NICOLE ARI PARKER save your doo head wrap

JOI

I'm sorry but the phrase "Edge Control Technology" had me :rofl: for some reason :lol:

Yeah That edge Control technology is sort of tempting LOL!!! I might get it we'll see lol. Just got done watching the videos. If anyone gets it Please let us Know how it works out for you.

wyldcurlz

So I tried the one I got from Sally's today and I was not impressed. All it did pretty much was keep the sweat from getting into my eyes, but I can use a regular terry cloth headband for that. I'll wear it because I bought it, but I won't be breaking my neck to get another one.

I don't know if Nicole's will work better than the one from Sally's or not.

lisatamika - thanks for that mini review. i have the one pictured below and it was okay at my hairline, but...unfortunately for me, i sweat all up in and through my head. i've been searching for a solution forever and hell, i'd pay $100 if i found a headband that WORKED!

diadall Sally's has 2 versions, one that looks like a durag and this one that can be worn out, it's just a sweatband that looks the same as Nicole's for only $3.99

I almost bought one but I usually cowash after my workouts so I'm not sure how it performs.

i have the headband pictured, its okay on my hairline, but not perfect and it does leave a line of demarcation on my hair. i think i'm going to give Nicole Ari Parker's Save Your Do a shot and hope and pray that this will FINALLY be the answer i'm looking for!

camilla thank you so much for posting this. i hadn't heard about it!

discodumpling

ROTFL at Edge Control Technology! This is NOT an option for me. My ENTIRE head sweats during a work out...tons of sweat! The only way I can have sweat free hair is to water only rinse or cowash after a work out. I can understand how my way isn't feasible for some though...

I'll just keep it old school with a cotton rag on my head while I WORK OUT. It's really not about looking cute for me. I get great satisfaction from a soaking wet cotton scarf at the end of my work out.

Sweet C

I have this one at home and the ponytail mesh version as well. both were about $6 at Walmart. I havent tried the mesh one yet, but the headband works great for sweat in the front of the hairline, not so well for the sweat around the back hairline, which is where I tend to sweat moreso. The mesh one is not as cute for wearing outside your house, and I got that one for when I will do Tae-bo at home, but I wont be back on Taebo till probably next month, so I will try the mesh one then

Britt

On Monday I will start going to our company gym. Now, I saw these headbands and was very interested in trying it. Normally, I'd wear a head tie w/ a sweat band and by the time I get home I can either co wash or pull my hair back into a ponytail, something. However, at this predominantly 'clear' gym at my job I feel some type of way about tying down my whole head, so the most i'll prob do is wear a sweat band and then deal w/ my hair by the time I reach home from the work gym.

HoneyDew

There are work outs that I do that I only nee something in the very front. Like if I do a quick jog or a quick 10 min circuit training DVD or something. Most times when I do those I really dont want to have to deal with my hair getting damp around the edges. So a solution like this would work for those days. And it is why I got the Buff head band. I looks like the same technology as the Saveyourdo and has way more reviews (and has been around longer).

But when I do my major workout, I know this wrap could not help me because I would sweat all through out my hair. Still I am looking forward to this Buff giving me some flexibilty to get a a few more quicks bursts of cardio in mid week.

Britt

Welp, I caved in and ordered this yesterday. I hope it helps some. My hair is short and i don't have the desire to be cowashing during the week after a workout.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

caribeandiva

Human being
camilla & Raspberry, wow thank you ladies so much! I appreciate that!!! Made me blush, shuck! :rolleyes: :yawn:

Here's the link to the one from sally's for those interested...I really should've included that in my original post, duh!

The Cap from Walgreens for $3.99
From Sally's - the headband and the cap.

EbonyCPrincess

... and that's why i love lhcf! I almost ordered the Nicole Parker cap but thank goodness I checked here first. I just ran to walgreens to buy that cap you listed. Thank you so much!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
One of my best friends swear by it. She and I no longer live in the same state so I can only take her word for it as I've never seen her use it. She has relaxed, APL hair. She sweats really bad in her head. She wraps her hair then put on the full head save your do wrap. When she's done with intense cardo -- kickboxing, zumba, etc -- her hair is dry.

Naveah2050

I have the medium sized band from Nicole and it works great on the part that it covers, I actually should have just sucked it up and got the full head wrap but I was trying to look cute at the gym. I am really glad I supported her despite the steep price but I think her product is worth it and I like the brand image she is going for eg proceeds to charity etc

danysedai

I bought one of these Buff Headbands for $13 on Ebay. Someone mentioned in the fitness section. I have not used it yet. I want to support the Save Your Do wrap but that price and shipping is too much. I dont feel the need to take a hit on price standards just to be supportive.

http://www.planetbuff.com/

Here's that thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=602843

I wear a BUFF band, excellent for wicking moisture and they come in a lot of prints. I have a blue one and an orange one with funny prints. I can wear it as cap under my bike helmet if I bike to the gym, then wear it as a headband during my Zumba class. I sometimes wear a clean one to bed if my hair is wrapped or in pincurls.

Cherokee-n-Black

Am I the only one who thought she was just way too dramatic. The surgeon general? At first I thought it was supposed to be funny. Then I realized, she's not doing that great of an acting job. I should have prefaced this by saying I've always liked her as an actress. This was bad. Boooo Nicole, Boo...good concept, though. Two takeaways: "moisture" is not pronounced "moresture" and "escape" is not pronounced "eckscape." But press on, sista girl (and I don't mean your nails!)

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Am I the only one who thought she was just way too dramatic. The surgeon general? At first I thought it was supposed to be funny. Then I realized, she's not doing that great of an acting job. I should have prefaced this by saying I've always liked her as an actress. This was bad. Boooo Nicole, Boo...good concept, though. Two takeaways: "moisture" is not pronounced "moresture" and "escape" is not pronounced "eckscape." But press on, sista girl (and I don't mean your nails!)

i know this is old but i had to defend Nicole for being truthful not dramatic---

the surgeon general did release a report on African American women's health issues awhile back and "hair" was a reason for low fitness lifestyle adherence. she discussed it at the bronner's brother hair show last year, i think. i will see if i can find a link.....

http://jezebel.com/5834667/surgeon-general-says-hair-care-prevents-black-women-from-exercising

i plan on trying the head wrap. i sweat ALOT...so i will report back if it works or not.

winterinatl

All natural!
I'd love to know if you ladies like this. There was only one or two real testimonies in this thread...when I get into a workout the sweat drips off of the back of my ponytail. bc my hair is longish the entire length will soak up the sweat. I wonder if this will help reduce the amount of times I need to cow ash/manipulate my hair.

tomnikids3

I brought mine about a year ago. It helps keep my hair tame. When i go to the gym i put my hair up in a ponytail then tie it nice and snug on my head. I do not remove till my head is completely dry. After my work out my edges are nice and smooth. I like that its not made of cotton so its not absorbing the oil out of my hair. All in all i think it does the job and im glad i brought it.