W"HIP" Length 2012 Challenge!

regina07

bebezazueta

Thank you! I've only been on my HHJ since June but this past month has been rough --crazy shedding then more and more breakage. But keeping to the challenges and reading LHCF made me more determined to figure this out and keep growing.

there's no reason why I can't enter my 50's (Mar 2012) with WHIP/HL hair .. that's what I'm claiming and that's the direction I'm going! :)

Today was day 2 of NO breakage and 5 shed hairs.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
howl long would your hair have to be by the Dec 2011 to be whip length by Dec 2012? my ultimate goal is to grow my hair to my elbows which is pretty much Whip length.

bebezazueta

Napp come on and join honey you are welcome to. Whip length is between waist and hip. Even if we don't make it we'll have fun trying while learning and being inspired by the wonderful ladies in this challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

regina07

bebezazueta == they say 50s is the new 30s so I wanna swang my hair like the girls on music videos (being careful not to pull anything!) :nono:
@regina07 ma'am the 50s you are talking about entering CANNOT be your age!

Janet' --- thank you for the encouragement! I'd love a head of your hair, to be honest! It's gorgeous curly or straight.

Day 3 of minimal shedding and breakage. 7-10 shed hairs and 3 breaks. if this keeps up, they will pry biotin and MSM out of my cold dead hands because I will take them for forever!

how's everyone else doing?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp come on and join honey you are welcome to. Whip length is between waist and hip. Even if we don't make it we'll have fun trying while learning and being inspired by the wonderful ladies in this challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

i just measured and its going to take 6 inches to get from where i am to WL so i dont think i will make it. plus i want to get a real blunt cut somewhere in 2012...

JJamiah

I sprayed my braids today with Parneuvu BRaid spray and Nu-Gro Spray which I bought for the purpose of spraying my braids :)

No more spraying until next week :)

Carrie A

^^ I think I'm going to try twists for the Winter. I said this last year and failed but I really want to try this time.

blackberry815

I am nine weeks post for the first time in my life... Two inches to waistlength... Im gonna be a brave girl and tell the stylist no trim next week when i relax this hair... She is gonna look at me like i am crazy..lol

Im planning on trimming every six months instead of my usual six weeks... Seems like thats the usual trimming schedule around here on lhcf.. I gotta make it to whip!

Lucia

I am nine weeks post for the first time in my life... Two inches to waistlength... Im gonna be a brave girl and tell the stylist no trim next week when i relax this hair... She is gonna look at me like i am crazy..lol

Im planning on trimming every six months instead of my usual six weeks... Seems like thats the usual trimming schedule around here on lhcf.. I gotta make it to whip!

Yes go for it. you're so close
I'm on that 6 month trimm schedule as well, in between I do some S&D's but I don't cut into length until trimm time and even then it's more of a dusting.
I've gotten great retention trimming like this.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!

OMG! 2 inches from WL! CONGRATS!

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

blackberry815

Yes go for it. you're so close
I'm on that 6 month trimm schedule as well, in between I do some S&D's but I don't cut into length until trimm time and even then it's more of a dusting.
I've gotten great retention trimming like this.

Thats encouraging to me... How often were u trimminh before u went to every six months?

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I'm sick of being BSL. I'd like to be WHIP length now please. *closes eyes and wishes on a shooting star*. Opens eyes... looks @ length....D@MMIT MANNNNN!!! :(

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

JJamiah

I am doing every 6 months and dusting in between as well. I cut off a lot last year and want to see how far I can go with only 2 trims meaning 1 inch and under each trim, and at least 2 dustings for 2012.

baladi0822

Hi ladies,
Just checking back in to post a starting picture as promised. I had no intentions of flat ironing and wanted to rollerset instead, but I got the itch and couldn't help myself!
30-Nov13-2011.JPG

HL is my next goal. I'm also on the "No heat" challenge so I won't be straightening for a length check for another year.

MariposaSexyGirl

Hi ladies,
Just checking back in to post a starting picture as promised. I had no intentions of flat ironing and wanted to rollerset instead, but I got the itch and couldn't help myself!
View attachment 128465

HL is my next goal. I'm also on the "No heat" challenge so I won't be straightening for a length check for another year.

What!!? But you are tbl way past hip length! That's a lot of gorgeous hair.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using LHCF app

regina07

What's the difference between a cut, trim, dusting and periodic S&D? Think I'm confused! :ohwell:

I am doing every 6 months and dusting in between as well. I cut off a lot last year and want to see how far I can go with only 2 trims meaning 1 inch and under each trim, and at least 2 dustings for 2012.

JJamiah

What's the difference between a cut, trim, dusting and periodic S&D? Think I'm confused! :ohwell:

Cut is usually more then an inch and/or changing the shape of the hairs natural state.

Trim is usually an inch or less and used to make neat or tidy the ends

Dusting is just snipping off about 1/4 or 1/8 of an inch of hair to keep splits at bay.

S&D, is looking for split ends and snipping them off not cutting hair that isn't split. It takes a lot of time to do this compared to the others.

baladi0822

regina07 MariposaSexyGirl Thank you ladies... I would like my shorter layers to catch up... also, I have a really short torso, I don't know, it just feels like I'm cheating...

But, most importantly, since I'm transitioning, my ultimate goal is to be at least WHIP while curly. I don't know if that's even possible! Maybe I should do my length checks with a braid out to account for shrinkage since I rarely wear my hair straight these days... :think:

ETA: Just got a similar comment on the HL challenge; taking a hint...I should join the TBL challenge

Last edited:

regina07

Cut is usually more then an inch and/or changing the shape of the hairs natural state.

Trim is usually an inch or less and used to make neat or tidy the ends

Dusting is just snipping off about 1/4 or 1/8 of an inch of hair to keep splits at bay.

S&D, is looking for split ends and snipping them off not cutting hair that isn't split. It takes a lot of time to do this compared to the others.

This makes sense! Thank you! I think I consider a trim that same as dusting.

mssoconfused

regina07 MariposaSexyGirl Thank you ladies... I would like my shorter layers to catch up... also, I have a really short torso, I don't know, it just feels like I'm cheating...

But, most importantly, since I'm transitioning, my ultimate goal is to be at least WHIP while curly. I don't know if that's even possible! Maybe I should do my length checks with a braid out to account for shrinkage since I rarely wear my hair straight these days... :think:

ETA: Just got a similar comment on the HL challenge; taking a hint...I should join the TBL challenge

Gosh your hair is gorgeous!

bebezazueta

Good morning whip ladies!

I almost cut my hair to APL last nite. Tired of my layers.

I'll wait til I reach hip first & gradually trim back. My ends are good cause I trim regularly so I just wont wear hair straight for awhile I guess.

bebezazueta

JJamiah yes I need one! I don't know why I'm itching for a blunt cut! My hair is hella thick which is why I always had short layers.

I still may cut my 2 inches off my tail in December. It'll still be at BSL! LOL!

Sho_iz_pretty

OK!!

I have always punked out and avoided challenges.. but so many things in my life are changing for 2012, so I might as well go with the flow...

I am about 4-5 inches from waist length, however I did trim my hair twice since August when I was about 3 inches away from that length... Hair type is about 3b

I am still getting my reggie together...So I am going to K.I.S.S. or Keep It Super Simple!

CO wash every other day, Seal tips, edges, and shaft of hair with coco nufi daily.

Wash with regular shampoo on satudays, and last saturday of the month use Vinagar/shampoo mix.

Cassia O. treatment after V/S mix use. As well as DC after EVERY Shampoo!

I am super lazy so I am typing "use a bonnet every night" in order to practice repetition #slowlearner:perplexed

As far as Hairstyles.....Only large braid outs and BUNs...HOWEVER..

I will allow one flat iron (ON THE WEEKEND) in a month....(I am moving to a big city afterall.....)

I am looking for a great DC! any tips?

Attachments

• Snapshot_20111117_15.JPG
    Snapshot_20111117_15.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Snapshot_20111117_23.JPG
    Snapshot_20111117_23.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Snapshot_20111117_26.JPG
    Snapshot_20111117_26.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 38