Is Flax seed oil and evening primrose oil good?

Boadicea

Re: Is Flax seed oil and evening primrose oil good

I wish I had read the flaxseed oil link before I bought the tablets. Now I don't know what to do with them. I bought the flaxseed liquid from Puritan's Pride after reading this.

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I had read the flaxseed oil link before I bought the tablets. Now I don't know what to do with them. I bought the flaxseed liquid from Puritan's Pride after reading this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Boadicea!
I was thinking about getting the oil from Puritan Pride because the price is right, but I was a little apprehensive because when I get packages delivered by UPS, they usually don't drop them off, until the end of the day, and the delivery box feels kind of warm. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it best if Flaxseed oil is kept cool/cold at all times. Just wondering because that stuff gets awfully warm on those trucks. I know PP also sells flaxseed powder---I'll probably buy that.

By the way, right now, I buy the flaxseed oil from
Wal-mart, and 1 teaspoon=4,650mg of flaxseed

Spagirl

I heard on the news this evening that Omega 3 is presently being tested in the treatment of some mental illnesses (ie. Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Chronic Depression and Implusive disorders). It's said that Omega 3 help to increase the amount of serotonin (sp).

TBird

How does flax seed oil taste? Can I mix it with juice? Also, can I get the same benefits by taking the gel capsules? TIA

RabiaElaine

It tastes awful, even when mixed into juice, I prefer to take it as a pill. Matter of a fact I need to pick up some today.