Spinny: The Relaxer "Reveal" Thread!!!!

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Flygirlll2 your hair has made great progress. You should just dust your ends a bid cut may not be necessary but that's just my opinion, not that you asked, either way your hair looks lovely.
Thank you. I might just trim it gradually. The setback with my crown coupled with the shedding I've had during this stretch had me wanting to cut it. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Last edited:

Beamodel

flyygirlll2

You made great progress. Looks good. I feel like you. My hair thinned out some and I have been gradually cutting it back so I will be MBL for a long time most likely.

I will be relaxing my hair this weekend too. I cannot wait!!!

The relaxer you used, I read that most people get textlaxed type results from it. I read it dosent process your hair "bone straight"

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
flyygirlll2 You made great progress. Looks good. I feel like you. My hair thinned out some and I have been gradually cutting it back so I will be MBL for a long time most likely. I will be relaxing my hair this weekend too. I cannot wait!!! The relaxer you used, I read that most people get textlaxed type results from it. I read it dosent process your hair "bone straight"

Thank you. The shedding and the breakage I had was too much. I wasn't looking to have it bone straight, just wanted it to be more manageable. This stretch was a mess.

Can't wait to see your pics, I'm sure your hair will look fabulous.

Babysaffy

Relaxed today at 21 weeks post. I'm usually a self relaxer but I went to a salon to get it done, for the first time in years as my water pressure at home isn't great at the moment and I had several underprocessed areas.

Today I got quite a hefty trim of around two inches in some areas as my left side is so much longer than the right and I had a few split ends. The stylists were great and gentle with my hair and consulted me throughout the process, even on the little things for example I was impressed that I was asked whether I wanted my scalp greased (I didn't) as in the past stylists have just slapped on the grease even to the point where I've had to wash my hair again at home.

So happy with my soft, swingy hair and need to keep my ends healthy so I regain the length I've lost and not need to trim next touch up.

ForumRunner_20141004_203423.jpg

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Relaxed today at 21 weeks post. I'm usually a self relaxer but I went to a salon to get it done, for the first time in years as my water pressure at home isn't great at the moment and I had several underprocessed areas. Today I got quite a hefty trim of around two inches in some areas as my left side is so much longer than the right and I had a few split ends. The stylists were great and gentle with my hair and consulted me throughout the process, even on the little things for example I was impressed that I was asked whether I wanted my scalp greased (I didn't) as in the past stylists have just slapped on the grease even to the point where I've had to wash my hair again at home. So happy with my soft, swingy hair and need to keep my ends healthy so I regain the length I've lost and not need to trim next touch up.

Looks nice and healthy! Love the look of freshly trimmed hair.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

MsCarmenP

I subscribed over a year ago but have only posted a few times because looking at all this long and luscious hair sometimes makes me feel like I'm not worthy to even post.:blush: But I'm so happy with my hair right now I'm stepping out of lurkdom. I just got a touch up after a 16 week stretch. Got it done at a salon because I feel like I overlap when I do it on my own (so salon from now on). I got my hair cut to about chin length last year and I think my hair grows super slow. My goal is APL. When I went in this morning I expected to need a cut back to chin length but she said I didn't need that. She did trim (I hadn't trimmed in over a year and know I need to do better with that). Here is the result.

MsCarmenP

pelohello, Thanks! I guess I feel that way because it always seems like I make good progress and then have to chop most of it away. That's why I was so surprised I didn't have to this time.

Ms. Tiki

divachyk I have three loooong weeks. I spill most of my Mizani neutralizing shampoo so I'm going to have to pull out my bantu or isoplus and some good old vinegar. Well, I always use vinegar but...

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Lilmama1011 greenandchic it wasn't recent that it happened but it wasn't scoopable. I was in the shower when it happened. Down the drain it went. It actually was As I Am Cleansing Conditioner. I lost a good bit..maybe half the jar.

Last edited:

Ms. Tiki

divachyk That is the worst. I think I only have a little corner left. Only enough to wash maybe one of my fours sections and not even a good wash. I'm mad b/c that bottle was more than $20. Hence, the fact that I haven't bought a new one.

Last edited:

sunnieb

All the newgrowth I had to work with:

ForumRunner_20141027_095706.jpg

Pre-parted, oiled, and twisted:

ForumRunner_20141027_095827.jpg

Freshly relaxed and airdried yesterday:

ForumRunner_20141027_095517.jpg

I trimmed about 3/4" from the longest stand. Won't trim anymore until my next relaxer.

Wind blown and at work this morning:

ForumRunner_20141027_095534.jpg

ForumRunner_20141027_095502.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Fotchygirl