bonnet/scarf

Votes: 96 19.7%
  • Braid hair before wearing bonnet/scarf

Votes: 62 12.7%
  • Bun hair before wearing bonnet/scarf

Votes: 52 10.7%
  • I pin up my hair with bobby pins, etc...before wearing bonnet/scarf

Votes: 55 11.3%
  • I just sleep/I don't do anything to my hair

Votes: 33 6.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 42 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AsTheCurlzTurns

It really depends on the style I'm in at the time. If it's in small twists, just cover it and go to sleep. If it's loose, I usually twist up into big twists, cover it, and go to sleep. The main reason I cover my hair is not for breakage or moisture or whatever, but to keep lint and stuff out of it.

If I wore my hair out in the day, I plait it then put on a plastic cap or Saran wrap or a plastic bag and go to bed. If my hair is already in plaits or twists, which is usually the norm, I put on my baggy and go to bed. Simple night regimen.
I do both of these methods, all depends on how moisturized my hair is. If moisturized enough, then I do mwedzi's method, and if not, then I go Nonie's route with the baggy.

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
I sometimes pile it on my head and lie down...on a cotton pillowcase.

Unless I'm wearing my hair straight I honestly don't care. I get tangles in the back from it, but I don't notice more or less breakage or dryness either way. I sometimes put a tight braid in the back area and honestly I feel it's more tangly because it's looser texture mixing with my curls.

I only cover my hair if I moisturize before bed.

glamchick84

moisturize with evoo, part my hair into two sections and apply the baggie method. i let my ends marinate in oils/conditioner 24/7 if my hair is not currently styled. and than apply silk scarf

Hot40

I have been moisturizing and pin curling then I tie it up with a scarf.
today I just roller set, will try to wrap and see how it turns out???

LaLa85

i voted "other" because it depends on how i'm wearing my hair and how tired i am.
sometimes i braid it or twist it. lately i've been putting it in bantu knots. a lot of times i just put a scarf on with pantyhose over it (a scarf alone usually slides off). sometimes i just put a baggy over my bun with a scarf on the edges. sometimes baggy two pigtails or a full head baggy

Ladyhenri

I'm easy...

moisturise(depending on how my hair feels) ...no sealing...(i'm soo done with oily sheets:nono:) and pin it up (with larrrrge hair pins) them throw on a satin bonnet.

Ramya

90% of the time it's hanging loose under a satin bonnet. (sp?)
10& of the time it's in pin curls under a satin bonnet.

LovinLocks

Sounds good. I suck at braiding, but I guess they don't have to be neat. I just need to do something so that my ends stay moisturized. I have shea butter so I may try what you do. Thank you :).

And, you don't need a bunch of 'em. I usually have like four or five big ole braids. Sometime I don't bonnet up 'cause I use satin pillow cases for my tenda delicate head/haiya :yep:

Kiki82

I gentle comb my hair in sections...then I apply my moisturizer and seal w/ oil...then I either do one of the following:

1. wrap
2. cross wrap
3. pin curls
4 bantu knots

then I put a silk scarf on and go to bed.

MissNina

Libra Girl
I try to CW daily, so I bun and go to sleep with a scarf on...which usually falls off unless I use my stay on satin bonnet with the band. If I got a blowout, I just wrap it.

When I am out of town or don't feel like being bothered, I just sleep however - which is usually in my half wig (it's my protective style along with bunning). Don't knock it til you've tried it - I retained/grew like 2 inches in 7 weeks doing this without growth aids! But I didn't do my hair either...like no moisturizer no nothing. :perplexed

luvmesumhair

I put some Hairveda' s Whipped Cream and sealed with some Hairveda's Almond Glaze on my ends then roll hair up (with paper ends) on magnetic rollers. Then put a satan bonnet to sleep on.

Very comfortable to sleep on by the way.

baby42

I put some Hairveda' s Whipped Cream and sealed with some Hairveda's Almond Glaze on my ends then roll hair up (with paper ends) on magnetic rollers. Then put a satan bonnet to sleep on.

Very comfortable to sleep on by the way.
i tought i was the only one to sleep in magnetic roller:lachen::lachen:i had to get use to them.

NYAmicas

Seeker
I dont like too much manipulation and I suck at wrapping so I will apply some light moisturizer to my ends and then pin my hair up with my clips. Then I take my scarf and wrap it around my hair.

Mortons

Nothing. I have a satin pillowcase and a satin comforter, so my hair doesn't dry out from sleeping.

Divine_Order

I have seasonal hair things that I do. Now that it's cooling off outside I've been wearing more buns than braidouts (my main summer hairdo). Now that I'm wearing more buns during the day, I spray my hair with some rose water...seal with coconut oil...and put back in a bun (using only my good hair days pins, no elastic band). Tie it up with a satin scarf...off to bed.:grin:

almondjoi85

I usually pin it up into a bun, scarf, then sleep. If I'm really tired I'll just bun. But lately I have been doing really good with scarfing before bed.

Neith

I dampen it, put leave in conditioner in it/fingercomb, braid it and clip it up.

I sleep on a satin pillowcase.

I have fantasies about being able to do one braid, currently I do 4.

DaDragonPrincess

:grin: Well for the past couple weeks, I put my moisture product on, my Motions Oil Serum all over hair down to my ends , then I wrap it, spray my Motions oil Sheen, then wrap it in my silk scarf.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I either bun, braid or just throw on the bonnet. Depends on how sleepy I am or how moisturised I want my hair to be in the morning...

NuBraveHeart

currently, when i'm not applying parachute coconut oil and tying it down with a bag and scarf, i just put it in a bun and sleep on my satin pillow case.