Can Someone Please Recommend a Good Clarifying Shampoo

kim1006

I don't believe I have ever clarified. Would someone please recommend a clarifying shampoo they have had success with? TIA

Lovelylocs

Nexxus Aloe Rid is a good clarifying shampoo. It doesn't dry my hair out.

Side note: You may already know this, but just in case, you should only clarify is you are sure that you need to.

Jewell

Ive only ever used 2 clarifying shampoos: Suave Clarifying when relaxed (made hair feel like straight straw)<<don't recommend this. Since about 04 I"ve used Pantene Pro-V Pure their clarifying shampoo. Does the job but doesnt leave my hair feeling 2 stripped.

I have also heard good things about Nexxus Aloe Rid. I will be trying this soon to clarify.

Last edited:

Blue_Berry

VO5 Kiwi Lime squeeze Clarifying Shampoo. It's 99cents, clarifies build up, and doesn't strip hair badly. You can also try ACV with water too.

silenttullip

Beauty Without Cruelty Rosemary Mint my favorite

Paul Mitchell One

Giovanni Golden Wheat Shampoo

I also 2nd Vo5 Kiwi Lime Shampoo

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Sally's GVP line carries a knockoff Nexxus Aloe Rid that's pretty decent.

But this right here?

This is the best clarifying/chelating/neutralizing shampoo I've EVER used. I have no clue how it does it, but this stuff manages to clean EVERYTHING and still leave my hair feeling soft. :shocked:

Don't let the fact that it's a neutralizing shampoo throw you off. It's really awesome. :yep:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I like:

Abba Molasses Clarifying Shampoo
Elucence Clarifying
Joico Chelating
Redken Cleansing Cream
GVP Nexxus Aloe Rid

Last edited:

destine2grow

I have used elucence clarifying and it drys my hair out. I have a full bottle. I am trying to get through. My love would be ORS creamy aloe. This actually moisturizes my hair. I haven't tried any others. I would like to try the Nexxus Aloe Rid.

SmilingElephant

I'm surprised nobody said ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo! :grin: it's a neutralizer/clarifier/chelater in one! I used this while relaxed and this was what I used to start fresh to go CG. (Curly Girl)

ive also tried Suave and V05 clarifying shampoos but creamy aloe was the best bc it didn't leave my hair feeling dry. :yep:

SmilingElephant

tiffers....HEY GIRL!!! I haven't seen you around in AGES! Glad to see u back!!

Okay..I'm sorry to be OT but I just realized she posted y'all!...okay I'm done :peek: :curtain:....:grin:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
tiffers....HEY GIRL!!! I haven't seen you around in AGES! Glad to see u back!!

Okay..I'm sorry to be OT but I just realized she posted y'all!...okay I'm done :peek: :curtain:....:grin:

:giggle:

Hey there! :hugxplode:

Yeah, I was gone for a looong time. Completely stopped caring about my hair and ended up cutting it all off. :shocked:

But I'm back now and getting right back to my old pj ways. :lol:

SmilingElephant

:giggle:

Hey there! :hugxplode:

Yeah, I was gone for a looong time. Completely stopped caring about my hair and ended up cutting it all off. :shocked:

But I'm back now and getting right back to my old pj ways. :lol:

NAW GIRL! All of it?? Well that's okay...nothin wrong with new beginnings! Heck I cut mine off too...all natural now! But at least we don't have to worry about it never growing back!:yep: I hope you're doing well! It's just weird bc u ran across my mind a few weeks ago and then I see u in here! Lol...really good to hear from you! :hug2:

kim1006

Thanks again for all of the replies. Now, I have a decision to make. How about I buy them all and try each one to see what works best in my hair. :spinning:

vtoodler

Ive only ever used 2 clarifying shampoos: Suave Clarifying when relaxed (made hair feel like straight straw)<<don't recommend this. Since about 04 I"ve used Pantene Pro-V Pure their clarifying shampoo. Does the job but doesnt leave my hair feeling 2 stripped.

I have also heard good things about Nexxus Aloe Rid. I will be trying this soon to clarify.

I think that Aloe Rid was discontinued.

s1b000

I've had good success with the Joico Chelating poo. I then follow with whatever DC I'm going to use, then use the Joico Cuticle Sealer once per month.

Solitude

Kenra's Clarifying/Chelating Shampoo - smells good, doesn't strip hair, and is relatively easy to find in the US