Has Anyone Tried the MoeGro Growth Recipe

eshille

I generally leave mine for three days before I pour off a little bit, but I just pour off like 2 ounces at a time, the rest I leave to soak in the herbs until it's all done. Mine gets pretty green too. I keep it in the fridge now with that kind of aloe gel, but if I use the aloe gel with the preservatives, I don't. Although I like the cold feeling, it lets me feel where I put it.

Sui...thx for the tip again...:grin:

eshille

Wondering if anyone else gets the tingly feeling once you apply the oil to your scalp? I get it now after the second week of using this oil but don't recall the feeling the first week.

Yep...I got strange/different scalp feelings the minute I put it on. I'm using jojoba + nettles.

I've decided to use the mixture the day/night before I poo, message it well, brush to stimulate my scalp further and call it a treatment...:grin:

Kimberly

Okay, my brew is cooking right now...I have a couple of questions.

First of all, I just realized that I forgot the aloe gel. Is this a great big deal or should I just pick up some FOTE by the end of the infusion period? How crucial is the aloe gel? Is anyone doing the MoeGro without it?

Also, I got nettle tea bags because they didn't have it available loose while I was in the store. Do you think those will work okay? I put 6 of those in there.

Also, I got a stainless steel tea ball to put my loose herbs in. Those holes are tiny. Has anyone else used this as opposed to straining afterwards? Like, just pull out the ball and the tea bags and I should have relatively clean oil, right?

Lastly, here is my mix....

6 nettle tea tea bags
.2 ounce horsetail herb
.1 ounce lavendar herb (hoping this will make it smell good)
about 1 1/4 evoo
about 1 1/4 grapeseed oil
about 1 cup organic soy oil
about 1/2 cup jojoba oil

When I take the jar off the stove, I plan to add a few drops of tea tree oil to the mix and I had thought about breaking some vitamin E capsules into it...or would the tea tree and vitamin E be too much stuff...?

TIA!

Hey ladies,

So it's been a week and unfortunately, I don't think I got half an inch, but may be I did get some growth. My before pictures are on another computer, so when it's emailed to me I'll post the before and after.

I'm going to try again with a stronger infusion.

Kimberly

Hey ladies,

So it's been a week and unfortunately, I don't think I got half an inch, but may be I did get some growth. My before pictures are on another computer, so when it's emailed to me I'll post the before and after.

I'm going to try again with a stronger infusion.

How will you make it stronger? Less oil? More herbs? Longer infusion time?

C

cieramichele

Yep...I got strange/different scalp feelings the minute I put it on. I'm using jojoba + nettles.

I've decided to use the mixture the day/night before I poo, message it well, brush to stimulate my scalp further and call it a treatment...:grin:

Im feeling a SLIGHT tingling sensation all over. How wonderful.

Sui Topi

First of all, I just realized that I forgot the aloe gel. Is this a great big deal or should I just pick up some FOTE by the end of the infusion period? How crucial is the aloe gel? Is anyone doing the MoeGro without it?

Also, I got nettle tea bags because they didn't have it available loose while I was in the store. Do you think those will work okay? I put 6 of those in there.

Also, I got a stainless steel tea ball to put my loose herbs in. Those holes are tiny. Has anyone else used this as opposed to straining afterwards? Like, just pull out the ball and the tea bags and I should have relatively clean oil, right?

6 nettle tea tea bags
.2 ounce horsetail herb
about 1 1/4 evoo
about 1/2 cup jojoba oil

When I take the jar off the stove, I plan to add a few drops of tea tree oil to the mix and I had thought about breaking some vitamin E capsules into it...or would the tea tree and vitamin E be too much stuff...?

TIA!

I think you need the aloe to condition your scalp and like, help keep your scalp health up so the oil can do its thing properly. I don't remember exactly, but I think on nappturality someone did not use aloe in theirs and did not have such good results. I don't remember if they were asking and the originator told them it won't work or if they went ahead and did it without and were complaining after, but long story short, it is advised to have the aloe. If you have the time to test it lol, you can try, I mean nothing is written in stone. Your tea ball sounds like a good idea, but a question, are you taking it out after "cooking" or are you leaving it in there for the three days? I added peppermint to mine afterwards as an attempt to replace the massaging action, but it didn't work. It still left me with around .25 in the week. I was planning to try peppermint+massaging this week, but I put in kinky twists for the first time, and massaging would most likely result in my twists slipping out onto the floor lol. I couldn't say if adding all those other things would have negative effects, kind of make it cancel out or something, again, this would be you experimenting. Make sure to take pictures or measure, some sort of documentation so you can tweak your next batch accordingly until you find out what reaps the best results. Also, keep us updated so we can learn from your experiences.

Sui Topi

6 nettle tea tea bags
.2 ounce horsetail herb
about 1 1/4 evoo
about 1/2 cup jojoba oil

TIA!

I think you need the aloe to condition your scalp and like, help keep your scalp health up so the oil can do its thing properly. I don't remember exactly, but I think on nappturality someone did not use aloe in theirs and did not have such good results. I don't remember if they were asking and the originator told them it won't work or if they went ahead and did it without and were complaining after, but long story short, it is advised to have the aloe. If you have the time to test it lol, you can try, I mean nothing is written in stone. Your tea ball sounds like a good idea, but a question, are you taking it out after "cooking" or are you leaving it in there for the three days +? I added peppermint to mine afterwards as an attempt to replace the massaging action, but it didn't work. It still left me with around .25 in the week. I was planning to try peppermint+massaging this week, but I put in kinky twists for the first time, and massaging would most likely result in my twists slipping out onto the floor lol. I couldn't say if adding all those other things would have negative effects, kind of make it cancel out or something, again, this would be you experimenting. Make sure to take pictures or measure, some sort of documentation so you can tweak your next batch accordingly until you find out what reaps the best results. Also, keep us updated so we can learn from your experiences.

Irresistible

I have to say I think this is the best safest growth aides I have heard about so far, well the sulfur ones seem ok too

Me having posted the ingredients of African pride, all herbal with similar ingredients previously that I used years ago!

I agree with the use of this one being safe and approve :yep: (if anyone cares) hahhaha

just the horsetail not good for high blood pressure right? but this could be adjusted easily. make sure your getting the highest qaulity Horsetail/shavegrass, dont skimp or go cheap with this ladies!

I read some have nicotine, yall dont need a nictotine patch on your heads right?

grow on ladies! and best of luck!

eshille

I have to say I think this is the best safest growth aides I have heard about so far, well the sulfur ones seem ok too.

Me having posted the ingredients of African pride, all herbal with similar ingredients previously that I used years ago!

I agree with the use of this one being safe and approve :yep: (if anyone cares) hahhaha

just the horsetail not good for high blood pressure right? but this could be adjusted easily. make sure your getting the highest qaulity Horsetail/shavegrass, dont skimp or go cheap with this ladies!

I read some have nicotine, yall dont need a nictotine patch on your heads right?

I agree w/the bold...ladies do need to research herbs used for any concoction...oil infusions or tea rinses.

C

cieramichele

Yep and straight from Mother Nature. I bought some Lavender EO to add for fragrance 'cause it needs it....:lachen:

Happy Growing...:grin:

heck yeah. this ish stinks. Its runny. ick. If I get results like her tho!?@?@? I dont care WHAT it smells like.

LadyEuphoria007

I just put mine on the brew tonight so I will be starting this on Wed. night.

I'm also using the B4A ADP line to see if I can up my growth. I had to let the MN go for now. I had too much ish going on. :drunk:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I have to say I think this is the best safest growth aides I have heard about so far, well the sulfur ones seem ok too

How did you use the African Pride? After a wash? Is it watery? Creamy? Thanks, as always! :love3:

Irresistible

How did you use the African Pride? After a wash? Is it watery? Creamy? Thanks, as always! :love3:

I Poured it over my head basically just about daily. As A water replacement for wetness, cause its a watery leave in. I loved it ALOT! dang I should own the company by now, that and Always 911

But I ended up getting away from watery leave ins to more creamy ones , but I know its good! :yep:

Irresistible

repost of the ingredients

Ingredients

African Pride Herbal Liquid Complex (Indian Hemp, Nettle, Rosemary, Burdock, Birch, Rose Hips, Irish Moss, Coltsfoot, Wild Cherry Bark, Dandelion, Elder Flowers, Shave Grass, Echinacea), Aloe Vera, PEG 8, Dimethicone Copolyol, Collagen, DL Panthenol, Allantoin, Cetyl Pyridinium Chloride, PEG 75 Lanolin, Polyquaternium 10, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Dissodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea.

Kimberly

I think you need the aloe to condition your scalp and like, help keep your scalp health up so the oil can do its thing properly. I don't remember exactly, but I think on nappturality someone did not use aloe in theirs and did not have such good results. I don't remember if they were asking and the originator told them it won't work or if they went ahead and did it without and were complaining after, but long story short, it is advised to have the aloe. If you have the time to test it lol, you can try, I mean nothing is written in stone. Your tea ball sounds like a good idea, but a question, are you taking it out after "cooking" or are you leaving it in there for the three days +? I added peppermint to mine afterwards as an attempt to replace the massaging action, but it didn't work. It still left me with around .25 in the week. I was planning to try peppermint+massaging this week, but I put in kinky twists for the first time, and massaging would most likely result in my twists slipping out onto the floor lol. I couldn't say if adding all those other things would have negative effects, kind of make it cancel out or something, again, this would be you experimenting. Make sure to take pictures or measure, some sort of documentation so you can tweak your next batch accordingly until you find out what reaps the best results. Also, keep us updated so we can learn from your experiences.

Okay, thanks! I'll get the aloe gel from the drugstore. I think they carry the FOTE brand.

If you got .25 inch of newgrowth in a week, that's still phenomal, imo...that's an inch a month! I think I could be happy with that :yep:

I do think I will use more herbs in the next batch. The scale they had by the loose herbs wasn't very good and I thought I had gotten full ounces of the lavendar and the horsetail until I got the register. I'll fill my bags up next time.

And, no, I am not taking the ball out until after the infusion period. Actually, I may do like someone else suggested and leave the herbs in there while taking out a couple of ounces at a time. And, just in case I get the type of aloe gel that may go bad, I can add to that little bit and that would be enough to get me through a week at a time, I think.

I relaxed my hair this evening, I don't have a dryer for my dc's so I'm conditioning over night. When I rinse in the morning, I'll take my starting pics. My plan is to keep my ends baggied and my hair hidden inside a phony bun. I may try to keep this up for about a year but the last time I tried, my hair ended up getting too long for my phonybuns and the ones that would fit were ridiculously huge.

Sorry I tend to ramble.

cocoagirl

I feel like a hype or something, breathing all hard-excited about going to Whole Foods tomorrow to get me some Aloe and horsetail..and I just told myself yesterday that I wasn't going to buy one more dog gone' thang cuz I got all types of MN and shikakai under my sink that I ain't used in weeks. This a da*n shame I tell ya! I don't even know if this stuff I'm using currently for hair growth is even working....

lovedone_24

Ingredients

African Pride Herbal Liquid Complex (Indian Hemp, Nettle, Rosemary, Burdock, Birch, Rose Hips, Irish Moss, Coltsfoot, Wild Cherry Bark, Dandelion, Elder Flowers, Shave Grass, Echinacea), Aloe Vera, PEG 8, Dimethicone Copolyol, Collagen, DL Panthenol, Allantoin, Cetyl Pyridinium Chloride, PEG 75 Lanolin, Polyquaternium 10, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Dissodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea.
Definitely looks like a good first line of ingredients. :yep: I think I'm going to not be lazy and try to make my own, but if I just can't make it off my behind I'm getting some of this....:lachen:

Irresistible

Definitely looks like a good first line of ingredients. :yep: I think I'm going to not be lazy and try to make my own, but if I just can't make it off my behind I'm getting some of this....:lachen:

yeah making it yourself will control your own concentrations! Besides this stuff is good, and I used it for years but after all those years it topped off and just didnt do like it used to and actually made it hard to manage at times. I could revisit again now though because its been years. But I see why now, it has collagen , thats not bad, but repeated use over time? no wonder it started to become unruly and hard to deal with. I did a good thing when I started to leave this and grease alone! But it did what it did while it did it! :yep:

Last edited:

Irresistible

oh and remember ya'll Aloe Vera has Collagen (protein) too

although its mild it coming from the Aloe vera, it wont do much harm , it would take time, so ante up the moisture treatments inbetween too with this! :yep:

you cant go wrong doing that N E way!
Good luck ladies! HHG!

Sui Topi

Okay, thanks! I'll get the aloe gel from the drugstore. I think they carry the FOTE brand.

If you got .25 inch of newgrowth in a week, that's still phenomal, imo...that's an inch a month! I think I could be happy with that :yep:

I do think I will use more herbs in the next batch. The scale they had by the loose herbs wasn't very good and I thought I had gotten full ounces of the lavendar and the horsetail until I got the register. I'll fill my bags up next time.

And, no, I am not taking the ball out until after the infusion period. Actually, I may do like someone else suggested and leave the herbs in there while taking out a couple of ounces at a time. And, just in case I get the type of aloe gel that may go bad, I can add to that little bit and that would be enough to get me through a week at a time, I think.

I relaxed my hair this evening, I don't have a dryer for my dc's so I'm conditioning over night. When I rinse in the morning, I'll take my starting pics. My plan is to keep my ends baggied and my hair hidden inside a phony bun. I may try to keep this up for about a year but the last time I tried, my hair ended up getting too long for my phonybuns and the ones that would fit were ridiculously huge.

Sorry I tend to ramble.

Thats what I do, I just pour out enough for a week or so, I don't know, as much as I can pour until my hand gets tired of holding the jar up, into the application bottle, and then add the aloe to the applicator bottle and go my way, I don't make a big pre prepared amount. I like it that way, cause by the end of my main batch, its like...hella potent.

Also, what does yours smell like cieramichele and eshille? Mine smells like tea, it doesn't smell bad at all. I can only smell it if I try to smell it in the bottle or on my fingers after I rub my scalp. I find it peculiar that yours smells, unless you just don't like the smell of tea or something and it smells the same lol. What oil are you using too, that may have an effect.

C

cieramichele

Thats what I do, I just pour out enough for a week or so, I don't know, as much as I can pour until my hand gets tired of holding the jar up, into the application bottle, and then add the aloe to the applicator bottle and go my way, I don't make a big pre prepared amount. I like it that way, cause by the end of my main batch, its like...hella potent.

Also, what does yours smell like cieramichele and eshille? Mine smells like tea, it doesn't smell bad at all. I can only smell it if I try to smell it in the bottle or on my fingers after I rub my scalp. I find it peculiar that yours smells, unless you just don't like the smell of tea or something and it smells the same lol. What oil are you using too, that may have an effect.

I cant describe the smell. I followed the directions except I used liquid horsetail 2 oz from vitamin shoppe.

Sui Topi

I cant describe the smell. I followed the directions except I used liquid horsetail 2 oz from vitamin shoppe.

so liquid horsetail and jojoba? Do either of the products smell similar to the smell on their own or is it just when you combine them and let them sit out they start stinking?

C

cieramichele

so liquid horsetail and jojoba? Do either of the products smell similar to the smell on their own or is it just when you combine them and let them sit out they start stinking?

horsetail straight out the bottle was like :perplexed. Jojoba, no smell.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
oh and remember ya'll Aloe Vera has Collagen (protein) too

although its mild it coming from the Aloe vera, it wont do much harm , it would take time, so ante up the moisture treatments inbetween too with this! :yep:

you cant go wrong doing that N E way!
Good luck ladies! HHG!

I purchased aloe vera powder today from the health food store. I feel more comfortable using that rather than the gel or liquid. All natural products. Very expensive, but I feel good knowing that everything I have and will use is straight up natural ingredients.

1. Aloe Vera powder
2. Rosemary leaf
3. Horsetail leaf
4. Nettle leaf
5. Arnica leaf
6. Macadamian nut oil

These are the ingredients I will use...

eshille

Sui...my mixture has what I would call a heavy smell, kinda unusual..reminds me of the Ayurveda oils but much less perfumy. I added lavender eo today and that cut the scent drastically...even made it bearable...:lachen:. Don't like stinky hair....:nono:

I also followed directions, used organic nettle tea leaves...maybe it's in the processing of that product...the next batch I make I'll either use the actual raw herb or nettles extract.

Thanks again for all of your tips and support...:yep:

HHG

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!

Ingredients

I picked some up today and added to a spray bottle. I use it when I do my buns and after my CW. I'll spritz a little if needed. I like the ingredients for this stuff and thank you so much again! :kiss: