Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ,Ayurvedic&Powders Challenge 2014

ajargon02

I think I will try this out. I will do my a.c.v rinses, colloidal oatmeal rinses, beer rinses, along with my tea rinses. My hair loves protein so this will be a fun addition to my weekly hair spa day.

BranwenRosewood

Here are the things I will be using. I haven't tried most of the herbs in single blends yet so that'll be my goal. Some of the ayurvedic powders are to strong to use individually.

Slippery Elm
Marshmallow Root
Nettle
Horsetail
Coltsfoot
Burdock Root
Catnip
Oatstraw
Peppermint
Saw Palmetto
Blue Malva
Sage
Rosemary
Fenugreek
Chamomile

Henna
Cassia
Hibiscus Powder
Tulsi
Neem
Aritha
Brahmi
Bhringraj
Orange Peel Powder
Lemon Peel Powder
Black Tea
Green Tea
Oolong Tea
Dark Roast Coffee

Honey Powder
Buttermilk Powder
Goats milk Powder
Irish Moss Powder

Rhassoul Clay
Bentonite Clay
Kaolin Clay
Sea Clay

Aloe Vera Juice

daviine

Thank you for mentioning me I really want to be consistent with my treatments this time around!

Okay, I'll admit that I fell off with this one. I have some fenugreek powders as well as some teas/coffees in my stash. Thanks for the mention, T!

Thanks for the mention as well. I still have the teas I bought last year. I need to use them or at least figure out that this isn't for me and give them away. Geesh.

I'll be back in a few days to list what I have.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I'll continue using the following:

• ACV & AVJ
  • Kalpi Tone
  • Meera Hair Wash
  • Henna & Hibiscus powder
  • Keravada bhringraj & fenugreek oils
  • Vatika Oil & Frostng

I recently purchased bhringraj & indigo powders, and a Methi Sativa set from HV, but I have not used them yet.

I love being a new henna head! I think henna will take my retention to the next level, :yep:

myfaithrising

I'm in,in,in!!! I am a tea girl and I have bags and bags of herbs to steep for this round. Right now I'm using a fenugreek tea to detangle, I also made a tea spritz to use as my final rinse with red rooibus as my base and sage, rosemary, lavender, burdock root and marshmallow root steeped in. I'm also using a coffee pomade which I'm loving right now. I was on vacay last week so I've been in the kitchen whipping up stuff like a mad scientist.. Lol

felic1

Yes I need to be in this challenge. And a bunch of others. I need to rededicate myself to all the potions that I have brewed and get to pouring them on my hair. Soon I will be snapping up a few new items....:flyingwit

EnExitStageLeft

QUESTION:

Should I do a Henna/Aveda Black Malva Conditioner Gloss or a Henna/Indigo/Aveda Black Malva Conditioner Henna Gloss?

I'm going for a glossy black color with the Henna Benefits. I plan to do them every month to every 2 months.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My 2014 List Although not all exhaustive:

Coffee :
Right now using Columbian but will use any Dark Roast Blend i.e. French Roast, Breakfast

Teas:
Green
Black
Saw Palmetto
Nettle
Rosemary
Horsetail
Fengureek
Burdock Root
Oatstraw
Marshmallow Root
Peppermint
Red Roobis
Blueberry Leaf
Moringa
Hibiscus
Sage

ACV Rinse:
Hairveda

*Henna & Indigo
*Body Art Quality Henna

Flowers:
Calendua
Blue Malva
Rose Petals
Chamomile

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Steeping a Pot of Green Tea for tomorrow (Celestial Seasonings).

Brewed a Pot of Columbian Coffee

Will use HV's ACV Rinse too.

CodeRed

Thanks for the mention! @IDareT'sHair

Last night I brewed a tea spray that I use under all my DCs and after conditioning/before the leave in:

Green tea
Fenugreek
Nettle
Burdock Root
Oolong
Peppermin

I think I'm going to start brewing in rose water again... I liked it when I did it a couple of years ago.

Also will be doing ACV rinses once a week after shampooing.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I made my fenugreek paste by soaking fenugreek powder, rose and hibiscus powder overnight. It made a paste so I portioned it out and put it in the freezer. I don't normally do it like this do we shall see.

Rozlewis

Steeping tea (Rooibos, Fenugreek, Nettle, Horsetail, Burdock Root, Peppermint) for tomorrows co-wash.

APrayer4Hair

I didn't participate much in the last challenge but I would like to be active this year. IdK where to start so I'll be reading the old thread as to not be lost.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Used fenugreek for the first time but not typically as I've been reading.

I added a whole bunch of fenugreek powder straight up to henna (there was also shikakai, amla and tulsi in it). It rinsed out EASY. Just EASY with the fenugreek. WOW! My hair was soft after the rinse as well and I debated not DCing but did anyway. Did a TOR (Tea and Oil Rinse) :lachen:,with DC on top of Dabur Garlic Growth Mask on scalp and AO Island Naturals on ends.

This flat twist out is gone be gooooood...

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

I added a whole bunch of fenugreek powder straight up to henna (there was also shikakai, amla and tulsi in it). It rinsed out EASY. Just EASY with the fenugreek. WOW! My hair was soft after the rinse as well and I debated not DCing but did anyway. Did a TOR (Tea and Oil Rinse) :lachen:,with DC on top of Dabur Garlic Growth Mask on scalp and AO Island Naturals on ends.

DarkJoy

Um where Nix08 at? She likes this kinda stuff.:lol:

Lawd a T-O-R :drunk:

Xaragua

My plan for 2014 is to use henna monthly, bhrami powder weekly and possibly continuing with black tea if it helps to decrease my shedding.

Xaragua

i will try to do a henna mix with fenugreek powder.

Ogoma

I am in. I will be doing Kalpi Tone glosses 1x a month beginning in February. I will add Irish Moss, coffee, or tea to my glosses.

Wenbev

I am ready for another year! Using henna and other ayurvedic powders, tea, coffee oil and neem oil.

jprayze

Glad to be back in this challenge! I'm going to continue with fenugreek tea for the most part, but will also be using up what I have...black, peppermint, rooibos, and bamboo.

Beamodel

Currently have a fenugreek mask on. First time using the powder version, I normally use the tea. I don't smell curry anything. Just a light hint of maple syrup

Solila

IDareT'sHair

Ty for tagging me luv! I'm biting!:yep:

I'm in for Irish Moss......and Fenugreek :look:.

Although the later did me real dirty with a week long curry scent, I still have hope we can make it work.

Plus, I got 3 packs of this stuff. I gotta use my stash. LOL