Has Anyone Tried the MoeGro Growth Recipe

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
As it turns out, I am making a version of this oil for my mom. While I will cut the infused oil with shea butter for my mom, I will use the nettles/horsetail infused oil on my scalp with sulfur oil.

I will try to take some pictures to see if I get growth from this or not.

PuddingPop

Bump.......
Anyone still using this???? I know it's been years

Ive decided to revisit this ( a variation of it). This really did give me consistent growth and it made my nails grow like crazy too and my nails do not grow, lol. I have a mix brewing that should be ready early next week:

4 oz Jojoba oil
2oz Castor oil
2oz olive oil
2 tbs horsetail
2 tbs nettle
1 tbs hibiscus
1 tbs lavendar

Once it's infused I also plan to add some rosemary and peppermint essential oils.

Leo24Rule

I read the entire thread without pics :mad:

I'm thinking of doing it with nettle tea bags...fall is approaching & I'll need to oil scalp more.

I don't recall this thread mentioning putting this concoction on hair as well. Just the scalp?

PuddingPop

I read the entire thread without pics :mad:

I'm thinking of doing it with nettle tea bags...fall is approaching & I'll need to oil scalp more.

I don't recall this thread mentioning putting this concoction on hair as well. Just the scalp?

I never intentionally put it on my hair back in the day, just my scalp but some did get on the length. It's just an infusion of herbs and oils so I don't think it would hurt at all to put it on the length. I may try it this time around.

gn1g

Bump.......
Anyone still using this???? I know it's been years

Ive decided to revisit this ( a variation of it). This really did give me consistent growth and it made my nails grow like crazy too and my nails do not grow, lol. I have a mix brewing that should be ready early next week:

4 oz Jojoba oil
2oz Castor oil
2oz olive oil
2 tbs horsetail
2 tbs nettle
1 tbs hibiscus
1 tbs lavendar

Once it's infused I also plan to add some rosemary and peppermint essential oils.
i will trythis.

PuddingPop

So my mix was ready yesterday. I strained and added 10 drops or rosemary eo and 5 drops of peppermint. I also put 1 oz of aloe era gel. It felt so great going in my scalp. I'm in box braids now they're a month old already but I should be able to tell if this gives me a boost in growth. I plan to apply it every other day.

I might add chamomile or more lavender to my next batch to give it a better smell. The smell isn't bad, a little mediciny, but it could be better.

fifigirl

This sounds really interesting.....thinking of adding this to my sulphur oil mix....hopefully i won't have any reactions

PuddingPop

So it's been about 2 or so weeks since I've started using this again and I'm getting good growth. I had to take my box braids out 2 weeks early due to the excess growth. I've just put in some kinky twists and I plan to continue oiling my scalp every other day with the oil.

Back in the day when I used it I used grape seed oil as the base and I found it Made my hair too greasy/ oily forme to use it more than once or twice a week. This time around my mix mostly consists of jojoba oil and I'm not finding it to be greasy at all. When I oil my scalp at night all is absorbed by the morning.

My oldest dd is relaxed an I've been oiling her scalp every other night as well and it's not making her hair greasy or weighing it down. In going to try to figure out how to post pics.

HaveSomeWine

Not surprised that this would produce good hair growth and health. I do a version of this using cherry kernel oil, cinnamon and sage. I apply it as a hot oil scalp massage and hair treatment twice a week-once before cleansing and once before a green tea rinse. I have noticed increased growth and thickening as well as darkening and shine. Aren't herbal oils a major part of Ayurvedic haircare which also tends to produce good hair health and much faster hair growth?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Funny that I read this and realized that I still had the herbs and the oil. Over this past month I been using the oils as part of my hot oil mix for this year, so I should have some growth info in a few months.