Look how much my hair grew!

G

Back at the end of Novemeber I got like 5 inches cut b/c imo my hair was getting thin. A friend brought to my attention how much my hair had grown from Novemeber til now so I thought I'd share. (BTW, that's my best friend in the pic w/me
)
[image]http://[/image]

Karonica

Your hair looks great either way! Excuse my ignorance, but the one with your friend is the before or after picture? I love the layers!

G

The one w/my friend shows how much it's grown since my cut at the end November.
November '02= Short cut
June '03 = 6 mo later after the cut

Country gal

You look different. Did you change your hair color? I just imagine you had brown hair or highlights.Your hair looks nice and thick.

G

Thanks, Y'all! No I haven't changed my hair color, at least not since I started coming to the hair boards. It's been black for quite some time now.

Islandgirl

Caramela, i am so happy that you posted those pics.

You were my first inspiration when I first came to hair boards October 2002. It was my first time to a hairboard, it was the relaxed hairboard on www.afrohair.com. I had just gotten my hair cut to my jaws (my hair was close to bra-strap before). When I saw your pictures (you had one where it was cut really short and you had a baby in the picture with you, and then you had picture where the nape grew out, then two with a pretty auburn-brown like color, and the flexirod pictures and the pictures that showed your hair at brastrap or close to bra strap length), I THOUGHT WOW, i can grow back my hair too. Seeing your pictures encouraged me to take better care of my hair. Then, in November when I was still lurking this site, i read that you cutted it at shoulder length and i remember how disappointed you were. I wanted to see the new cut, but you never posted a pic. But Caramela, you finally did, and your hair looks wonderful. Its growing very fast.

I know that was long, but it is just exciting to see the the first head of hair on that internet that inspired is gaining back that healthy long head of hair

Cleo

Caramela your hair looks really full and healthy.
It has grown quite a bit ... have you changed anything in your regimen? How much Biotin and MSM do you take?

G

Thank you, Islandgirl. I appreciate the words of encouragement.
Cleo, I'm not taking any vitamins now! I put my hair in a bun while its wet most of the time. When I do wear it out, I'll have blown it dry on warm heat and then use a curling iron. I make sure I use a scarf or bonnet at nite, oil the ends and I also make sure I use wide tooth combs as usual. But other than that, I try not to think about it too much. A watched kettle never boils

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Caramela said: I put my hair in a bun while its wet most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, it works for me.

ngaa

wow caramela thats some nice length u got there!! not to mention the gorgous person the hair belongs to!! happy hair growin!!